Does all babies need a paeditrician?

narak

I am giving birth in 9 weeks and I really wonder if I will be needing a PD. I am not sure if I can afford to have one either. If it is necessary, of course I will sell an arm and a leg to get her one. :err:

What you gals think? Just a normal GP enough?

EnFlor

U can send bb to see normal GP, some parents i know even send their bb to polyclinics.

But u have to take extra precaution at such clinics coz adults with god-knows-what viruses also come to see the GPs. So that is one if the downsides of it. Afraid if bb gets infected eg by flu bug, coughing, etc... What about PD at hospitals like KKH ? Could it be slightly cheaper than the pte ones ? They do have immunisation packages. But the waiting there...u have to be one patient mama.

If u seriously want, maybe u can check the non-peak hours at GP clinics and i think some polyclinics have the policy of allowing bb first when comes to check-ups

Wah!....i'm now Worth Lady......yippeeeeee

Pink daisy

actually polyclinics package of immunization almost the same with a PD leh
just cheaper on consultation of coz, but special ones like pneumococal only avail at PD (or GP oso?) if it's only immunization i think poly will suffice, unless bb is sick
Other alternative is ask KK ask a nurse fr general convenience advice ( call charged @ 80 cents p.m)