Dr Lawrence Ang from Thomson Women's Clinic @ Sunplaza

mummypooh09

Hi Mummypooh.. my baby girl is c sect by lawrence Ang too..

However i dont understand this part

"Since it's the 1st grand daughter for both side of the family... I have no choice to do c-section and Dr Ang use forceps on my girl... I cried n cried, all my hard work for normal delivery wasted. "

hmm y 1st grand daughter need to do c-section? actually you can try to induce n wait. mine was the same.. he induce me then still cant open when i waited for 12 hours. so i choose c-sect.. reason in the end was cos my baby girl is big.. he said even if induce the 2nd time, also most probably have to c-sect..

lawrence ang did ask you two options is not that he didnt ask for your options.

to me as long as you are healthy n the baby is healthy.. whether c sect or natural is ok...

read some mummies here 1st child c sect.. 2nd one natural...

so you still have the chance to have natural delivery.. you can ask Lawrence ang if it is possible.. if not can search other gynae for your 2nd one.
What I meant is... I can't be possible choose to wait for 12-24 hours which Dr Ang also can't tell what is the outcome. He never have this kind of birth case like mine. Since it's 1st grand daughter for my parent n my in law's... so I choose c-section with general anesthetic (sleep all the way)

Dr Ang was wondering how come my blood pressure wouldn't go down yet keep on increase plus my fever also makes my body shivering. About the forceps thing, everybody keep on wondering how come c-section still need forceps.??? which leads a mark on my girl's forehead, lucky now start to fade :)

At the 2nd day on the hospital, he told me my fever was caused by infection but not yet to know what caused the infection itself. Haizzz I'm so devastated after the delivery too, 'cos my mother keep on nagging about my case through out my confinement period also.

Wasted all my effort to have normal delivery... 'cos I have been walking, squatting for it :'( But all good already hehehe but still thinking the 2nd one dunno how...

Last edited:

msblur

oh really? hahaa.. dr ang sooooo busyyyyy... where is the dr phyllis liaw huh? sembawang area too?

My 2nd gal was delivered by Dr Ang too. Then i recommended him to my sis, and her 3 kids are all delivered by him. I recommended him to my niece too, and she found him very nice, though he's kinda bz & hav to wait very long. But hav to admit his charges are one of the most reasonable & cheapest loh. :)

tinyfabric

Well for my case i dont really recommend this doc as gynae... he doesnt know how to deal with complication and irresponsible as well.... when i was conceiving my first child i had complication on the 5th month pregnacy told him abt the sympton and he mentioned of the sympton is normal and soon after 1 month it got worse. Ended up my husband got to tell him what to check for i.e. blood test etc.... shouldnt all this things is very basic to a doc.... =( then we decided not to go back to see him anymore ever.... So Thumbs Down for Lawrence Ang...

Just my own experience encounter with this gynae.. Cheers and now my daughter is already 19 months old and growing well and healthy....

Cheers,
TinyFabric
http://tinyfabric/blogspot.com

Last edited:

autumn82

Well for my case i dont really recommend this doc as gynae... he doesnt know how to deal with complication and irresponsible as well.... when i was conceiving my first child i had complication on the 5th month pregnacy told him about the sympton and he mentioned of the sympton is normal and soon after 1 month it got worse. Ended up my husband got to tell him what to check for i.e. blood test etc.... shouldnt all this things is very basic to a doc.... =( then we decided not to go back to see him anymore ever.... So Thumbs Down for Lawrence Tan...

Just my own experience encounter with this gynae.. Cheers and now my daughter is already 19 months old and growing well and healthy....

Cheers,
TinyFabric
http://tinyfabric/blogspot.com
:err: Did you get the name mixed up or different docs?? He's Dr Lawrence Ang. :)

Good to hear that your gal is growing well now! :) Cheer!

hstan15

though my first delivery with doctor ang wasnt too pleasant cos maybe he is too popular that he had to even answer call while delivering my baby but now pregnant with second one, i still go to him cos he is experience and straight to the point.. u tell him ya problem and he explain to u right away, and cease ya worries

My sis-in-law's two kids were delivered by DR Lawrence Ang and he is highly recomended by her....and a friend's sis of mine oso went to him when she was pregnant with her 2 kids....and so far I have oni heard good comments abt him

eowyn

Hi all, is it possible to see Dr Ang without an appointment? I intended to see him on fri, but just now experienced some spotting so very worried.

NIisme

Strongly recommend Dr Lawrence Ang!
He's really a good doctor but NOT for those gan jiong or fussy mummies.
Those mummies that can't wait or such de. Find him as gynae sure got things to complain de.

Anyway! Two thumbs up for Dr Lawrence Ang

NIisme

Hi all, is it possible to see Dr Ang without an appointment? I intended to see him on fri, but just now experienced some spotting so very worried.
can. Just walk in to him nor. But You have to wait for very long. He always got full house one.

eowyn

In the end, i waited till fri to see Dr Ang. The queue was indeed very very long and had to wait for ard 1 hr to see him even with appointment. Dr Ang seems very straight to the point. He speaks and do things very first. I was a bit overwhelmed. I was expecting a blood test and urine test, but he did a scan for me instead. He told me that my baby is 5 weeks but sound a bit worried coz my last menses was end of april. By right, the baby should be much bigger. But he reassured me that it might be coz of my irregular menses cycle. I was to go back to him next fri and really hope that my baby is ok!

++eLaiNe++

i'm gng to him tml too..
my 1st appointment..

came back after my 1st appointment..
he's detailed and agreed he talked very very fast..lol..

my next appointment will be 23rd aug...

Last edited:

Excited hubby

Alpha Male
Hi all,

We are wth Dr Ang too. I need some information on the bill structure in TMC. For those who have just given birth can share?

I am thinking of leeting my wife stay in a single bedded room. I wanna know wha is the price difference between 2 bedded and 1 bedded. Try to search the TMC webpage and compare but did not realy understand.

Tracey

Hi I just gave birth at TMC. I was under Dr Lawrence Ang so free ugrade from 4 bedded to 2 bedded. Can't remember exact bill but most was paid through medisave so ended up paying only 600 by cash I think
Mine was a natural delivery with only pethadine. No epi.

Tracey

Dr Lawrence Ang is indeed a great guy. Very experienced and knows what to do in an emergency. Plus his charges are so reasonable!
I went to see him when I was 20 wks preg as my previous gynae had returned to NUH suddenly. So did a search on the internet and decided to try Dr Ang. No regrets at all! He is such a funny guy, great personality, gentle and yes talks super fast, does everything superfast...like Flash Gordon in person :D
I suffered post partum haemorage and the nurses had to call him back in the night. He rushed over to see me and stopped the bleeding manually. It was very painful and he kept apologising but after 10 min agony, the bleeding reduced dramatically. He saved my life!!! Next morning he came to see me and told my hubby, "No need to pay...i used my own equiptment" hahaha
I like him...he knows what he's doing and doesn't waste time when making decisions. I had epi during my delivery and the stitches are done beautifully and healed so fast.
Many thanks to Dr Ang :red:Don't think i want anymore kids but who knows??? If number 7 ever comes along, I'll definitely go to Dr Ang again!!!

Mummyeve

Ya.. totally agreed with most of you. Dr Lawrence Ang is really good and attentive actually even though he is always very packed. He is very natural birth pro gynae.. He also helped mum n dad to avoid unnecessary expenses.

Will sure go back to him when I have my 2nd one. :Dancing_wub:

kinjal

Hi,
I am 4 week Pregnant and I am likely see Dr. Lawrence Ang. Any feedback?
I heard he will not give any confirmation till he get signs of any heartbeat. Is it true?