1) What kind of supplements do you give? e.g. Multi vit, CLO, spirulina, vit C

2) What brand?

3) How much?

4) How often do you give?

5) Before or after meal?

Thx for sharing!

dilshamum

Hi I do introduce supplements to my 2 kids age 4 yrs+ & 1 yr

1) I gave colostrum with Probiotics to my 2 kids and vitamnin c to my older kid who has a sensitive nose and very prone to flus and running nose

2) both from GNC

3) colostrum $76.94, vit c $29.04

4) both once a day

5) colostrum mix with milk, vit c in the morning

stonston

dilshamum, jus share u can get e colostrum (is e same brand n product) fm here: helputtc ....

much cheaper than getting fm GNC....

Last edited:

aby

Oh yes.. Me and hb and many family members on Elken Spirulina for 10th year already..

Spirulina is an all rounded supplement, balanced nutritional contents except laking in vitamin C.. It's actually a blue algae (seaweed).. I increase intake especially during pregnancy..

Start giving my 2 once they turn 1 month old.. Pressed a tablets between two spoons and mis into their FM.. Or some friends will add into the water if the bb is tbf.. My 2 required no night feed since the addition of this.. I believe that as spirulina offers enough nutrition througout the day thus they are not hungry and thus do not wake up for night feed..

Now my 2 esp my 5yo boy will auto help himmself to 5 tablets a day.. They take cod liver oil (white), vitamin C and goat milk tablets too..

stonston

I believe that as spirulina offers enough nutrition througout the day thus they are not hungry and thus do not wake up for night feed....
fm nutritional view, this is not encouraged....esp for young children under 1yo...
cos spirulina may provide alot of nutrients, but it is not balanced for their nutritional needs n should not be given to them unless professionally adviced to do so (by PD or nutritionist)....

at their age the nutritional needs is different fm adults or older children...milk is their base source of nutrition cos it is specially catered to their needs....adding a 'multivit' may result in lack of certain nutrient tt is essential for bb....n nutrient deficiencies r long term...cannt be seen immediately....

if realli wanna give supplements, best to give after 1yo or after 2yo if possible....unless PD says bb needs supps for special cases like failure to thrive or other probs....

if realli insistent on giving to young infants, best to do nutrient analysis n compare with nutrient needs n balance for their age range....u will be shocked at how much 'extra' supps provide when e body doesnt even need them....

jedamum

1) What kind of supplements do you give? e.g. Multi vit, CLO, spirulina, vit C
Vitasaurus Appetite booster
Cod liver old
2) What brand?
Vitasaurus
Scotts
3) How much?
Dunno..MIL buy one
4) How often do you give?
Once a day
5) Before or after meal?
AFter

aby

fm nutritional view, this is not encouraged....esp for young children under 1yo...
cos spirulina may provide alot of nutrients, but it is not balanced for their nutritional needs n should not be given to them unless professionally adviced to do so (by PD or nutritionist)....

at their age the nutritional needs is different fm adults or older children...milk is their base source of nutrition cos it is specially catered to their needs....adding a 'multivit' may result in lack of certain nutrient tt is essential for bb....n nutrient deficiencies r long term...cannt be seen immediately....

if realli wanna give supplements, best to give after 1yo or after 2yo if possible....unless PD says bb needs supps for special cases like failure to thrive or other probs....

if realli insistent on giving to young infants, best to do nutrient analysis n compare with nutrient needs n balance for their age range....u will be shocked at how much 'extra' supps provide when e body doesnt even need them....
Tks stonston.. :tlaugh:

Comments range from Doc to Doc.. Many of us are doing so.. And we are glad that both are healthy and smart as they thrive.. :Dancing_wub:

I have did reserch like internet and reading up books and all comfirmed that Spirulina is a very very balanced supplement.. Btw, those "natural" ones from the sea, I personally feel they are not natural anymore as the sea and the environment had been so polluted.. Thus the source of supplements is very very IMPORTANT!!! The ones we take are from special cultivation pond..

Cheers!

Last edited:

mae

No...I stopped all supplements when we came here in Sg. Anyway she is still drinking her milk 4-5 times a day. Plus full meals & etc. hehehe

stonston

Comments range from Doc to Doc.. Many of us are doing so.. And we are glad that both are healthy and smart as they thrive.. :Dancing_wub:

I have did reserch like internet and reading up books and all comfirmed that Spirulina is a very very balanced supplement.. Btw, those "natural" ones from the sea, I personally feel they are not natural anymore as the sea and the environment had been so polluted.. Thus the source of supplements is very very IMPORTANT!!! The ones we take are from special cultivation pond..

Cheers!
this is realli personal pref...cos i studied nutrition, n am teaching nutrition now....

after indepth study, guess i'm v skeptical of supplements...have seen how ppl have died fm taking supps tinking it will help them in long run....
lost good frens n relatives due to supplements....tt's y i always caution pple who wanna give their little ones supplements....cos their organs r not mature enuf to tahan...

on a light hearted note, if ur diet is balance, there is actualli no need for supps unless there is some medical reason for it :)
n it is v easy to do nutrient analysis on ur diet or ur kid's diets now to check if they r getting enuf nutrients :)

aby

this is realli personal pref...cos i studied nutrition, n am teaching nutrition now....

after indepth study, guess i'm v skeptical of supplements...have seen how ppl have died fm taking supps tinking it will help them in long run....
lost good frens n relatives due to supplements....tt's y i always caution pple who wanna give their little ones supplements....cos their organs r not mature enuf to tahan...

on a light hearted note, if ur diet is balance, there is actualli no need for supps unless there is some medical reason for it :)
n it is v easy to do nutrient analysis on ur diet or ur kid's diets now to check if they r getting enuf nutrients :)

dilshamum

dilshamum, jus share u can get e colostrum (is e same brand n product) fm here: H-SPHERE ....

much cheaper than getting fm GNC....
Hi Stonston..thanks for sharing...just to check..is it realiable? cause i am quite 'green' ordering from web. are the contents the same as what is from GNC?