Does your hubby let U take control on his finance & how far he letting U Control ?

tealeaf

Re: Does your hubby let U take control on his finance & how far he letting U Control

My husband lets me handles our family financial. We don't have joint account because we think it's unnecessary. Few times in a month I have to check my and his online banking (savings account, cc statement, etc). I have to remember many passwords and login accounts. I told him my login accounts and passwords but he would forget it. He says I do much better job than him.

When I was working, we paid the bills together. No matter who spend which credit card more. Normally, I am the one who go to pay for credit card bills using my and his accounts (max payment only 2k per account so needs 2 accounts some time if he's on biz trip and had to pay first and claim). We're both fine with this arrangement because he does not want to be trouble with all the numbers and I like dealing with numbers and household expenses :001_302:

Now I am not working. Not yet mum and going to be. I decided to resign from my job half a year ago to relax and join my husband for biz trip. His biz trip could last for 2 months. When I was working, we could not conceive, perhaps because I was stressed at work. But we did not mind because we did not want to have baby last year. This year, we're more or less ready (albeit less income) to have baby and voila, I am pregnant.
So my hubby is paying for all expenses now: monthly house installment, cc bills, phone bills, groceries, etc. He does not mind at all. My parents are the one complaining that I give up my job. Well, the complaint went into right ear and came out from right ear again.
Fortunately, both of us are not spendthrift. My husband does not smoke, drink, or gamble. His leisure is playing games at home. He seldom buy clothes. When I want to buy for him, he says that it's not necessary, he still has lots of clothes. So if he wants to buy something, that means he really likes the thing. Normally I will encourage him to buy since he seldom buys anything for himself (he bought DSLR camera 2 years ago)!
I also seldom shop only before CNY period or sometimes if I go shopping with my girl friends or sisters. If I go shopping alone, chances are I will not shop.
My splurge is mostly on skin care, facial treatment, or household items :shyxxx:It's normally 2-4 times a year.