Do u wake ur baby for milk ??

ling.er

yup if still no improvement then better bring him back to see his pediatrician. but at the meantime, try to massage his lil tummy often. cos i still feel that can dont use medication at such young age will be better =)

Mi & his Daddy will try to monitor lo..
Btw do baby hiccup often after their feeds ?? :wong19:

apollo

Mi & his Daddy will try to monitor ..
Btw do baby hiccup often after their feeds ?? :wong19:
autumn is right. hipcup is one of the most common thing for newborn babies. esp during the 1st 3 mths. dun hav to do anythin, they will stop aft a few min =)

ling.er

:tlaugh:Thk So much..

Finally My Aaven pass -motion ^^ .. Juz need monitor him again.. Hope he pass motion again.. :wong19: Make mi worry so much..

camom

Actually I don't cos he wakes up regularly during the nite for milk. He is a tbf bb so I don't really track his intake so long as he produced the required no. of wet diapers per day.

For my elder gal, she slept thru fr 5+ weeks onwards. We didn't wake her up.

cmeilim

same here. when my boy sleeps thru (on the rare occasions even now that he has turned one year old), we don't wake him up for milk. babies know when they are hungry and if they are, you can be sure they will definitely wake you up! ;p

ling.er

:wong19:Some time i duno izit nv feed him full.. imagine 7pm i feed him with B.F he will stop drinking about 1/2 hr so i though he full.. then i put him back to slp.. Another Hr pass he cry for milk again..

cmeilim

it is very common for newborns on breastmilk to be hungry every 1-1.5hr. Just nurse on demand. Pls don't compare with newborns fed on formula milk because breastmilk is more watery and more easily digestible (hence better for newborns and babies' still immature and developing digestive systems). for the first one to two months, expect much of your life to revolve around breastfeeding round-the-clock, but things will settle down and improve after that, and you will have more time to rest and relax. =) persevere on!

ling.er

it is very common for newborns on breastmilk to be hungry every 1-1.5hr. Just nurse on demand. Pls dont't compare with newborns fed on formula milk because breastmilk is more watery and more easily digestible (hence better for newborns and babies' still immature and developing digestive systems). for the first one to two months, expect much of your life to revolve around breastfeeding round-the-clock, but things will settle down and improve after that, and you will have more time to rest and relax. =) persevere on!

o_O Do ur newborn have same thing ?? Cos i worry i over feed him As he is so small size & digest system i think nt so fast ..

annie

Hi all mummy, i have just give birth by C-sec . My Newborn was 1 wk old.. I have some question need ask pls advice mi Thk ^^

. Do you all wake your baby for milk ? Or just wait they cry / wake then feed them ? My mum & mother in law inform mi not to wake them to feed , let it wake he own..

. Hw long do your all feed the baby ? Or hw long they will get hungry ? Mine is every nigh 2-3 hr = =" even i feed him with B.M + F.M cos some time he dont want latch on ..

:wong19:Advice thk to all mummy repl .. ^^
my mum was opposite. she asked me to wake my girl up for milk. however, i dun because she will by hereslf. when she was at your baby's age, she wakes up every 2-2.5hrs for milk throughout the day. at night too. i was purely breastfeeding. no FM. daytime if she is awake, i latch her on demand. in fact everytime she cries i give her boobs cos baby this age is either hungry or sleepy.. so either way, boobs does the trick lol. so pratically whole day she is latching on. u wont overfeed them i guess. when they are not hungry they wont drink. thats wat i think.

AND i dun support waking babies up for milk unless doc ask u to do so (eg when baby has jaundice and sleeps alot). cos if they do not have enough sleep they will be grouchy. dun think u want tat to happen? or if your baby sleeps too much in the day time then maybe u need to wake him up for milk every 2hrs or so. for night time just let it be. let them sleep.

fern

\the lactation nurse, "normal" nurse as well as pre-natal class told me to
(daytime) wake baby up for milk if it's time for milk
(night time) give baby milk only when he/she ask for milk. by doing so, he/she will also learn to sleep through the night