Do you set a budget for your household?

stonston

Investment is usually a win win situation if you have placed in a good counter for long term say... 5 to 8 years. Even if you put the money in the bank.... those banker will still use your money to buy shares. My take is that... suppose A never invest but put most of the money in the bank for a period of 8 years.... compare to B who invest for a period of 8 years... you tell me who will win? A or B? :)
I want to be B, but I'm not a risk taker & dun have time to read up about investing also. No reliable friends who are investors (my uncle is a banker but he retired already & does not like to talk about 'work').

So for now, I'm A. Trying to learn to be B :)

Is there any GUARANTEED RETURNS investment? Meaning even if economy not good, I'll at least get back what I put in?
I currently have one investment that is like that, but bought many years ago & they discontinued the product line. So I'm not too sure what they have out there now. Anyone keen to share? I just need names of bank/company and the product name & I'll do my own read up. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

uddermummy

I want to be B, but I'm not a risk taker & dont have time to read up about investing also. No reliable friends who are investors (my uncle is a banker but he retired already & does not like to talk about 'work').

So for now, I'm A. Trying to learn to be B :)

Is there any GUARANTEED RETURNS investment? Meaning even if economy not good, I'll at least get back what I put in?
I currently have one investment that is like that, but bought many years ago & they discontinued the product line. So I'm not too sure what they have out there now. Anyone keen to share? I just need names of bank/company and the product name & I'll do my own read up. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
not v sure about the actual products but i read in the papers that there are now 'capital guaranteed' products that must give you back at least your principal amount, or they will kena by MAS.

It's diff from 'capital assured' pdts that were v popular before the market crash. Maybe you can google that?

another thing worth looking at are pdts that are pegged to inflation: the returns must be at least equal to the inflation rate. But not sure if they have them in singapore.

MsKoh1973

We dun hv a budget, besides groceries, insurance, the only luxury we hv is eating buffet which we tried not to do tat more than twice a month. We r not big spender, so we still save quite a far bit at the end of each month.