Do u feed gripe water to your baby everyday?

cocraze

Hi mummies,
wonder if anyone, like me, feed gripe water to your baby everyday?

For me, I give everyday, either 2.5ml gripe water mixed with ~20ml plain water after her bath in the late morning, or mixed with her milk if her feed is close to after bath time.

As she still cries everyday in the evenings due to stomach wind, Im thinking of giving her another 'dose' (~2.5ml) in the evening time.

I know the instructions on the bottle says that for babies between 1 to 6 months can give 5 ml per dose, up to 4 doses in 24 hours. But I've been hesitant to increase the dosage in the morning because I feed her everyday. I feel better feeding her a bit less than recommended dosage.

Phoebii Cheng

I think go with your peace...if you feel peaceful to give her 4 doses a day then give

If you daughter still got stomach wind, did you try to rub ru yi oil on her back and tummy? and at night you might want to rub some oil too on her feet and wear socks at night......

Burping her oso will help....and also are you BF her? or she is drinking FM too? cos' sometimes FM will cause wind esp during preparation like you shaking the bottle?

Feliz

Hi mummies,

For me, I give everyday, either 2.5ml gripe water mixed with ~20ml plain water after her bath in the late morning, or mixed with her milk if her feed is close to after bath time.

As she still cries everyday in the evenings due to stomach wind, Im thinking of giving her another 'dose' (~2.5ml) in the evening time.

I know the instructions on the bottle says that for babies between 1 to 6 months can give 5 ml per dose, up to 4 doses in 24 hours. But I've been hesitant to increase the dosage in the morning because I feed her everyday. I feel better feeding her a bit less than recommended dosage.

for me i gave 5ml once aday aft edlycia bath.. so far at night she's ok..

my daughter also had a lot of stomach wind when she was younger even though we gave her gripe water.

Then when we brought her to a PD, we were told that gripe water helps to prevent stomach wind but since my daughter already has stomach wind, then we should be looking at how to get rid of the stomach wind. She was then prescribed with RidWind which was added to her milk. It worked for her then. But I still have gripe water in hand for just in case...

kenxf_03

my daughter also had a lot of stomach wind when she was younger even though we gave her gripe water.

Then when we brought her to a pediatrician, we were told that gripe water helps to prevent stomach wind but since my daughter already has stomach wind, then we should be looking at how to get rid of the stomach wind. She was then prescribed with RidWind which was added to her milk. It worked for her then. But I still have gripe water in hand for just in case...
For me, I fed Ds with gripe water every morning after his bath and applied ru yi oil to prevent wind when he is young. But then he still got wind in his tummy. Tink its normal for babies to have wind in tummy one, so Pd also prescribed Ridwind for him. He's better after that.

But then I still did the same by feeding him gripe water every monring and apply ru yi oil loh. No harm also..

Ting

im not a big fan of gripe water actually.
instead i give infacol rather than gripe water.
or u can try rid wind.
i think they r also more effective than gripe water.
also apply ruyi oil n massage her tummy in a clockwise direction.
my take is, no dun give gripe water so frequently, so far i only gv pin less than 10 times.

apollo

same as Ting dearie, i dun really feed ds gripe water. i think he took it once only? aft tt i tried giving him another time but he refused to drink. i think till now he only drink once bahh, ard 5ml mix with 20ml water, and didnt finish at all. :tlaugh:

chrish

cos it contains alcohol and also bicarbonate of soda..so not too good lah..it's best if your child dun poo, give them fruits and water. Over here where i live, they normally give children raisins and yogurt to aid digestion :) hope this helps. Cheers!:Dancing_wub:

mommie_lynn

Hi mummies,

Hi, I think it is better not to feed her gripe water everyday. It is sweet and what if your gal relies on it everytime in the future? :elvis:For me, I feed her gripe water every two three days and only once (cos my gal also has a lot of 'wind'). Applying ru yi oil at the tummy helps. Rub your hands, make it hot then apply. Try not to let the tummy expose to the wind. When I prepare milk for her, I will also remove the 'cap' for a while to let the 'air' in the bottle escape before feeding her... but for this method, I am not sure if it really helps... :tlaugh:

apple.koh

I gave my son colic drop instead of gripe water.
I've taste it and its not sweet as compared to gripe water and can be introduce from birth onwards.
PD also highly recommend giving infant colic drop instead of gripe water.
It's available in guadian pharmancy.

lynoh78

i put 60ml water n jus mix wif 2.5ml gripe water, not my bb stomach got wind its due to bcoz i wan to let my bb drink water if not v hard to force her drink but so far she got drink ley but cannot finish la at least got drink 40 or 50ml of water

raeka

when my boy was infant use to give him gripe water about 3 days per wk. now he is 1 yr plus .. gave almost daily.. sometime might forget haha

mamalicious

ridwind is actually simethicone. i dunno wad it is n it sounds chemical to me. it also has added vanillin flavouring. gripe water is dill seed oil, which is natural. added alcohol n bicarbonate of soda r all natural.. i feed my DD evryday 2-3 times half capful.

TANZHENZHI

I only gave dear son in the morning after bath. I heard about it too that cannot feed too much gripe water. But dunno what's the reason. anyway i only feed him once a day so should be okie.

paull

i went for a talk at cck polyclinic a wk before, the nurse said that gripe water is actually not good..
she recommend infantcol instead if ur baby gt wind in the stomach..
since then i've stopped my dd on gripe water..