Does your hubby let U take control on his finance & how far he letting U Control ?

angelababi

Re: Does your hubby let U take control on his finance & how far he letting U Control

haha my dear also will ownself self declare his pay, he always call me and tell me he balance how much for work, he spend on what.. then will ask me count how much he spend.. blahblah.. to make sure he doesn't drop his $$ ! hahaha. i don't really force him to give me how much how much.. cos he's the only one working ma.. so sometimes he wan to buy thing make his car nice nice, buy slipper or shoes for himself.. i will allow lor.. he ask can a not.. although very ex.. i also say can.. becos his hard earn $ leh.. hahaha
lolxx ya agreed i find that guy doing this way at least i feel more 'an xin ' too .. haha .. my guy also like to buy things for car .. but he will let me know first befor getting scare im unhappy tot he anyhow waste $$ but he also will buy somethin i like to put inside our car lolxx i find that as long as spending on right place usually i give him my green light too :D :D he pamper me i also want to pamper him ma lolxxx

JJJ

Re: Does your hubby let U take control on his finance & how far he letting U Control

He just keep a certain sum for his daily expenses, food and transport. The rest he will tt to my account. If he need extra $, he will let me know and I will tt to him if the reason is valid.

Rosia cng

angel , i :red:" salute" you !! You are very brave , braver then me !! Should learn from you lolxxx :red: :red:

Dilys

angel , i :red:" salute" you !! You are very brave , braver then me !! Should learn from you lolxxx :red: :red:
Rosia,

Ai yo why so "xinku" just ask your hubby to self declare every mth with the statement & receipts ! haha wait for him to sleep /or not around then peep... too troublesome... Men r not stupid also.. sometimes the more wife want to peep .. he will just place the some statement (FOR SHOW) nicely there for u waiting for u to see.

If they never self delcare.. ask from them impromptly... haha ... then they can't run away... cos' so sudden.

Rosia cng

Rosia,

Ai yo why so "xinku" just ask your hubby to self declare every mth with the statement & receipts ! haha wait for him to sleep /or not around then peep... too troublesome... Men r not stupid also.. sometimes the more wife want to peep .. he will just place the some statement (FOR SHOW) nicely there for u waiting for u to see.

If they never self delcare.. ask from them impromptly... haha ... then they can't run away... cos' so sudden.
lolx no lah dily : angel pm box full .. i ask her someting not this topic hahaha .. my hubby did let me keep his $$ too .. upper thread got mine lolxx

angelababi

Rosia,

hahaha depends... for me i dont find troublesome .. im the curious type .. the more hide the more i dig haha lolxxx .. but i usually dont have this problem cause he let me in charge of $$ wahaha and statement always i keep one .. :p Oo plus i no need to ask he auto report one :D

Gem2505

im like such a loser in this case. althou he let me know his ATM pin, I know how much he has in the bank, but i also cant track his $.
he pay for his bills, i pay for my own. even baby stuffs, also I pay. go out for meals, buy household stuffs, mostly also I pay.
he say every month de $, come in, go out, he didnt even get to save. but i think last time, he got a join acct with his mum. used to have quite a sum of $, but all spent on wedding and our house. he claim that he no $. i also dont really care. as long as, he dont ask me pay things for him, he manage his $ on his own, den not my problem.
but i just dun understand, why last time, when we both earn so little, we also can live well. now earn more, like still the same. dont really get to save. only bonus time den will save it up. monthly salary and expenses like same same. ha..

think our expenditure VERY high. his car, petrol, our bills.. i think we get to ENJOY too much on our life. we go on travel about twice a year? last year went hokkaido and bkk. this year went Bkk.. Jan nx yr going Korea and Bkk.
oh yes, and he buy LV for me lar. thats why his $ goes. OOps~ =X

summertime

haha my hubby tk control of all finance... I also dunno how much he has in his bank acc he also dun ask mine as he feel it privacy... but if i need more $$ he will give.. as for day to day stuff he will do the payment.. when gorcery we will do it together so he will be paying... good thing is he accompany me every wkend, bad is no allowance = no si fang $$$... ;p

As for my earning i will control myself... no choice.. he is accountant so better in all this... Im the one has to declare how much i spent.. he so worry i overspend.. haizz...

Gem2505

haha my hubby tk control of all finance... I also dunno how much he has in his bank acc he also dun ask mine as he feel it privacy... but if i need more $$ he will give.. as for day to day stuff he will do the payment.. when gorcery we will do it together so he will be paying... good thing is he accompany me every wkend, bad is no allowance = no si fang $$$... ;p

As for my earning i will control myself... no choice.. he is accountant so better in all this... Im the one has to declare how much i spent.. he so worry i overspend.. haizz...
oh yes, im the one spending more. so i felt, his $ give me, sure not safe. he is better in controlling $. haha!
i can spend $4k without thinking. so i think, quite bad lar. haha.

angelababi

haha as long as one party is more accountant in $$ you know got save thats the more important !

Last edited:

noelsmum

I don't control my husband's money. I don't believe in controlling him in any ways. He pays for the apartment, bills, the helper and whatever that he feels like paying for. I pay for grocery and son's classes. We have never calculated who pay more or less. In a way even though we have separate accounts our money is still our money. I don't care how much he has in his bank account. But I have to mention this. In our early years of marriage, my husband used to pay for everything in the apartment. And I mean everything. I never had to fork out anything. I was even given an allowance. I was also working but in those few years, I managed to chalked up tens of thousands of credit card debts from endless shopping. Had a good lecture from husband. He helped me to clean up my mess but I also had to be accountable for my mistakes. Took us a while to clear up my mess. So now, I'm a lot more conscious of my spending habits.

I also keep shopping.. Used to be money put in my acct, but when I got money I keep shopping endlessly.. See what baby stuffs also buy.. Somemore I quit my job not long after marriage, then pregnant.. Totally no work no income!! All hubby money!! But thankfully ever since money in his acct I take spare card I never shop that much le.. But still always spend my allowance away!! :( save up si fang Qian end up use to pay credit card bills monthly cos exceed hubby give de shopping money! Lol women as usual.. Shopping is our 克星!!

angelababi

I also keep shopping.. Used to be money put in my acct, but when I got money I keep shopping endlessly.. See what baby stuffs also buy.. Somemore I quit my job not long after marriage, then pregnant.. Totally no work no income!! All hubby money!! But thankfully ever since money in his acct I take spare card I never shop that much le.. But still always spend my allowance away!! :( save up si fang Qian end up use to pay credit card bills monthly cos exceed hubby give de shopping money! Lol women as usual.. Shopping is our 克星!!
lolx indeed shopping is our 克星 haha ! Come to think i also buy alot of heels and clothes lolx one of my room is use to keep those stuffs too and now going to had no place to add anym :( hahaha

shoppee

I cant touch anything regarding his pocket.. I wonder how is it life of stay at home mum... anyone care to share? I almost gone depressed since have a baby, mooing at work (pump milk), come back home in a mess & tired, OT, husband not supportive, he pay for most of the bill at home but never give any kind of allowance maybe because we both working. Now I am thinking to quit job but super worry no $$ and dont think husband will give enough.. people said couple may quarrel more because of financial issues.. so envy you all with a good hubby :(

Dilys

I cant touch anything regarding his pocket.. I wonder how is it life of stay at home mum... anyone care to share? I almost gone depressed since have a baby, mooing at work (pump milk), come back home in a mess & tired, OT, husband not supportive, he pay for most of the bill at home but never give any kind of allowance maybe because we both working. Now I am thinking to quit job but super worry no $$ and dont think husband will give enough.. people said couple may quarrel more because of financial issues.. so envy you all with a good hubby :(
Hi Shoppee,

you r his wife,why can't you touch anything regards his pocket?? Care to share why is your hubby not supportive? Hmm dont't think so much yet ... have you discuss with your hubby what if you quit your job? If you are really stay home mum, I am sure he will give your monthly allowance. :) Both parties must have mutal understanding .

As for me ... I dont't know what is the feeling of a stay home mum yet cos' I am waiting for my baby to come out. But I have resign my job half a year ago to relax & make baby. haha .. Can also consider a semi-stay home .. haha .. I feel it's a luxury, I still get my " MONTHLY PAYCHEQUE", shopping allowance (*this is a seperate allowance from my monthly cheque) .
My Hubby paid for everything, phone bills, grocery, my facial treatment etc.

Oh ya .. After I resign from my job. I was travelling every 2 weeks to Bangkok for hoilday to relax.. (* Special retreat from hubby .. 5 mths before I got preggie). Hubby sponsor me whatever courses I want to attend... "yoga lesson" , dance lesson, etc. So I am considered lucky.

Hey, even before I go before I got preggie( when I am still working), I still get a "MONTHLY PAYCHEQUE" for my hubby... haha .. I was surprised I was given that after we got married automatically. I laugh .. when he give me the 1st allowance....I ask him ... is that a need ?? What a reply from him is... I told a hubby should give their wife "Jia Yong". (*Household allowance) haha ... Oh .. Something I make myself very clear to him. give me this allowance ... is you think its a MUST haha dont't expect me to do any housework or anything if expect me to take care of the house like a maid .

So far ... very comfortable & happy as a Stay Home!

dont't envy .. every hubby is different... If he never give you then ask from him !

summertime

shopee : maybe shld discuss bout it? sometimes it we assume, if u talk to him maybe different from what you think..

noelsmum

Maybe he assumes that you have enough money and since you don't ask, he thinks you don't need money? I find that men can be quite dense at times. In the beginning, I had to remind my husband to help out with my son. I ended up giving him small roles like feeding the baby or changing the diapers to get him more involved. And once he got the hang of it, he helps out automatically.

angelababi

hi shoppee , ya same as dily why you cant touch anything regarding his pocket ?? Is it he feel it privacy ?? Hmm all hubby are different .I also feel that you should have a good talk about it wif him and both have some mutal understanding .. for house hold i find that some guy need to remind to help too , once they use to it they will do it automatic.. and for the money i feel that you should ask for it .. if not he think you dont need any .. hmm ...i dont know hows like a stay home mum haha cause im still on my way in making one, but i think you may find it easiler to do most of the things as time is you mange urself.. i should consider half stay at home too now at home help take care of my niece .. i had resign fro work 6mths ago as my hubby want me to rest and relax well to make a Baby T.T . Although i had my own $$ , but he also did give me monthly allowance and shopping allowance :D .. hmm for me as i feel indeed have more time for myself .. as its my own time i can do whatever i want and for me i feel more less stressful haha My hubby paid everything too bills , grocery and our maid etc ... To me i feel very happy now :D and very enjoy on my stay at home although i feel bored sometime but still ok ..all the way to get concieve ! You try to relax more and dont think too much on your own , tell your hubby how u feel .. eventualy problem will be solve . :)
*Hugs *HUgs

Last edited:

Gem2505

last night, i was telling my hubby about a friend's hubby having mistress outside etc.. den i slowly divert the story into this $ thing. i told him, my mum once said, once u can control the man's finance, u can control this man for the rest of ur life. so far, still true. she taught this to my cousin, so far, it works still. well, different people have their way of doing things. so, if it works on u, then gd. if not, otherwise.

then, i told him, from the start, i didnt take control of his money, coz he didnt want me to handle.. ( i linked this with my friend's story ).
think he will have a GOOD time thinking about this matter.
he suggset that, all our $, every month, when company credit into the bank, we put it into a join account ( which we do not have any now ) and pay our bills, etc with it.
the thing is that, althou i spend alot, every month end, i will still have left overs. but his, difficult to have left overs coz his car loan take up quite a fair bit of this salary.
so, i really dunno what to do...