Does yr baby drool when teething?

pkshl

my son can drool so much until his shirt is wet with his saliva. i put bib around his neck but from the day he knows how to remove it, he will remove & refuse to wear. Endup his neck area has rashes due to his saliva..sign..what can i do?

cui_er

I not sure also leh. Think teething can cause drooling. But probably some babies just drool a lot even when not teething?

Cos at first i also thought my daughter teething cos her drool is so much that she can wet her clothes, our clothes & even leave small puddles on her playmat!! But she started drooling around 2mths plus and now already 4.5mths and still no sign of a tooth...

Phoebii Cheng

I think there is nothing you can do, but to clean your bb up each time they drool with cool boiled water. When my son was teething, he also tends to drool a lot a lot, but as he gets older, the drool is lesser, but the hands still tend to go in the mouth, like recently, the molar coming out, he likes to put fingers in the mouth or toys etc...so hv to clean his hands often

There is a type of bib though, like clothes, think you can buy it from Ikea, your bb won't be able to remove this one, cos' if I am not wrong the opening/velcro is at the back

ben10

Alpha Male
I bought the bib from mothercare... white soft cotton, looks comfy. Opening is at the back using velcro so not so easy for naughty ben to remove. He drools a lot when he was 4 months.. now at 7 months still drool but lesser liao.
Springing out his first front teeth.:Dancing_wub:

apollo

yes! when ash is teething, his saliva is FREE FLOW one!!! last time will wet the whole bib. now cannot wear bib liaoo cos he will pull it away lik what keith does.. so i just let him wet his clothes.. haha! :tlaugh:

cinx

mine too, he's like a saliva factory nowadays ... keep drooling. i used the Baby Protective Facial Cream from SEBAMED, it help to reduce and prevent the rashes

kenxf_03

DS also drool like nobody biz lately.. Maybe teething soon though he've got total of 10 teeth already. His molar not erupting yet.. On and off will clean away his saliva loh.

DaddyMummy

my son can drool so much until his shirt is wet with his saliva. i put bib around his neck but from the day he knows how to remove it, he will remove & refuse to wear. Endup his neck area has rashes due to his saliva..sign..what can i do?

My son too. Look like his water tap spoiled! Cannot close.