Dr Irene Chua

k-mom

FYI, i just came back from my appt with dr irene chua kkh. she just informed me that she won't be around for my delivery (EDD 20 Dec) cos she would already be in gleneagles by then.

just thought i'd share this with anyone looking for gynae in kk cos she is highly recommended.

Imah

Hi!
Yes my edd is 2nov and she informed me the same during the last appt.. she is leaving in aug.
K-mom - has she appointed the new gynae for you?

Triquetra

Oh no... My EDD is on 2nd Oct, I guess I shall be affected as well :(
I really like Dr Irene Chua but I dont wish to go Gleneagles... my husband's ex aborted his child there, I don't think my husband would like to go there. Doesn't bring nice memories...

k-mom

i'll change gynae cos i really like kk and they have the best neonatal facilities in singapore.

she told me to let her know my decision at the next appt (23 june) and she will then assign a new gynae for me.

Imah

she said the same for me 2.. must we take the new gynae she assign or we can choose.. i thot of jus saying who i wan.

k-mom

i suppose you can do that. i mean, they won't be able to force you to stick with her recommendation if you're not comfortable, right? anyway, you will probably see her earlier than me so let me know who her recommended gynae is, ya? and who were you thinking of choosing?

Imah

Nope.. i tink im seeing her aft u.. i rem my appt as 24th or 27th.. let me know who she recommend.. i was thinking of Dr. GohShen Li.

Triquetra

Nope.. i tink im seeing her aft u.. i rem my appt as 24th or 27th.. let me know who she recommend.. i was thinking of Dr. GohShen Li.
Same here! Dr Goh Shen-Li delivered my daughter when Dr Irene Chua was on maternity, i felt comfortable with her and she was very attentive despite that I wasn't her direct patient :)

dinida

Hi all, i just had another appointment yesterday and Dr Irene also just informed me. She recommended me the following gynaes if I still want to stick to KK:
- Goh Shen Li
- Marianne Hendricks
- Jasmine Mohd
- Regina (cant remember full name)

Or she also say if I would like to stay with her to Gleneagles.

Im still thinking about it, coz i love KK too...and not quite sure about Gleneagles and its services. Is it more expensive? But then, I love Dr Irene Chua too...im very comfortable with her. Haiz...how to make decision...

Can anybody also comment on the names of the gynaes above if you had any experience with them?

Thanks!

Triquetra

Hi all, i just had another appointment yesterday and Dr Irene also just informed me. She recommended me the following gynaes if I still want to stick to KK:
- Goh Shen Li
- Marianne Hendricks
- Jasmine Mohd
- Regina (cant remember full name)

Or she also say if I would like to stay with her to Gleneagles.

Im still thinking about it, coz i love KK too...and not quite sure about Gleneagles and its services. Is it more expensive? But then, I love Dr Irene Chua too...im very comfortable with her. Haiz...how to make decision...

Can anybody also comment on the names of the gynaes above if you had any experience with them?

Thanks!
I also like Dr Irene Chua. She has always been very dedicated and responsive.
However I dont think I have much fate with her, she was on maternity leave during my first delivery.
I am currently expecting my second child but she is leaving KKH.

I also had great experiences during my first stay. The nurses were friendly, the lactation consultant was also very helpful.
The gynae who delivered my daughter is Dr Goh Shen-Li, she was very attentive despite that I wasn't her direct patient. I also felt comfortable with her :)

k-mom

i just saw dr irene chua yesterday and informed her that i would like to stay at kkh as hubby and i prefer our baby to have access to the best neonatal facilities if required.

she recommended dr jasmine mohd but i opted for either dr goh shen li or dr marianne hendricks based on forum reviews. in the end, it was decided that i will see dr marianne hendricks as dr goh shen li will not be available in september (understand she may be on maternity or something like that).

dr chua will still attend to me at the next appt (the detailed scan at 20 weeks), and i will start with dr hendricks at the following appt, 24 weeks (the one with the glucose tolerance test).

pipilili

Is Dr Chua leaving KKH?

The other day when I was doing pre-admission to KKH and I asked the receptionist, the recept said that Dr Irene is not leaving?!?!?!

So confusing..

Triquetra

Is Dr Chua leaving KKH?

The other day when I was doing pre-admission to KKH and I asked the receptionist, the recept said that Dr Irene is not leaving?!?!?!

So confusing..
She is confirmed leaving.
I just saw her yesterday... she said the charges at Gleneagles will be the same as Private Suite.
Delivery wise can choose among Mount Alvernia, Thomson or one more I think but don't rem what...

k-mom

Is Dr Chua leaving KKH?

So confusing..
whether or not she can deliver your baby depends on your due date. think she is leaving in august.

k-mom

She is confirmed leaving.
I just saw her yesterday... she said the charges at Gleneagles will be the same as Private Suite.
Delivery wise can choose among Mount Alvernia, Thomson or one more I think but don't rem what...
eh i was there yesterday too. my appt was at 930am. we could have seen each other, haha

Triquetra

eh i was there yesterday too. my appt was at 930am. we could have seen each other, haha
I was there since 9am for the glucose test until 11+am.
Now I need to confirm Dr Goh Shen-Li's schedule... My EDD is on 2nd Oct but I have a strong feeling that I shall give birth earlier in September.

Dearie

My edd also in oct.. Was thinking of Dr Goh if I choose to stay in Kkh.. Is it cfm she'll be having maternity leave then?