Do u still travel by flight?

mAmA

I booked my ticket for July09
Just found out that I m preggy for 8wks
Not too sure is it safe to travel, I will check wf the doctor..
Do u travel in ur 1st trimester?
wat r the things i need to look out for?

apollo

it depends on individual. u have to seek for ur gynae's advice. As long as ur gynae feel that ur condition is okay and no complication, i think shdn't be a pro.

Travelling overseas most impt is dun anyhow take roadside food... cos overseas might not be as clean as SG and we're somehow used to SG's hygiene habit... =)

JacquiLau

8 weeks... so mean by the time you reach July will be 2nd trimester? I did travel during my 1st trimester... cos hubby booked a trip for us to go celebrate my bday so everything was planned. Given that it's not a long flight, we went ahead with it was fine....:001_302:

adoncia

i read on the newpaper today, by right, pregnant mummies should not travel by flight after 28 weeks.. but there are some exceptional cases... have to consult gynaes...

JacquiLau

i read on the newpaper today, by right, pregnant mummies should not travel by flight after 28 weeks.. but there are some exceptional cases... have to consult gynaes...
I flew back to Singapore when I was 31 weeks pregnant. Basically it depend on your health, if you are healthy and all you can get a letter from the doctor and the airline will let you fly up to 35 weeks. But if you have bad water retention or high blood pressure it's best you don't fly after 28 weeks or even before... I agree that's it best to consult gynae before you wish to do any travel.

yellowpudding

I travelled when I am 16 weeks pregnant, basically it's best for you to seek your gynae's advice and see what he/she has to say. You will have to obtain a travel letter from your doc stating you are able to fly just in case airlines ask for it. :)

yennee76

I went to Taiwan for holiday during my 2nd trimester (think 20+weeks). Think you have to ask your gynae, and he/ she will issue you a letter (to certify you are fit to fly)

missblue18

i went to shanghai n australia when i was 5mths plus pregnant...so travelling is no prob just gotta stretch ur legs more in the plane n try to request for seats with more leg space which are the 1st row seats where passebgers with babies normally sit so they can put out the beby cot...

if ur flight doesnt have so many babies they'll give u the seat upon request.

Queenbabe

Think after 4mth is ok to travel bt if before 4mth need to consult doctor better coz foetus still not so stable b4 4mth as u know some pple pantang they never tell pple they r pregnant only after 3mth or 4mth then say .

B4 i found out i was pregnant last yr feb 08 i alr booked ticket to bangkok for march so i consult doctor , doctor give me medicine for nauseous coz i afraid i will vomit as is my 1st time taking plane :)

november

Shouldn't be a problem. I went Japan for holiday when i was 14 weeks. Gynae said after 12 weeks should be more or less stable and i went check up again the day before i flew.

Jest dun anyhow eat roadside stall can liao.

mAmA

wow.. so many mommies travel when pregnant
thx for all ur advices :)
yes, i will check wf my gynae before i travel
i booked the trip for my parents to give them a suprise but didnt know i m preggy so i was thinking of not to go then let my sis take care of them

i booked the flight to bkk, only abt 2hrs flt
the only thing i worry is the flt i booked is tiger airways
the flt alwiz hv rough touching down, made me feel a bit uncomfortable
now wf my pregnancy, not sure will it make me even sick

any mommy tried tiger airways when preggy?

mAmA

oh yes, another thing is i read the news abt faye wong miscarriage
she flew to HK to shopping in her 1st trimester
n that may be the reason caused her miscarriage

that was wat i read from the news, not sure how true
again, i agreed is depends on individual bah

apollo

oh yes, another thing is i read the news abt faye wong miscarriage
she flew to HK to shopping in her 1st trimester
n that may be the reason caused her miscarriage

that was wat i read from the news, not sure how true
again, i agreed is depends on individual bah
the news right, can read but dun believe too much.. cos no one knows what's e main cause, those TW/HK reporters like to anyhow write.

if u're going to bkk, rmb dun take their roadside food and also dun drink their tap water even if u boil it.. drink mineral water =)

Queenbabe

Hi MaMa mummy ,

I tried Jetstar only .. aso to bkk ..
When i went there dun even feel like walking or shop around coz really so tired ..
Ya i never eat their roadside food or drink their water , i only eat at the restaurant there .

mAmA

ya think this time round i hv to miss the roadside food liao
although is my favourite hehe..
i normally buy 1 ltr of mineral water in the room

how's jestar huh?
touching down also rough?
tigerairways is a bit terrible loh
even i m physical fit but i feel discomfort aft it touched down

yellowpudding

mAmA: I think if you still feel worried and all, maybe you can talk to your gynae about your concerns and also give Tiger Airways a call to let them know about your pregnancy?
If at the end of all these, you are still worried - perhaps it'll be good for you to miss the trip this time round (at least you will feel safer). :)

Queenbabe

If u r worry then u shld miss the trip like y.pudding say .
I dunno but budget airway the seat very uncomfortable & squeezing .
Touching down is ok for me still can take it but i dunno is it the same for u coz diff pple diff pregnancy pattern .

camomile

i heard from my friend that his wife had a miscarraige after her trip to bali. he even said its better not to fly during 1st trimester. i'm going to bali too, during late April (by then i should be in my 12th week pregnancy).

i really dunno what to do? :wong16:

mAmA

hi mommies,
thx for advices, ya i gonna call them to check it out
tiger airways is quite diff wf other kind of aircraft when touching down
very rough
yes the seat is very small however is a short journey so to me i m ok
juz worry the touching down part only
i will re consider, talk to my gynae maybe :)

mAmA

hi camomile,
like other mommies said, really dpends on individual
but if u r not comfortable to take long hrs flt or sitting for too long
or too worry abt it then may give it a miss loh
aftall, is better to be careful then sorry loh
juz my 2cent tot ;p