Dumb father asking advice on 20mths baby's recommended diet

CanCanMum

thanks for your advice.
My baby temperature went up again just now. I had no choice but to feed her fever medicine and anal insertion medication.

seriously, i am going bonkers now ... i am blaming myself for this to happen and i seriously doubt that i can be a good father .. i am losing faith in myself and i felt so helpless now ... if only ... i would continue to giving in to her and stay quiet in a fight and maybe my child dont't have to go through all these and she will still have a loving mother with her .. aarghhh ... seriously going thru a mental breakdown now ....
yup yup its always like tat, middle of the night the fever will shoot up~~

its fine u r doing great.....dun put the blame on yourself.....

actually having fever does not necessarily means bad, coz in fact, the body is fighting against infection....so as long as u r able to monitor and keep it under control and with medicine, its actually fine.....and, yes, u r doing well....

*pAts*

roosepuss

thanks for your advice.
My baby temperature went up again just now. I had no choice but to feed her fever medicine and anal insertion medication.

seriously, i am going bonkers now ... i am blaming myself for this to happen and i seriously doubt that i can be a good father .. i am losing faith in myself and i felt so helpless now ... if only ... i would continue to giving in to her and stay quiet in a fight and maybe my child dont't have to go through all these and she will still have a loving mother with her .. aarghhh ... seriously going thru a mental breakdown now ....
Hey Ruff ruff,

Cheer up. If its not good for you how could it be good for your baby right? Don't blame yourself and knocking your head on the brick wall. Your baby need you right now with all the commotion going around her. As long as she is eating something/ drinking some milk it is ok for baby to lose a bit of weight. She probably going thru some emotional trauma herself and need time to adjust to this new life and also diet. Introduce her to different food everyday. Sometimes its good to sit her still and make sure she finish her food even thou she don't like it. I know it sounds very military but I have 3 girls who are fussy eaters when they were babies and feeding time is not always the best time of the day. You can try giving her yogurt, white bread with kaya and soak it with fresh milk. Mash bananas and weet bix for breakfast. Dinner maybe rice porridge with carrots and potatoe with mince beef??

Good luck!

ruffruff

Alpha Male
thank you all for your kind advice and suggestion.
my baby girl is finally not having fever in the night or day. but her appetite is still not good now. still having a slight running nose and some coughing.

I will try to give her different stuff to eat everyday and hopefully she can stable down. I felt so relief now that her fever is finally gone. :)

thank you all and please continue to give me suggestions on what is good for the child to eat. I am learning to cook now and hopefully my child will like my cooking.

diymummy

Hi ruffruff,
I'm currently using this book called "Feed your child right". It's written for asian parents. You might want to check if the library has or you can buy it. That time I printed this voucher from Singaporemotherhood forum which gave me a 20% discount. You might want to visit that site and get that book if you find that going to the library is too troublesome. That book has some recipes you can refer to.

Ting

dun worry abt your cooking, im sure u will do just fine.
who says men cant cook? my dad is a great cook! (even better than my mum!)
just need to put in more effort but leave out the salt n sugar~ :D