Do you put baby in stroller or carrier when u go shopping?

pkshl

hi ladies, do u put yr babies in a stroller or carrier when u go shopping?

if u use stroller, iszit difficult to get into MRT? will people give way?

if use carrier, where & how do u change baby diapers?

Frenchkitty

Hello~ I put my baby in stroller whenever we bring him out even if we might end up not needing it. I just keep it in my car boot.

As long as the stroller is moving he is ok to sit inside, and I can hang my bags on the hooks I bought from Kiddypalace.
I think stroller is more convenient, for my case at least, because Im really petite at 42kg so I got no strength to carry my baby and lug around a heavy diaper bag.

pkshl

Hello~ I put my baby in stroller whenever we bring him out even if we might end up not needing it. I just keep it in my car boot.

As long as the stroller is moving he is ok to sit inside, and I can hang my bags on the hooks I bought from Kiddypalace.
I think stroller is more convenient, for my case at least, because Im really petite at 42kg so I got no strength to carry my baby and lug around a heavy diaper bag.
i tink is more convenient for u since u ve a car. have u tried going around with baby in stroller in MRT b4? ppl give way to u?

Porukadotzu

hi ladies, do you put your babies in a stroller or carrier when you go shopping?

if you use stroller, iszit difficult to get into MRT? will people give way?

if use carrier, where & how do you change baby diapers?
when we go out i always put baby in stroller, or carrier if lazy to bring stroller out... but mostly we go out by car coz our stroller quite big, so never get into public transport with stroller thou...

maybe would be a bit troublesome if you bring stroller into mrt/bus....unless if you can handle yourself, or let your husband carry around the stroller...

And if you want to change baby's diaper then just head to Baby changing room, not all the shopping centre have Baby room, but mostly the new mall have a nice and comfortable baby room and nursing room. You can search for where and which mall have baby room in this forum, someone ever post the location and name of the mall.

nsync_su

hi ladies, do you put your babies in a stroller or carrier when you go shopping?

if you use stroller, iszit difficult to get into MRT? will people give way?

if use carrier, where & how do you change baby diapers?
I always put my daughter in the stroller rather than carrier. Always take the MRT and yes, ppl do give way and offers me to sit too. Since most places and stations have lifts, it is very easy to go anywhere.

Amulet

i use both.. when baby is good and quiet, i put her in pram.. when she demands, i sling her..

pkshl

when we go out i always put baby in stroller, or carrier if lazy to bring stroller out... but mostly we go out by car coz our stroller quite big, so never get into public transport with stroller thou...

maybe would be a bit troublesome if you bring stroller into mrt/bus....unless if you can handle yourself, or let your husband carry around the stroller...

And if you want to change baby's diaper then just head to Baby changing room, not all the shopping centre have Baby room, but mostly the new mall have a nice and comfortable baby room and nursing room. You can search for where and which mall have baby room in this forum, someone ever post the location and name of the mall.
ya i also think is quite troublesome to bring stoller into mrt/bus since my stroller is quite heavy. tink i will juz put my ds in carrier, easier for me, i take cab also easy

autumn82

When Iggy was NB to 6-7mths old, he was always in the carrier no matter I'm alone/w dear husband or long/short trip or MRT/Car. It's easier when he's lighter.

When he starts to grow heavier, I used both stroller & carrier during long trips and just stroller itself during short trips. But if I've to take any form of transportation, I will bring carrier along too. Coz I dont't know how to carry him like that. Too used to carrier! :tlaugh:This is my problem now.. :embarrassed:

Just recently, we brought our kids to Causeway Pt via MRT, there was this lady who was also pushing stroller just dashed passed my stroller (almost hit mine) into the lift when the door opened. My DH went in 1st, tot the one behind was me, also got shocked. Where am i.. Still outside the lift.. -_-" Then I asked my DH, "you zhe mO Gan shi jian ma? MRT not even arrived!" coz they r from China.. This is not the 1st time. But then it wouldn't be last either. Wahahahah. SG... *shakes head*

I try my best to take MRT for short distance coz my gal is too used to car, when she's on MRT, she's pretty scared coz can't balance, just like mountain tortoise... Wahahahah :x

Last edited:

Domique

i used both. When going out, i use carrier. When reach shopping mall, i put him down in pram. Then when he sian of pram and all the toys, I carry him again. when we eat or go cafe, I also put him down in pram for his mug mug and biscuits time.

:)

But to bring pram and carrier and his diaper bag, i always have my hubby with me. for short trips, less than 2 hours alone, i just use carrier.

autumn82

true. but if need to change diaper how? not everywhere got nursing rooms, what if i go somewhere no nursing room how?
U can do it anywhere flat and safe with your diaper changing mat? Even toilets nowadays have those diaper changing station.. just put the mat and your baby on it? :)

Frenchkitty

i tink is more convenient for you since you ve a car. have you tried going around with baby in stroller in MRT before? ppl give way to you?
Nope never tried going out w baby alone though, because Hubby scared Im very kayu and cannot handle baby when Im driving alone so he always disallows me to bring bb out on my own.

I havent taken MRT in ages but if Im not wrong got some spaces are not seats but the "standing" types with hand rails.. so you can park your pram there no prob. Wont get in the way of other passengers.

serenelm

i usually bring along both for shopping trips... cos stroller can be used to hang my shopping bags (even if baby dun sit)... then when baby's fussing n refuse to stay in stroller, i'll carry him using baby carrier... wif my hands free, i'll push the stroller which would be full of my shopping bags... hahaha :p

as for changing baby when i oni bring baby carrier, i'll juz look for baby changing station (most shopping ctrs hv them nowadays)...

chiro

i, a sotong mummy have recently brought my ds out alonewhen he was 6.5mths hehe on a carrier..we went bugis shop shop.. N he pooed before we reached bugis..hehe...

As stroller was heavy, it was used when dh is around..

Ting

i used pram for pin when she was younger and abt 1 year old then change to stroller.
on off will use pram if we travel long journeys so she can slp, cos stroller cant adjust.
but for me, i seldom use stroller nowadays, very lazy. only longer trips then i will use.

pokemon97

i use stroller cos too tired to carry when shopping for very long and it's more comfortable for my son to slp in the stroller and when i'm having my meals. i got no problem travelling by MRT with stroller.

Hi Dear Mummy

its always more convenient to have a stroller around as you can hang your shopping stuff on stroller rather than just carry your baby which may end up in alot of inconvenience especially if u are out shopping

adoreachild

I think stroller is the best option to carry a child when you are going to market. Because your child will remain safe in it an also can enjoy freely.