Do you give your kid Rebena? 18yr old toddler?

snowee

Has read somewhere Rebena not suitable for kid below 36months...is it true?
What juice do you give your kid?

Priya Diva

Hi Snowee

Actually i started giving my daughter ribena after she turned 24 mths. But i mix with warm water [ slightly diluted to make it less sweet] and give and not every day. Maybe 1 or 2 weeks once...

cmeilim

i personally feel that ribena is very sweet, even when diluted with water. fruit juices, even the freshly squeezed ones, contain much higher concentration of natural sugar than eating fruits themselves. so i prefer to just let my boy drink plain water or fresh milk and eat fruits for vitamin A and C and fibre. at his childcare centre, they do give the kids warm milo (the aunties prepare themselves, not the ready-to-drink packets) from time to time though.

Phoebii Cheng

So far I tried giving my son ribena, but he refuses to drink it...even other juices too....so he only drinks water and milk, milo also not often

littlena

Alpha Male
Has read somewhere Rebena not suitable for kid below 36months...is it true?
What juice do you give your kid?
Why are they not suitable? Did the article mention?
it's just fruit cordial... no harm ... but then I don't allow much colorings, flavourings etc in their diet..
it has to be fresh and organic (most of the time)

Priya Diva

Hi Mummy

You can check with your doc/pediatrician if you can give or not. Whatever drink we give should be done at moderation i feel. Whether ribena or soya milk or milo. Plain warm water and milk is still better. But once in a while of perks is ok i feel of course age appropriate!! :tlaugh: