Do you sterilize bowls and spoons?

woofy55

As per title... other than bottles.. do you sterilize the bowls and spoons your baby use? How do you know which bowls and spoons can be sterilized and won't 'melt'? Or will it melt?

meiteoh

No, I don't sterilize them - just wash with soap and dry - which is also why babies should start solids at a later stage - their tummies can handle the "dirt". Hubby and myself figured that sooner or later Eva has to develop some immunity to germs - can't keep sterilizing stuff forever. :)

woofy55

thanks meiteoh..

haiz.. MIL already started him on rice cereal (1tsp/day) for 3days liao. He is also happily eating it... zzz...

btw.. how do u dry the bowls and spoons..? leave it on the rack or dry with kitchen cloth?

Last edited:

fioncess

i also dun sterilize them. wash with baby soap. leave on the rack to dry. but before use i'll wash it again with soap too..

apollo

i dun sterilise them too.. hmm only the 1st time, i testing testing went to sterilise the pigeon bowl, aft tt i dun sterilise alrdy. haha!

Phoebii Cheng

When he was younger I would rinse with hot water, but the spoons I sterilize, cos' spoon using the avent white spoon.....

As he is older, did not sterilise cos after he is 1 yrs old he ate outside food so no point to sterilise......

Ting

nope i nvr sterilise her bowls n cutlerties.
only wash with soap n water.
but for the first time usage usually will pour hot water over it.

newmum80

I do sterilise his spoon cos i jus throw in together with other milk bottle and sterilise it. I jus wash the bowl and dry it but whenever i wana use it will pour hot water on the bowl & spoon before using it.