Do You Buckle Up Your Child?

yes, for me, i will make sure baby is buckled up when the car is moving. if he screams, i'll stop the car somewhere (if convenient), and make sure he buckles up before moving. otherwise just let him cry lor. My logic is this: i rather have a screaming baby than a dead baby.

read a car safety manual from volvo before, and it says that actually, even for adults, the safest position is rear-facing. we just don't do it coz it's not practical. and for children, we should keep them rear-facing for as long as possible, due to the larger size of their heads in proportion to their bodies.

i find it difficult to justify having a kid without seatbelts on in the car. coz if anything happens, it's so easy for them to be flung out the window...

apollo

my hubby is currently driving a van.. i wonder if there's any car seat for van?? as in putting the car seat in the middle seat in the van?? or we can only put the car seat on the left passenger seat??

yan2

my hubby is currently driving a van.. i wonder if there's any car seat for van?? as in putting the car seat in the middle seat in the van?? or we can only put the car seat on the left passenger seat??
Car seat should be able to use in a van. Its the passenger seat belt in the van which need to secure the car seat.

Funz

I insist that both my kids be in childseats. When they were infants, we had those that infant carrier kind that can be attached to the pram as well. Once they are able to sit up on their own, it is childseats. My kids are 2 yrs apart. So when the 2nd one reach about 6-7mths, we bought another childseat for dd. It's those with detachable backing that the child seat can eventually be converted into a booster.

yakii

front facing for the car seat? is it facing the front like us?
i wonder those booster seat is for what age. mayb she will like it better.
kind of regret never buy edix when we change our car, else husband, me and my girl can officially sit in front. hehe

stroller for my girl i think no chance . she rather come down to push the stroller than to sit inside. :001_302:
booster seat is for kids that is 4 yr to 6 yr old and of a min. height of 96cm

stonston

My son enjoys sitting on his own with safety belt, but nvr inside carseat. so we improvise by putting cushion below him so it's like a booster seat (he dun like booster seats also, tink too hard).

Funz

actually a lot of kids at some point will fight being confined to a child seat. I had incidents where I had no choice but to find a place to pull over to pacify my gal cos she was screaming so badly but after that it is back into the childseat again.

When it comes to safety, I will not compromise. My kids can scream and cry and protest all they want but no child seat means no going out if we are taking mummy's or daddy's car. Even when we were driving during our holiday in Australia, I rented childseats for both my kids. Eventually they get use to it. Now in fact, my boy refuse to get into my car if his booster is missing which poses a different kind of challenge. haha.

daniellew

I always buckle up my kids...I hope they buckle themselves up when they get bigger. better safe than sorry!