Dr Paul Tseng - TLC (in TMC)

marmalade

Just had a horrible birth with Dr Paul Tseng. Nearly lost my life.

What happened ?

My gynae was paul and I find that he is a very responsible and assuring doc.
However, he didn't deliver my baby as he was on holiday. Dr Benjamin Tham did as he was the back up.

littlebon

I decided to switch to Dr Paul Tseng after reading many "great" stories about him. My pregnancy was very normal n I was very healthy during my pregnancy. Howver I didnt come into labour past due date and Dr Paul decided to induce me at 41 week without discussing the options. Well I wish he did. I trusted him that I just followed his decision. Well I also wish he told me that this induction might not work. Actually it didnt. After nearly 24 hours of horrible pain with body heavily drugged I lost a lot of blood but my cervic could only open 5cm. I was extremely exhausted. The hospital did the epidural so early that epidural didnt work anymore. The they gave me the gas but they gave me so much that I got addicted to gas and went "crazy" for around 15 mins. I was like a real drug addictive when he didnt have drug. When I "woke up" from drug I felt that I couldnt give birth but the doctor was home and didnt do anything for me. We decided to call him to the hospital for a C section. C section went on 3 hours with heavy blood loss that I was given blood transfution. Still blood loss could not be stopped and Dr removed my uterus to save me. Both my son and I ended up in ICU n we had to stay at the hospital for nearly 10 days with a huge bill to pay. My son's head was 37cm but the doctor never told me he had a big head

Last edited:

quincy1986

hi littlebon...your story caught my attention.
what are your plans now after you have gone through such a traumatising experience.

littlebon

hi littlebon...your story caught my attention.
what are your plans now after you have gone through such a traumatising experience.
thank you quincy1986. Actually I have no plan as I am a foreigner here and I do not know how it works with singaporean laws in the healthcare areas. I did google for such things and it turns out that some people tried to sue the doctors and hospitals but not succeed as the laws seem to highly protects hospitals and doctors, just as in other industries here. Im sure there are many sad stories out there but people usually dont want to share their sad stories. I just want to share my story so that other moms to be are more careful when choosing the hospitals and doctors and make sure they know what the doctors are going to do to them in case their treatment do not work out.

Im grateful my body recovers quite well and I feel very good now. However the emotional pain is still here somewhere and I never can let it go. I still have many sleepless nights questioning myself how this happened to me and my baby. Sometimes I blame myself for not knowing better and put me and my baby into risk. My baby didnt cry when he got out of my body. he was not able to breathe properly that they had to bring him to NICU and put him oxygen. My baby was very healthy during my pregnancy and he is very strong and healthy baby now. He also develops much earlier and faster than other kids at his age. So Im pretty sure that my baby conditions at birth had something to do with my long medicated labour.

Last edited:

quincy1986

i am assuming you are quite well off to be a foreigner living in singapore.
would you like to fight for your case?
sorry no offense because i just feel for you.

littlebon

i am assuming you are quite well off to be a foreigner living in singapore.
would you like to fight for your case?
sorry no offense because i just feel for you.
im not well off at all. I was fortunate to have a good insurance that helped to pay me most of my childbirth costs. Else I would have went bankrupt. I do not intend to fight coz I know lawsuit is a time n money consuming process. I have neither time nor money for that.

marmalade

I decided to switch to Dr Paul Tseng after reading many "great" stories about him. My pregnancy was very normal n I was very healthy during my pregnancy. Howver I didnt come into labour past due date and Dr Paul decided to induce me at 41 week without discussing the options. Well I wish he did. I trusted him that I just followed his decision. Well I also wish he told me that this induction might not work. Actually it didnt. After nearly 24 hours of horrible pain with body heavily drugged I lost a lot of blood but my cervic could only open 5cm. I was extremely exhausted. The hospital did the epidural so early that epidural didnt work anymore. The they gave me the gas but they gave me so much that I got addicted to gas and went "crazy" for around 15 mins. I was like a real drug addictive when he didnt have drug. When I "woke up" from drug I felt that I couldnt give birth but the doctor was home and didnt do anything for me. We decided to call him to the hospital for a C section. C section went on 3 hours with heavy blood loss that I was given blood transfution. Still blood loss could not be stopped and Dr removed my uterus to save me. Both my son and I ended up in ICU n we had to stay at the hospital for nearly 10 days with a huge bill to pay. My son's head was 37cm but the doctor never told me he had a big head

Sorry that you have such a bad experience with Dr Paul.
What causes Dr Paul to delay going to the hospital ? Shouldn't the nurses inform him to go to the hospital ?
did you ask him what actually happen when he was doing his rounds ?

as for the head circumference, in my case, i did ask him and i rem he said 33 cm but in the end it turns out to be 36 cm. my conclusion for this is: either the estimation was inaccurate or he just gave a average number so that I wouldn't be too worried about it since i was trying for a vbac.

Dananeo

Hi Littlebon. Thanks for your sharing. I was encourage by friend to go with him. This make me think twice since my 1st born was E c-sect too coz of the head size.

Hope you are all well now. All the best

Oscarr0311

I see many of you have good experience with Dr Tseng. Unfortunately for me, I was not so lucky. This dr almost cause my life. I had an atopic pregnancy. 1st week went to see him, recommended by my mother in law. Dr tseng scan me and took blood test and confirmed I'm pregnant. Time passed and one day I bleed and went back to see him, he scanned me and actually pointed out the heartbeat. But the fact is there is no heartbeat. I don't know how he can see a heartbeat. Discharged me and gave me injection to stabilised pregnancy plus pain killer. 2 mths passed and I was bleeding alot and very painful. All he did was admit me and ask me to rest saying I may be too weak. 2 mths of suffering and never did he detected the ectopic. On the day I wanted to discharged myself, he did another scan and told me he SUSPECT I may be having an ectopic. Suggest to do an abortion procedure. 2 mths and he was not sure. On the very same day, I went to another gynae who immediately detected the ectopic and I was bleeding profusely internally. Straight away I was admitted into an operation. This is my story, it is for you all to decide how experience/good he is.

Last edited: