Do you still maintain your beauty after you got married/have babies?

dwarfs8

Recently i asked my colleague if it's weird for me to wear colored contacts, and he asked me why do i bother since i'm already married, who am i trying to attract.

This really set me thinking, what's wrong with maintaining our beauty despite our status? For me, i like to look pretty so as to feel good. There's a period where i grew fat after marriage, and my hubby asked me why did i not bother to dress up anymore. From then on, i kicked up my beauty regime.

What do you think ladies/mummies?

Yes. I still try my best to maintain my looks n figure. I think regardless of our status, all ladies or mummies shd keep a habit to dress up even they hv kids. I always envy those mummies who still maintain a gd figure n complexion even they are almost in their late thirties with kids. It does boost up my self confidence if I look gd.

There was a time whereby I was lazy to make up n dress up, my hubby started to notice my changes n he made some "remarks". From that day onwards, I realized he likes me to doll myself. I think he really appreciates my effort to make myself more beautiful. We can't possibly wait till we are in the 50s then we start to makeup rgt? Think we shd cherish our youth now before we regret. I also don't like others to call me "Auntie"! haha...Life is short, don't live with regrets...whatever u wish to try, just go ahead to try, no need to bother what others are thinking. I had tried wearing coloured contacts long ago but it was not very comfortable so I did not continue, but i was glad that I had tried before. Live life to the fullest! Ok?

Last edited:
For me I still keep up my figure, looks and dressing, if go nearby I wear normal, If go town, I wear dress, usually I jus put on eye liner and wear contacts, then every night will do my beauty facial routine before bed, hubby Is fine with it, and becoz of my maintain, alot ppl don't believe I have a 13 mths bbgirl. Hahaha. Which I think it's good what!

moonbell

i think it's important to maintain beauty even though married/have babies.. I still go facial after i got married. My husband asked why do i still bother to go facial after wedding... but i just tell him maintain loh.. else i become 'yellow-face' wait he dunwan me how.. LOL

Of course! I still hit the gym every week. I still put on my makeup and make sure it's good hair day whenever I'm out, even though I'm just in jeans and blouse.

My devil mother-in-law said that I'm fatter than her. She is trying very hard to maintain herself by going to bottomslim, diamond peels, spas, etc. So I better upkeep myself if not I'll look worse than her. But I must say it's quite easy to win her, because whatever she signed up for doesn't work and she has an ugly personailty. Hhahhaha. ;)

Anyhow, it's always good to look good. You are happy, husband is happy and so is your health.

dwarfs8

Yes. I still try my best to maintain my looks n figure. I think regardless of our status, all ladies or mummies shd keep a habit to dress up even they hv kids. I always envy those mummies who still maintain a gd figure n complexion even they are almost in their late thirties with kids. It does boost up my self confidence if I look gd.

There was a time whereby I was lazy to make up n dress up, my hubby started to notice my changes n he made some "remarks". From that day onwards, I realized he likes me to doll myself. I think he really appreciates my effort to make myself more beautiful. We can't possibly wait till we are in the 50s then we start to makeup rgt? Think we shd cherish our youth now before we regret. I also don't like others to call me "Auntie"! haha...Life is short, don't live with regrets...whatever u wish to try, just go ahead to try, no need to bother what others are thinking. I had tried wearing coloured contacts long ago but it was not very comfortable so I did not continue, but i was glad that I had tried before. Live life to the fullest! Ok?
ya, so ultimately hubbies still care how their other half looks! It really doesn't matter how old/what stage in life we are, we look good, we feel good too! And the perks is, to keep hubby "still interested" in us, why not?

I guess my male colleague who think it doesn't matter anymore after getting married is probably not thinking straight really.

I want to be a pretty mom in future too!!! i would try my best to wear tasteful maternity clothes, not those that make me look like a sack of potatoes, or worse still, a abt-to-burst balloon!

ya, so ultimately hubbies still care how their other half looks! It really doesn't matter how old/what stage in life we are, we look good, we feel good too! And the perks is, to keep hubby "still interested" in us, why not?

I guess my male colleague who think it doesn't matter anymore after getting married is probably not thinking straight really.

I want to be a pretty mom in future too!!! i would try my best to wear tasteful maternity clothes, not those that make me look like a sack of potatoes, or worse still, a abt-to-burst balloon!
Yes..I think yr male colleague is of a different "generation" as us. Hehe..From what I kw, most guys or husbands would want their wives to look nice! They would feel proud to go out with a nicely dressed up wife. Well, I did observe some pregnant mummies shopped around in shopping mall wearing a tight t shirt showing their big tummy n was abt to burst... it doesn't look nice at all. And they couldn't be bothered abt others weird staring. I think just a simple baby doll blouse with just a casual pants will be as nice, doesn't need to be maternity clothes coz I realized some maternity clothes can be quite "aunty look"..

I feel by dressing young and look young is the key to keep hubby "interested" in us. As females will age faster than males, so "anti aging" job must be done properly on top of dolling ourselves up. Most importantly is if yr looks don't reveal yr actual age and u look much younger, then you hv succeeded!

Last edited:

dwarfs8

Yes..I think yr male colleague is of a different "generation" as us. Hehe..From what I kw, most guys or husbands would want their wives to look nice! They would feel proud to go out with a nicely dressed up wife. Well, I did observe some pregnant mummies shopped around in shopping mall wearing a tight t shirt showing their big tummy n was abt to burst... it doesn't look nice at all. And they couldn't be bothered abt others weird staring. I think just a simple baby doll blouse with just a casual pants will be as nice, doesn't need to be maternity clothes coz I realized some maternity clothes can be quite "aunty look"..

I feel by dressing young and look young is the key to keep hubby "interested" in us. As females will age faster than males, so "anti aging" job must be done properly on top of dolling ourselves up. Most importantly is if yr looks don't reveal yr actual age and u look much younger, then you hv suceeded!
actually u r right abt maternity clothes, what i have in mind is not that, it's long spaghetti dress. hehe... i thank God, cos i'm 31 now, but people never believed that, they thought i'm only 26! :D

actually u r right abt maternity clothes, what i have in mind is not that, it's long spaghetti dress. hehe... i thank God, cos i'm 31 now, but people never believed that, they thought i'm only 26! :D
Its gd to look young, esp if u are petite. Petite fig can "hide" age. But being pregnant will make us look "old",coz fig n looks will definitely chg. That is why I scared to be pregnant...

dwarfs8

Its gd to look young, esp if u are petite. Petite fig can "hide" age. But being pregnant will make us look "old",coz fig n looks will definitely chg. That is why I scared to be pregnant...
yep... i kept thinking how fat will i be after being pregnant, cos i'm actually skinny now... wonder if my face will change too

yep... i kept thinking how fat will i be after being pregnant, cos i'm actually skinny now... wonder if my face will change too
Well more or less there will be some changes. My wt is below 40kg, Dr always say Im "seriously underwt" base on my BMI. But i am just concern sometimes during pregnancy, face may swollen n it would be difficult to lose the "fat" in this area..hehe.. being petite is gd in a way coz sometimes people thought that we are not married and keep calling "Xiao Mei".

babymoo

its impt cos its a way of respecting urself n ur partner.....it looks gd to have a nice partner to bring out so make sure urself looks gd first....=)
so i will still maintain and in fact a lot of ppl commented i don look married and tot im still schooling haa.....
i guess no guys would wan to bring a old haggard out. they would choose a pretty gal ^^

xiaodaisy

nope .. =) hubby say dont bother and i'm lazy too , so didnt bother ..

but maybe wen i get older , might start worrying lol

cn211279

I don't have a habit to make-up. So generally no make-up for me. But still do the basic skincare regime cos don't want to look old too. :)
As for dressing up, I guess depends on my mood. When I'm feeling down and tired will tend to dress down. When I'm feeling good, will want to dress up too. Lucky my husband is happy with me eitherways. :)

Amulet

yeah.. it makes me feels good about myself.. and it's really nice when people compliments u and seems surprised wen they learn that u are actually a mother already!

mommysnake

Oh yes!!.I still want to look good as ever, I still use make-up, beauty products, style up my hair and buy sexy outfits,lol..I like to be well-groomed all the time and I want to feel good about my appearance.I lost a lot of weight after childbirth and confinement.They say women aged faster than men so we have to take good care of our looks at any age and I want my hubby to come home everyday to greet a pretty wife..lol,:001_302:

My sister and frds told me that I look even prettier and sexier after I became a mommy and I've always wanted to be one hot sexy mama!..whahahaaa..:001_302:

dwarfs8

Oh yes!!.I still want to look good as ever, I still use make-up, beauty products, style up my hair and buy sexy outfits,lol..I like to be well-groomed all the time and I want to feel good about my appearance.I lost a lot of weight after childbirth and confinement.They say women aged faster than men so we have to take good care of our looks at any age and I want my hubby to come home everyday to greet a pretty wife..lol,:001_302:

My sister and frds told me that I look even prettier and sexier after I became a mommy and I've always wanted to be one hot sexy mama!..whahahaaa..:001_302:
yes, that's the kind of attitude i want for myself! Seriously, i dress up to look good myself and for compliments too! :)

Gem2505

i guess, my hubby is the one that is not "dressing up" instead.. he always wear a t shirt and knee length pants. so, usually, im "overly-dressed up" when compared to him.
i think its very important that we married woman/mums should keep up our image and figure(if possible), so that our hubby still find us "fresh" compared to the "wild flowers" outside.
many men started finding "fresher flowers" when their wife starts to become "yellow face woman" and became unattractive.
i have a going to 10mths old bb, but people think im still schooling. im short, but i dont think im v small in size, standing at 158cm, im now 58kg! used to be 50kg max before preg. n i somehow cant get the kgs out from my body. didnt really have the time to exercise coz day time work, aft knock off, its all baby's time. -_-" if running after my girl is exercise, i would have shed those kgs away.
other than just body, face is impt. i dont wear contact lens or thick make ups. just foundation and blusher everyday. god blessed me with nice skin, so i dont really need to "maintain" my face. glad.

but dressing up each time im out of my house door, is a MUST.

dwarfs8

i guess, my hubby is the one that is not "dressing up" instead.. he always wear a t shirt and knee length pants. so, usually, im "overly-dressed up" when compared to him.
i think its very important that we married woman/mums should keep up our image and figure(if possible), so that our hubby still find us "fresh" compared to the "wild flowers" outside.
many men started finding "fresher flowers" when their wife starts to become "yellow face woman" and became unattractive.
i have a going to 10mths old bb, but people think im still schooling. im short, but i dont think im v small in size, standing at 158cm, im now 58kg! used to be 50kg max before preg. n i somehow cant get the kgs out from my body. didnt really have the time to exercise coz day time work, aft knock off, its all baby's time. -_-" if running after my girl is exercise, i would have shed those kgs away.
other than just body, face is impt. i dont wear contact lens or thick make ups. just foundation and blusher everyday. god blessed me with nice skin, so i dont really need to "maintain" my face. glad.

but dressing up each time im out of my house door, is a MUST.
yes, my hubby sometimes will complained about my hair being frizzy, but he didn't look at himself! he's handsome by the standards of my frens, God give him good looks BUT he didn't bother to take care of his face! So many pimples and scars. So now my turn to complain about him! haha

ya, i do feel it's IMPORTANT to stay desirable..

Gem2505

yes, my hubby sometimes will complained about my hair being frizzy, but he didn't look at himself! he's handsome by the standards of my frens, God give him good looks BUT he didn't bother to take care of his face! So many pimples and scars. So now my turn to complain about him! haha

ya, i do feel it's IMPORTANT to stay desirable..
haha.. ya.. not only the mums/women need to dress up. the MEN need to do so too! image brings out the first impression. so now, whenever he anyhow dress up, i will nag and make sure he change his clothing b4 going out with Me. hahah!