Does your child eat enough in childcare centre?

MommyDee

Hi folks

I just recently put my 28 month-old in half-day childcare. Looking at the lunch served, it does seem a little light in terms of meat and veg (mainly carbo) compared to what I would serve at home, and the serving bowls are smaller as well. Of course, they can ask for second helping but given that most kids eat and scoot off to do their things within a relatively short lunch period, so seldom do they ask for much more.
I am certain the menu is certified with HPB etc, but it's the amount of quality ingredients that go into actual food preparation that I am concerned about.

The kids on full day childcare programme gets a snack after their afternoon nap.
However, for my son, after he gets home, he naps in the mid afternoon through evening, which is dinnertime and so there is no chance of squeezing in a snack in the late afternoon.
As such, I am now supplementing my son with a small portion of lunch when he gets home, even after he has had lunch in school.
I'm not sure if that is right - and so would like to know if anyone has similar experience with your kids and do you feed them again when they get home from half-day childcare? Thanks!

Last edited:

MommyDee

Hi folks

I just recently put my 28 month-old in half-day childcare. Looking at the lunch served, it does seem a little light in terms of meat and veg (mainly carbo) compared to what I would serve at home, and the serving bowls are smaller as well. Of course, they can ask for second helping but given that most kids eat and scoot off to do their things within a relatively short lunch period, so seldom do they ask for much more.
I am certain the menu is certified with HPB etc, but it's the amount of quality ingredients that go into actual food preparation that I am concerned about.

The kids on full day childcare programme gets a snack after their afternoon nap.
However, for my son, after he gets home, he naps in the mid afternoon through evening, which is dinnertime and so there is no chance of squeezing in a snack in the late afternoon.
As such, I am now supplementing my son with a small portion of lunch when he gets home, even after he has had lunch in school.
I'm not sure if that is right - and so would like to know if anyone has similar experience with your kids and do you feed them again when they get home from half-day childcare? Thanks!

Last edited: