Dr Han How Chuan from KKh

chloegal

Think if you have any emergency, you can call their 24hrs main line. Below is the ans i got from Dr Han through email asking him about the no.to call to locate him in terms of emergency. His ans is as follow: It is very simple. just call kkh operator 62934044 and ask the operator to msg the dr for the dr to call you back. We will not answer call when seeing patient, doing operation or delivery.we will usually call back the patient in between cases or after the clinics. Hope the below information help. To add on, the Tel number is 24hrs operational.

MsKoh1973

I have no doubts about Dr Han's professional skills in delivering baby. In 2005, I was induced 4-5 times after I overdue, but my bb just refuse to come out, the last time, he broke my water bag, but no use. He came to visit me before he went home (think he was about to go home cos it was quite late and he was not in doc suit), on his way out, he suddenly came back and told me my bb heartbeat slowing down, seems to have some problem, so he told me that I have to go for C-section immediately.

Later than realised that the cord was around my gal's neck few rounds, she is in distress, nearly loss her.

That's why I have always been very grateful to Dr Han for saving my gal's life and I went back to him for my second ones. In between I have also recommended few frens n colleagues to go to him.

To some, miscarriage or abortion may not be the end of the world, I know one day I will also eventually get over it, but my wound is still fresh, after all, I have loss a bb, how can I not be sad. Some may say that I am emotional, cos its really true that many things that happen in our life is fated.

Some may not believe it, after the abortion, I seek fortune to qiu qiang about pregnancy, it says that I will have abortion. Athough its fated, but at this moment its still quite hard for me to completely accept it.

That's why I don't really blame Dr Han for his comments, whatever he say may be quite true, just that its abit hard for me to swallow. Emotionally I can't accept it, that's why I am considering changing doc.

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Ha! My DW is also seen by Dr Han.
No luck with 2nd one... but he keeps saying keep try n try... still suggest position! Sibei funny the way he describes.....
Saw him earlier last month... my DW tease him on his promotion on noticing his name tag... haha!
I bet he's a parent volunteer for his kid's sch... cool.... so many kids, so many patients, still can find time... take my hat off him.
Used to see him at the AMK KKH clinic... alot of patients... he also OT till late.... then switched to KKH PS.... he also everytime bz catching babies.
But I must say the KKH standard pretty lousy at times... pay $$ must wait... take medicine must wait... sometimes nurse forgot to put appt...etc... I always shoot feedback email to KKH when they screw up.
Dr Han also calls up my wife personally when things go wrong, apologise n re-assure. I think this is great given his hectic schedule.
Thumbs up! :)

MsKoh1973

No fate with Dr Han at the moment, just called in to switch to John Tee. If also no luck with JT, then will go TMC liao.

Last edited:

chloegal

Have just went for a Lap Myomectomy on 08 july to get my 5cm fibroids out. A/Prof Han was very assuring and encouraging throughout and also creating a relaxing atmosphere in the OT room with his funny jokes, sweeping all my nervous away. He even takes the trouble to change my OT from day surgery to a better equipped OT room when he find out that there is vacancy when in the process of preparing me for ops. He keep apologising to me for the inconvience cause but assure me that it is for my good as that OT has better equipment and is safer for me. He even takes the trouble to come back on sunday to see me before my discharge. Am glade that he is still the caring and funny gynae that i have known 7 years ago. Feel really comfortable and confidence under his care

chloegal

Hi, my last delivery was in 2008 and i paid around $1000 plus for a B1 class stay delivery. I think is the premium plan but as my stay was only a day, i was given a refund. You can it out at their web page : www.kkh.com.sg for more infor.

chrio

In 12weeks my CL was already 2.5cm, my doc suggest to do cerclage to prevent preterm labor and i miscarriage twice i have 2 beautiful angels in heaven really love them so much, when the doctor told me he will do cerclage really gives me hope and i cant wait to have cerclage in me. After the cerclage my CL became 2.4-2.5cm so my doc put me on strictly bedrest, now im on my 18weeks+2days, i am praying to Almighty God that*
I will carry my baby into full term and always safe, i would like to ask to all who had placed cerclage alone, without taking any 17P shots, cyclogest etc. bec i am asking this medicine to my doctor but he said i already had a cerclage will keep my baby safe so he said i no need that, is there any out there same situation as mine not taking 17pshots or anything, and become a successful pregnancy with cerclage. Hope to here all of you guys soons . Thank you and God bless us allPost a comment

chloegal

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply. I was only given some medication to prevent contraction for the first few weeks and when I show some sign of labour at around 34 weeks I was given steroid jab to strengthen baby lungs.

chrio

Hi Mummy Chloegal,

I am so happy for your reply, bec. After the cerclage dr.han gave me only antibiotics after that never give me any medicine bec he said i already had a cerclage that can hold and firmly close my cervix, dr.han is also your dr. right? thats why i want to here from you every single moment of your pregnancy with cerclage. That time do u still remember your cervical lenght? Kindly share with me bec. U are one of the successful cerclage pregnancy w/dr.han, so much appreciated to here about your pregnancy bec.currently my baby turning 6months, are you on bedrest during that time. .
? Thank u very much for your reply . . .:)

chloegal

Hi chrio,
I am not the only successful cerclage pregnancy with dr Han. My twin sister also have two successful cerclage with him. I was not on bed rest after an early cerclage put in at 12 wks, I went back to work after 3 wks of mcs and was given antibiotic every mth to prevent infections. But for my first pregnancy as I was already 4 cm dilated when the cerclage was placed, I was on strictely bed rest. It was really difficult time to endure but it was all worthwhile. We must never be complacent and must really have the disclipline to stay strictely in bed. I am sorry that I can't remember my cervical length but if I am sure you will be able to carry your bb till full term. I have heard many successful stories with cerclage just careful not to catch any infections and if u have any worries or concern, u can just email dr Han. He is quit prompt in replying email if he is in town. Take care.

chrio

Hi mummy chloegal,

Thank u again for ur prompt reply, kindly give me some advice how u endure ur pregnancy w/cerclage, bec. from ur advice definitely i will follow, im on bedrest for 6 months since i found out that i am pregnant im only sitting down when eating, go washroom, take a bath every other day, the rest i just lay on my bed, indeed, difficult but for my baby to be safe i am willing to stay on my bed another 3more months, take care and happy new year. . .

chloegal

Think is all depend on our determination but there is time that we will really feel depressed and wanting to give up. Dr Han advise me to talk to my bb to keep my spirit up, he told me that bb will be able to feel the mummy's mood. We should try to divert our attention on others matter to pass times. Etc looking for bb 's name or how to decorate bb's room. You are lucky to bed rest at home for me I have to bed rest at hospital with no Internet or tv to pass times. Days pass like years but when u think of holding bb in your arm, it will push u to hang on.

I also wear panty liner to look out for any abnormal discharge to spot early infections. Take care and Happy New Year...

chrio

Hi mummy Chloegal,

Happy New Year to u and your family, sorry for late reply, yes i agree with you determination is one of my motivation to hold on, i hope time will fly so very very fast, i am always praying to carry my baby into full term and have a safe delivery, when your stitch placed in 12weeks was dr.han place you in bedrest after that. . .Have you encountered diarrhea that time? What medication did you do? Thank u and take care. . .

chloegal

After the cerclage at 12 weeks, I was given 3 weeks of MCs to rest but not crib. I was given subultmol to prevent contraction and antibotics to prevent infection. The rest of the pregnancy, I was given antibotics monthly but sometimes I will ask him to prescribe me with stool softerner as I experience constipation. It is always advisable for us not to use too much strength as it might put pressure on our cervix. I did encounter diarrhea once and it happen to be on the appt day. He did a check on me and ask if i was having diarrhea. I say yes and he told me that some antibotics does cause diarrhea and he change the medication for me. Hope my answer help. Wish u and your family a very Happy New Year!!!

chrio

Hi Mummy Chloegal,
How are you? My mother-in-law and sister-in-law came down in our house to help my hubby and me as well but a month only, i am convincing them to stay 1more month to stay w/ us but they are thinking of their family too, so sad and want to cry i cant resist scared coz if my hubby working i all alone at house. :-(