Dr Gordon Tan from Gleneagles

budgetmoms

Like what mummyto2 said, he's ok if there's no complication. He's not so detailed. Planning to change gynae for my second one.

mummyto2

Like what mummyto2 said, he's ok if there's no complication. He's not so detailed. Planning to change gynae for my second one.

Budgetmoms,

Yes, i think he got too many patients... I prefer my second baby gynae. He is so much better. More detail. Actually, I have some bad experience with Dr Gordon cause i got some complication. =( Definitely won't recommend him.

Hannah

Erm, so only go to him when we have complications or not ?

He was my gynae for my second birth cos at that time he supported me with VBAC. And i really managed :Dancing_tongue: But during the routine check-ups, i find that it's too brief. But didn't bother much since he's willing to let me try.

I told him i have heavy menses recently. He made me go for the dun know what check which costs me a bomb. He said he wanted to be more detailed so the test was nec. I declined it coz i found it too costly. Then he gave me a discount, saying a good bargain. But still many hundreds of dollars.

He said he saw a white speck on my womb and he wants to make sure it's alright. But one of his nurses told me dun need to. She told me from her experience, it's due to my menses is coming.

I still went for the test which requires GA cos Dr Tan kept insisting to be safe then sorry. He wants to take out tissues from inside to send for tests.

In the end, it's normal, and my menses did come shortly after that.

I'm now ttc again, so dun know if i should go back to him again. I'm quite keen to try out Dr Paul Tsen as what many of u hv mentioned in this forum.

mummyto2

Erm, so only go to him when we have complications or not ?

He was my gynae for my second birth cos at that time he supported me with VBAC. And i really managed :Dancing_tongue: But during the routine check-ups, i find that it's too brief. But didn't bother much since he's willing to let me try.

I told him i have heavy menses recently. He made me go for the dun know what check which costs me a bomb. He said he wanted to be more detailed so the test was nec. I declined it coz i found it too costly. Then he gave me a discount, saying a good bargain. But still many hundreds of dollars.

He said he saw a white speck on my womb and he wants to make sure it's alright. But one of his nurses told me dun need to. She told me from her experience, it's due to my menses is coming.

I still went for the test which requires GA cos Dr Tan kept insisting to be safe then sorry. He wants to take out tissues from inside to send for tests.

In the end, it's normal, and my menses did come shortly after that.

I'm now ttc again, so dun know if i should go back to him again. I'm quite keen to try out Dr Paul Tsen as what many of u hv mentioned in this forum.
No no, I dun recommend you to go back to him. I have bad experience with him. He recommended me to go for operation for my polylip ( I dun remember how to spell) and i did. And when i told my second gynea, he told me i do not have to just cut away will do. And he did the same for colleague and charge only $120. Whereby my operation cos $3000+. My second gynea consultation is more expensive but he is very professional. He is Tan Han Yang. If u are keen. Package price is the same as Gordon. Don't go back to Gordon.

yapyy

hi all, i had 3 kids under gordon tan. he is very professional and spent time explaining what i did not know but u are right cos he is so-o-o-o busy with many patients you sometimes need to ask him specific questions. maybe quite fair cos he cannot explain everything to everyone liao! his charges are fair n- not cheappy cheap but no too ex but many of my friends use him and find him very careful.

maybe thats why for the polyp he advise the safest way to remove disease. i find him very kiasu and always want to make sure no cancer or pre cancer which is what i like cos prevention always better thasn cure.

but what i really like is he give his hp no. to everyone and he answer or return sms to all my silly questions!! very very happy with this gynae

yvonne

cherrygals_819

Hi all, i also find Dr Tan is good.. is my first pregnancy.. i agree w/ yapyy.. Dr Tan very kiasu.. and he answer phone n sms even in middle of de nite :)

diymummy

Hi smokeyeyes, generally, just tell them how long you've been trying for a baby and then let the gynae do a scan for you.

They will usually start to ask is your menses regular, do your drink or smoke, how's your diet, do you exercise, are you working and does it make you stress, do you have any other medical condition.... Stuff like that...

Hi diymummy

you are so right.. he asked everything you mentioned herewith! :red:

My first experience with him was good. I do feel comfortable with him except I had to wait too long (1hour) as they wanted me to go in with a full bladder.., if I had known I wouldn't have pee before I leave home. lol.

He did an ultrasound and vaginal scan for me. No bad news so should be good news. He also examined my hubby and we also brought along his SA report.

I am going in again next week so he could be sure I ovulated though he mentioned my bbt curves are looking good.

I wouldn't say the consultation was brief but because I read about all these stuff so didn't need much explanation BUT he still try to explain in simple terms to us; which we appreciated. :001_302:

ANd agreed with the rest, he gave his book and also his hp number and assure us that we could call him anytime or drop him sms. This is an assuring gesture. :)

Last edited:

dudidah

Dear Mums...

I went to Dr Gordon for both my kids and I'm expecting the 3rd one now. Will definitely come back to him. Maybe I'm used with his style by now.

Yes I agree he's very brief brief one but if there is something not really up to his satisfaction, he will go to extra mile to have a detailed check on his patients.

I have recommended a lot of friends to him, be it a normal or complications, he handle it quite well. :red:

So in short my experience with him is great and the amount he charge is also reasonable.

my boy also delivered by him. he is brief brief but he also will answer every single question you ask in detailed and not just anyhow answer lo.
super love love him. i remembered during my stay in hospital, 2nd day he came check morning and noon, didnt see him around during evening. found out from the nurse he had an operation. who knows late night i forgot what time but it was the kind of timing where people should be sleeping already la, he came in check on me before he go off. super super sweet of him lo.
his smiles are always so comforting. :001_302:

yapyy

hi i have used 3 other gynaes before but still think gordon tan is the best. he is very experienced and always supercareful prefering to act before problem gets worse. only problem is that because he is so good you usually have to wait to see him and sometimes he is brief even with me but i think that is not because he is careless but because with his experience he is very fast. he also has this great 4d scan which makes v good 3d photos. also, he does not charge as much as my other gynaes. i suppose mayb he does not need the money . but one thing i not quite happy is that hard to speak to him on the phone cos he always with patients but then he always return my call. bo pian la i suppose

i have referred all my relatives and frens to him and they are all v happy with his professioalism. he is also v good at surgery. although he likes everything natural sometimes my fren need c section. even then next day they can walk and they go home in 3 days. he does not usually do vagina cut for birth but even if so my relative all feel no pain. also, he is v caring and responsible. i am v happy with him

Last edited:

cak2103

I am very disappointed with the way that Dr. Gordon Tan attended my wife. She went there recommended by a family friend in order to seek for a routine check-up. Dr. Tan offered my wife a package of several tests and procedures for around SGD 1,500. As my wife requested for a more basic package, Dr. Tan offered a cheaper one that included a pap smear.

Dr. Gordon Tan conducted a pap smear last Friday (Nov 18, 2011) in a harsh way that caused pain to my wife. It's been 4 days since and she is still complaining with pain derived from the test. Is this normal? She is very scared of having a pap smear in the future due to this bad experience. Doctors should be more careful with all their patients. I am afraid we are going to look for another obgym.

verieying

sometimes I think it depends on luck or whether the doc is good for u...

I went to him on recommendation but I changed gynae after he delivered my first kid.
but I know of people who goes back to him and vice versa?

but at least he's queue of 1 hour is not that bad. my current one is good but be prepared to queue for 3 hours or more at times! but I go back to him every time. ;)

I had my first pap smear done by him, after giving birth til date had also done another two times, no issue at all leh..
During then when i was pregnant, i took up a 'budget' package which cost only $500 or sth ard there, no issue with his treatment also.. He was very professional n had great judgement which save me more $$ n time..