do you sleep well at night ?

Gem2505

Hi all mtb,

Me too, have weird dreams & woke up every 3-4 hours for toilet break. Noticed most of you are already over 15 weeks, anyone have these problem even during 1st trimester??
hmm.. yea, i have weird dreams during the 7th month.. last week also have.. althou in tri 2 already, which most people would say its the honeymoon period. so far, sleeping position has been a great problem to me.
cant face left or face up else will feel very uncomfortable then cant slp well. only can face right side. cannot stretch my body coz i will feel the stretching made baby feel discomfort litat coz like im stretching my tummy area at the same time. =(
every night, i CONFIRM will wake up once.. 4+/5+ am.. never once i slp thru out till my alarm rings. awww... leading to not enough slp the nx day. even on weekends, the most i will slp is till 8am only. =(
haiz..... think my baby dun wan me to slp and want me to go out, eat, tv, etc. lol.

Jinny

My trick to get tired and sleep is to read a book/magazine on bed by the bedside lighting, soon I can doze off like a pig lol...

omg, i'm already in my 20 weeks but i still cant find the right position to sleep at nite. this 2 days more worst, cant sleep straight, cant sleep 90° on both side is so painful and if sleep side 45° omg back pain ... n gg toilet so many times per nite. if wake up not easy to get back to sleep. tis my 2nd pregnancy but during my 1st pregnancy seem to b ok. :eek:10:

shandy83

any one having chest pain in the night? the part between our breast? mine is more toward the left.

i have been having it for a few nites already. It gets real painful at nite when i'm lying on my back. In the morning, if i press the bone part, then it hurts...

any advice?

Doreen2906

Same problems here, although only in week 15, have been finding it difficult to get a comfortable sleeping position, finally after much tossing and turning, I find facing my right side the more comfy position. :tsad:

And also could not sleep throughout the whole night, sure will wake up at least once to got to toilet, and after that, need to take a long time to fall back asleep. :wong16:

And yes! I cannot seem to take room temperature plain water! Makes me nausea! So its either HOt water, or cold drinks. Actually, asked my gynae abt it, he said its ok if I cannot take plain water, just drink Ribena (vit C!!), fruit juice etc, so been taking orange juice, apple juice, ribena... :tlaugh:

joelhoon

Is like a toilet marathon for me....
Turn in at 10.30.

Wake up at 12.30...for toilet trip..
Went back to sleep again...

then 3am...then 5.30...then i have to wake up at 6am to prepare to go to work......hais~!

CherylTan

dont know why, for the past 1 week, i have been waking up every 2-3 hours ... regardless what time i sleep...either at 10 or 11pm. it feel as though my body is training me for the 2-3 hours feeding time... but at the same time it is making me tired in the morning

do you have the same problem as me ?
Yes I'm currently in my 22weeks now and I experienced the same thg as u. Kinda frustrated thou as I still have to wrk in the morn. End up I always have not enough slp.

Jheyyy

I can't seem to fall asleep at night !
I tend to sleep like after 7am & wake up maybe at 5pm or 6pm :(
Been skipping meals due to my sleeping pattern & thus gaining about 2kgs up till now.
Is it normal ?
I'm 6months plus now.

keefu

I can't seem to fall asleep at night !
I tend to sleep like after 7am & wake up maybe at 5pm or 6pm :(
Been skipping meals due to my sleeping pattern & thus gaining about 2kgs up till now.
Is it normal ?
I'm 6months plus now.
I think it's pretty normal to lose sleep and sleeping pattern changes a lot during pregnancy... Just like now the whole of today and evening I practically just feel like sleeping yet now I am awake instead...

Hope it's nt affecting you too much during work and rest as much as you can..

eowyn

Sleeping well is indeed a problem. I'm in my 22nd week, hasn't been sleeping well at night too. I will wake up everytime i toss and turn. Then having really weird dreams. Just the other night, i was having a dream abt vampires. I was like, 'duh, i don't even believe in vampires'. :nah:

shandy83

i got bad leg cramps last nite...was awaken by the sharp pain..
this morning wake up, still can feel the nerves pulling

any preventive measures?

Gem2505

i got bad leg cramps last nite...was awaken by the sharp pain..
this morning wake up, still can feel the nerves pulling

any preventive measures?
Haiz! I have that same experience at least 3 times per week. Even aft breakfast, I still felt the pull. =(
I tried not to stretch my leg to the max or too much when I'm asleep. Usually when I stretch my legs den I will get the cramp. Haiz..
I will start making noise and ask my husband wake up..
Ha. Massage for me!

citrella

I can't sleep well at night too. Mostly because I can't find a comfortable sleeping position and my backache is killing me.

I almost wake up at 3 am all the time for toilet break. (not sure why also) And usually take nearly 1 hour to go back to sleep. It's not a very restful sleep either and I have to wake up at 7 am for work.

Sigh.

pipilili

Yeah, nowadays I will wake up in the middle of the night (like 3am) to pee and then will go hungry. Have to make myself HOT Milo or Holicks to drink before I try to go back to sleep which will take around 1.1.5hr. A few of the forum-ers seemed to have the same problem...so I am wondering whether I should let my gynae know about it.:001_302::001_302::001_302: