Dr Paul Tseng - TLC (in TMC)

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
not secret admirer lah... took a photo with him and baby just after birth.

not the best picture though.. he really wasn't the 'star'! He looks better in person. :tlaugh:

jut

He looks much better in person! Tall, well-proportioned...*swoon*

Professionally, he is very good also lah!! Very good bedside manners.

bluechin

BMSG Moderator
hahhaha.. jo, u actually post it. :p hahah

for me i find that he has charisma... not using handsome to describe him. :p

blinkygal

First of all... CONGRATS!

Paul Tseng can be found at TLC Gynaecology Practice.

Address:
339 Thomson Rd #03-02 Thomson Medical Centre Singapore 307677
Telephone: 6254 2878

btw, the nurses are really friendly people too! willing to answer all my silly money questions. :)
hi... i am currently six weeks pregnant. in the process of looking for another gynae as i found out the one i went to for check up is not too good. from what i learned here... it seem like Dr Paul Tseng seem like a good choice for many.

Actually I was been told by some of my friend that there's another lady gynae call Eunice Chua at the same clinic. Have any of you gal came across her? Do they share the same nurse etc since they both belong to the same clinic. Was thinking of arranging an appointment with her...

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
yes, she's from the same clinic... she's the C in TLC!

From what I heard, she more 'managed birth' oriented ie she takes charge of your birth and does more interventions like internal exams, episiotomies, etc. I do have a friend who has chosen her for the past 3 births. :p

blinkygal

thanks for the info... will go down to take a look next week. still mentally feels more comfortable with a female gynae :)

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
blinkygal, just trying to understand your mindset... you feel more comfortable with a female gynae becos she has the same equipment? or becos u don't want strange 'male' looking down there?

just to share how I see things... they are there to do their jobs. A male gynae sees woman all day long, everyday practically. He sees them at their best and at their worst. Frankly, I'd just go to a gynae who's skills and knowledge I trust - regardless of gender. For me, Paul was breastfeeding friendly, willing to discuss my options and preferences for birth and to support my decisions.

seariana

Hi Mothers,

We have to pay cash or nets for all 3 gynaes in TLC? Do they deliver at Mt. A? I think I am leaning towards Dr Paul Tseng after reading all the positive comments and I do think that male gynaes are more gentle and thorough than female...

Thanks for your advices!

My Destiny

Hi mommies,

Hv not updated since my last post in Sept last year abt making my 1st appt to see Dr Paul.... wow... time passes so fast! I juz delivered my bb gal w Dr Paul last week.

I'm so happy and satisfied w Dr Paul and his clinic nurses' service :magneta:. They are very professional yet personal enough to know each patient.
Though I was sad that my orginal intention to see Dr Paul for VBAC was not successful but I'm very glad at least Dr Paul gave me the chance to try.

My bb gal was overdue 1week but Dr Paul kept asking me to wait if I wanted VBAC cos bb was still comfy inside. Finally, aft my contractions came over a few days and bb could not engage and I only dilated 1.5cm, Dr Paul told me unlikely bb will come down but in no way did he rush me, he said he will still let me try if I really wanted to but I was in too much pain already so decided for ceasarian... he said that if I wanted another bb, unlikely bb will engage as well, so likely had to hv another cesarian... :bsad:

So many little thoughtful touches impressed me... knowing that I am prone to keloid on my wounds, he told me before the operation that he will get rid of the old scar and made sure I hv a nicer scar this time. Also right aft my operation and before they wheeled me back to the room, Dr Paul wrapped a binder around my tummy and wound. My 1st gynae never did such thing.

I was very touched when I went back for my 1st week's checkup on wed. I had 2 very bad bruises on my left arm when the Anesthesian tried to take my blood and put in the drip. I was still awake when he did it and he poked incorrectly and had to do it again at 3 places! Luckily at that time, my contractions were more painful den the needle so I did not make an issue of it. But the moment I walked into Dr Paul's room, he immediately saw my arm and held it to examine, asking how come I had such bruises. I was very touched by his concern.

I can go on and on abt the good experience I hv with Dr Paul... I am simple impressed with him and I must say, I probably hv a small crush on him... hee....:shyxxx:

Gaill

Hi hi ladies,

Been reading all the nice things mentioned here about Paul Tseng. Looks like its all compliments and no complaints yeah? Someone was asking about another gynae, Eunice Chua, and so I thought I'd share my experience at TLC with you all as well.

I had my first bb with Eunice Chua at TLC last April. Although I thought she was ok - friendly, experienced - the usual kind of stuff, but somehow I find her service a little unpersonalised. Every visit to see her had me and my hubby waiting for averaging 1 hour plus and every time, my session lasted less than 5 mins.

On the day of my delivery, she came in at the very last minute just in time to deliver the bb out (which was expected and I'm not complaining), but at the end of the delivery, I realised I had suffered a small cut on my inner thigh which must have been caused by the scissors when she threw it over me to the nurse after cutting the cord. But in all the commotion and excitement of having a first bb and the effect of the epidural flowing through my body, I did not feel any pain at all until I saw the blood on my thigh. The cut left a 3cm long scar on my thigh which only recently just faded. The tear was also not very nicely stitched in my opinion but I'm not sure if that was the norm.

So the VERDICT? I wasn't blown away by my gynae like you gals were.

I am planning for another child in the next year or so, but I'm not very sure if I should go back to Eunice. I wouldn't mind going for Paul Tseng since he's got such strong support and praises from all of you but I understand that as long as you are already with a gynae there, you cannot transfer to another gynae. I know this for a fact coz recently, I had to go back for a consultation due to a yeast infection. As Eunice was super booked that day and I couldn't bear the discomfort any longer, I asked to see Phyllis (the other gynae in the clinic) but the staff told me that I cannot see another gynae as I am Eunice's patient.

So now I'm stuck, Paul is obviously good but I cannot have him. The only solution is to go to another clinic altogether and hope I will get someone as good as Paul. Even if I can have Paul, I really dread visiting TMC because of the stupid and unfriendly carparking system.

Would anyone by any chance know of another gynae as good as Paul Tseng? Helps if he's an eye candy too! :win:

My Destiny

Seariana
You can pay by credit card at TLC. Not sure if they will deliver elsewhere other den Thomson. Also as I was recommending my friend there, I found out there is no longer any packages for all the Gynaes at TLC already. Maybe you can call them to check their latest rates.

Gaill
Sorry to hear abt yr experience with Dr Eunice Chua. Maybe you can call them to enquire and explain your reasons for changing Gynaes. I'm sure they will not turn away business...

I almost had Dr Eunice deliver my bb cos Dr Paul was away when my contractions came... but I held on and tahan till Dr Paul came back as I really wanted to hv him there. Few days before he went away, he called me personally to let me know and I kept calling him next 2 days cos had show but he was very calm as if he knew bb wld not come till he got back. I also asked if Dr Eunice was as good as him and he reassured me of course! :001_302:

Hi all,

Me in 38 weeks of pregnancy. Thinking of switching to Dr Paul Tseng. Wondering whether he is good in handling emergency situations, stitching skills etc, besides being pro-natural birth??

Cos I want to do VBAC this time but my current gyn says my baby is big, better to go for C-sect. Hubby says safety of mother and baby is more important than birth method...

Is Dr Paul Tseng worth the risk? thanks!

elt_mum

HI! Just wanted to share - I am currently seeing Dr Paul. My hubby and I really like him - he is very pro-natural. Always encouraging me to eat fruits/ specific types of food to get the nutrients and vitamins I need, rather than just pop pills. Very professional.

And yes - ALWAYS answers any questions we have, no matter how busy. Very fun to meet him - always feel more reassured. And I like how he talks to BOTH my husband and me - it's the little small touches when he includes my hubby in conversation, that reminds us that it's a process that involves him too (at least hubby feels useful). And YES! I keep telling everyone my gynae is handsome Hahaha. At least I don't feel bad for thinking so now. LOL

hi ladies - my gynae was Dr Paul too!!!

it's true what you all said so i won't bother to repeat myself. but i am so, sooo tickled that you guys are swooning over him.

becos i do the same!! har har har!

yes, he looks much better in person. the day i was in labour he popped in on me ard 8 - 9+. think he prolly just had dinner or something cos he was wearing tshirt & jeans. wah lau eh damn cute leh.

the epi admin (dunno wot the professional term is) was his brother. oh dear cannot rem his name i am so bad =(

but both hubby & i agree Dr Paul inherited the looks ... LOL

izanyzam

I agree that Dr.Paul has an honest yet gentle way of doing stuff or conveying his thoughts to you..He was being very honest when i miscarried my second bb..I think he knew that i was going to have a miscarriage after 3 days of bleeding..And sure enuff,the night after i had my appt,i miscarried at home..

I went to TMC's 24-hour womens clinic and spoke to him on the phone..He did not come down as i think he knew that nothing more could be done for me as i had totally "passed out" my foetus (yup...I brought it along and showed it to the nurse)..Besides that,i think he knew that i would be wasting money as the fee for him to come down would be a heck lot..!!

But now,i found out that im pregnant again at 5-6 weeks and will be going to see him again on the 1st April..Definitely looking forward to seeing him..!!! :Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub: