Dr.Roland Chieng and Parkway East Hospital

Rainy Girl

Hi there,

Not to worry. Have positive thinking & I'm sure you will BFP

Hi,
We were thinking of gov hospital, but thinking of the wait and all. time wasted too much for waiting.Dr roland is a nice man, really advise us on whats the best. so far i think his price for pte gynae is affordable, i tried compare a few others, but exceed my budget.

Not to sure about the test you done before, U might wanna bring all those document there and ask for his advise. yup i was given a jab one day before my IUI process. heard many people had jabs for 10days before their iui. but for my case nothing much lei.

yup tuesday going for my blood test. but feeling like my AF coming already anytime.. *pray to god*

cheers!

Rainy Girl

Hi there,

Not to worry. have positive thinking & I'm sure you will BFP :)

when I did my IUI in govt, i wasn't given any mediciation or jabs too. Only the jab 1 day b4 IUI. but in total, hubby & I spent abt $1K at the govt hosp cos we r consider as pte patients. since i thought pte hosp chgs r similar or only need to fork out slightly more, y not go to pte hosp since their service is much better & gyane is more caring & patient. the long waiting hrs @ govt hosp also put me off. i heard those who go to pte gyanes r given higher dosage of medicine/jabs few days before their IUI and this may increase their BFP success rate.

for my case, i'm perfectly fine but hubby sperm motility is low. we r ttc naturally for time being and also gg to TCM. hopefully will improve his quality in few mths.

Hi,
We were thinking of gov hospital, but thinking of the wait and all. time wasted too much for waiting.Dr roland is a nice man, really advise us on whats the best. so far i think his price for pte gynae is affordable, i tried compare a few others, but exceed my budget.

Not to sure about the test you done before, U might wanna bring all those document there and ask for his advise. yup i was given a jab one day before my IUI process. heard many people had jabs for 10days before their iui. but for my case nothing much lei.

yup tuesday going for my blood test. but feeling like my AF coming already anytime.. *pray to god*

cheers!

dianarafee

Hi! We are in e same boat then. currently Dr roland is askin hubby to take jabs every 2days once to improve on the motility...

Hi there,

Not to worry. have positive thinking & I'm sure you will BFP :)

when I did my IUI in govt, i wasn't given any mediciation or jabs too. Only the jab 1 day b4 IUI. but in total, hubby & I spent abt $1K at the govt hosp cos we r consider as pte patients. since i thought pte hosp chgs r similar or only need to fork out slightly more, y not go to pte hosp since their service is much better & gyane is more caring & patient. the long waiting hrs @ govt hosp also put me off. i heard those who go to pte gyanes r given higher dosage of medicine/jabs few days before their IUI and this may increase their BFP success rate.

for my case, i'm perfectly fine but hubby sperm motility is low. we r ttc naturally for time being and also gg to TCM. hopefully will improve his quality in few mths.

Rainy Girl

Hmm...this is the 1st time that i heard of gyane telling the husband to do jabs. I know for most gyanes, they will just prescribe supplements & vitamins to the husband to take. wat i read from the internet is usually the ladies hv to do the jabs lor before the IUI or IVF procedure. does yr hubby jab himself or hv to go dw to the gyane's clinic? how long does yr hubby hv to jab? the costs shld be quite exp rite? hehee

Hi! We are in e same boat then. currently Dr roland is askin hubby to take jabs every 2days once to improve on the motility...

dianarafee

Haha! Sounds weird to me too.. But we are on fr trying everything...
Actually dr prescribe the jab to him on e day we had e iui. Yup its ex! One box fr 1 time use is 35$..we bought fr 2 wks supply. At the same time hubby just started taking other vitamins.. He gt to jab himself in e morning..

Rainy Girl

wow is really exp for the jabs..but no choice. this is the $ that we hv to spend if w want to hv a baby :)

babydust to you, diana & do update us on yr blood test results :)

Haha! Sounds weird to me too.. But we are on fr trying everything...
Actually dr prescribe the jab to him on e day we had e iui. Yup its ex! One box fr 1 time use is 35$..we bought fr 2 wks supply. At the same time hubby just started taking other vitamins.. He gt to jab himself in e morning..

dianarafee

Yeah . spending money like water...

still thinking if i should go for my blood check, as My Af will be come by thursday.. scared later disspointed if i go for blood test. haha!

wow is really exp for the jabs..but no choice. this is the $ that we hv to spend if w want to hv a baby :)

babydust to you, diana & do update us on yr blood test results :)

Rainy Girl

Maybe u wan to reschedule yr blood test to fri? In case yr AF doesn't come by thurs n u won't face disappointment :)

Yeah . spending money like water...

still thinking if i should go for my blood check, as My Af will be come by thursday.. scared later disspointed if i go for blood test. haha!

dianarafee

yup exactly! But im already having the AF sysmtoms.. cramps are here...seems need another process. Me and hubby thinking of IVF next. dont want to waste time keep going for IUI, cus the chances he told us was 15-25% only. Maybe will talk to him in our next appointment. i read at other thread this lady paid 1k cash only. the rest was being deducted by medisave and govt grant. so not too sure on how this things really work.

Btw have u made up your mind which pte doctor you going to take?

Maybe u wan to reschedule yr blood test to fri? In case yr AF doesn't come by thurs n u won't face disappointment :)

Rainy Girl

Diana, mind if i ask yr age? if u r younger than 30, still got time to try naturally or IUI. for IVF, is not only abt the $ spent. but is more physically, mentally n emotionally tiring. u shld discuss this carefully with yr hubby n gyane. c wat yr gyane suggests u to do next. put this aside. yr AF is not here yet. as long as it's not here, u still hv chance to strike this cycle. think positively :)

u r rite about the medisave & govt grant for IVF. however, the govt grant ($3K) is only applicable for govt hosp. for pte hosp, u can only deduct the medisave portion. i understand the costs of IVF is more expensive than govt. so deduct the medisave, u hv to prepare abt $8 to $10k depending on the overall costs. which is y many couples go to govt hops for IVF since they could get the add'l govt grant.

yup exactly! But im already having the AF sysmtoms.. cramps are here...seems need another process. Me and hubby thinking of IVF next. dont want to waste time keep going for IUI, cus the chances he told us was 15-25% only. Maybe will talk to him in our next appointment. i read at other thread this lady paid 1k cash only. the rest was being deducted by medisave and govt grant. so not too sure on how this things really work.

Btw have you made up your mind which pte doctor you going to take?

Rainy Girl

I've not decide which pte doctor to go too. hubby n i r still thinking of ttc naturally though we r not young anymore. i'm deciding between Mount E Dr Charles Lim or Dr Roland Chieng from parkway. hv u heard of Dr Charles lim b4? seems like he has helped many couples conceive but he only c patients in the morning which is quite difficult for me to take time off if i consult him

Btw have u made up your mind which pte doctor you going to take?

dianarafee

My AF is here.. :(
just called the clinic they will make a appointment for me. have not heard about Dr Charles before.. yeah i have been taking leave and time off recently. That i told my hubby we should tell them we can come on weekends saturday instead, so sickening taking leave, pay more money and still no result.
Yes im below 30, only 24 . hubby is 30 already.it is very sickening and tiring, im lost at times cus really not to sure what to do next. Mentally tired. Maybe i want this so much and been thinking2.

I've not decide which pte doctor to go too. hubby n i r still thinking of ttc naturally though we r not young anymore. i'm deciding between Mount E Dr Charles Lim or Dr Roland Chieng from parkway. hv u heard of Dr Charles lim b4? seems like he has helped many couples conceive but he only c patients in the morning which is quite difficult for me to take time off if i consult him

strawberry14

Hi ladies!!

m new to this forum , also seeking medical help from dr roland cheing as i have pcos,
took clomid first cycle followed by an HCG shot n trying naturally , rt now in the middle of two weeks waiting time. may n next time would try to go for an IUI,
just want to know more abt it, is it painful ? how many shots i have to take before the procedure n cost associated with it?
rt now my fingers are crossed;)

DesperateMom

Hi Dianarafee, Sorry had been quite busy with work and hospital visits.
I am so sorry to hear about the disappointment. But let's not lose hope. One thing my husband keeps telling me is "atleast we have found the issue and proceeding in the right direction towards having a baby". Same applies to all of us. I am sure good news is around the corner.

I went to hospital 5 times last week. Finally I had eggs growing and I had my IUI on Sat. I am in 2WW now... I am not having any hopes. I don't want any disappointments.

Strawberry and Rainy girl, welcome to the group and Good luck.
Jabs are little painful. The HCG shot given before the IUI day was hurting a lot. IUI by itself is not painful.

strawberry14

Thanks Desperate mom,
wish you all the good luck!
just 4-5 days more my 2ww will b over , 2 weeks seems like 2 months.
thanks for the info abt iui tht it does nt hurt(i was bit scared of it).
will keep you all updated:))

strawberry14

Hi Dianarafee,
sorry to hear tht your AF came.
my 2ww will b over soon, no symptoms as such of pregnancy, was given progestrone for 2 weeks,
just want to know when to expect AF once off progestrone on 22 jan.

DesperateMom

Hi Strawberry,
All the best. Avoid thinking too much about it. Actually we are putting so much stress into our mind during this 2WW which is def. not good for our body. So take care and rest.

baby dust!!

strawberry14

Hi all,
my 2ww was over 5 days back but still no sign of AF, got negative pregnancy test.
just my nipples are extremely sore nothing else
tried to call the clinic they are closed for chinese newyear.
dont know what to do?
when did you guys got AF after taking hcg shot (if nt pregnant)?
may be progestrone pills might be the cause of delay.
need advice??

JanelleQ

Hi all, I m new to this forum.. But not new to trying to conceive... ;(

We hv been TTC for a year but still no news at all.. So I m intending to make an appt with
Dr Ronald Chieng sometime this month..

I called up the nurse & they suggest both hubby & myself to go down together, but haiz, my hb is always busy, so I intend to do the check on myself first to see if there is anything wrong with me...

Hi strawberry,

Hope tat u hv succeed in your IUi..? I guess Tats the next thing I would properly opt to do if possible...

strawberry14

welcome to the forum JanelleQ,
i got my periods bck, so will go for iui this month.
for first few appointmnent you can go alone if your hubby is bz:), let them figure out the problem and initially they might suggest some blood test for you.