Dr James W.S. Lee

missieshyn

Hi, I had my first consultation with Dr James Lee recently and overrall I'm quite comfortable with him; A very patient and attentive doctor. Anyone seen him before? I heard he's previously doing in NUH and last year he set up a clinic located at toa Payoh central. Anyone seen him before? I would like a further advise. Thanks :)

Dragontail

I just went to visit him. I am 5 weeks preggie and I've had a vaginal scan at this TPY clinic.

I only randomly picked him from the internet (I was looking for one at TPY) this morning as the popular CH Koh's line kept engaged. The reason why I had to see a gynae today is because I'm having some cramp at lower abdomen. I've actually booked CH Koh for my 8th week.

Before I went into James Lee, I walked past CH Koh. I feel it's like a market place; seems like the people inside are looking listless (I know, I heard about the long waiting time at Dr Koh's).

Staff at Dr Lee's are friendly (unlike Koh's, so I read). As I've never seen a gynae fo pregnancy before, I can't compare how is Dr Lee "better or not" than other gynaes. He is very gentle though; and makes effort to explain to me the medical jargons when he was explaining to me my condition. He passes of as someone assuring and comforting.

I'm scheduled to see him 2 weeks later. Now I'm contemplating to stick to him or go to Dr Koh. I've to discuss with hubby on this....

In any way, some reviews from you ladies on this will be very helpful. Thanks.

Sunny Day

Hi, i recently sayw Dr. James...he is a really good gyne! Unlike those i have seen before, he spent much more time with me and was very patient. His examination was very gently and he did not waste unnecessary cost on my tests. I think his package is about 700 bucks but i heard his stitching is good and he is pro natural delivery. Will definitely stick with him as my previous experience with other gyne not as great as with him.

HappyPea

I recently delivered my baby and was seeing Dr James Lee W S since I was 5 weeks preggie. Hubby and I were very comfortable with him and we randomly walked into his clinic. He's very attentive and very patient to new parents to be like us and every session of our consultation he will spend 15-20 mins to discuss topics with us after the ultrasound scan which makes the visit very fruitful instead of waiting 2-3 hours for super popular gynae and not knowing what you are in for. Waiting time is generally reasonable even on weekends, so far each visit we just wait 10-15 mins and on super packed weekends 45 mins to an hour still manageable. Fees are very reasonable too when I compared with other friends who signed antenatal packages elsewhere. He's not pushy to ask you to buy meds or vits. I had a normal delivery at TMC and he would see me at my ward every day to check on me till I discharge and 2 more sessions at his clinic thereafter. Will definitely go to him again and recommend him to friends.

Rarity

I'm currently in my 13th week and have been seeing Dr Lee for about 2 years since hubby and I have been trying for a baby. Initially I was seeing Dr Koh in tpy but his nurses were always curt and rude and it's a very very long waiting time. As for Dr Koh himself, I dont't have much impression of him now. After several months, we decided to consult another gynae for another opinion and walked into Dr Lee's clinic.

Both hubby and myself ended up being very comfortable with Dr James Lee as we felt he is very patient and assuring and takes his time to answer our queries and explain to me my condition after each scan. Though there are times when we may end up waiting more than 15min even with an appointment, I felt it was ok to wait as I know he is not rushing any of his patients and when my turn comes, he will be doing a thorough check and scan for me.