Dydrogesterone

Faith cf

Did anyone's gynae prescribed this at your first consultation? I was reading online about it and wondering why my doctor prescribed me this when he did not mention any issue with my pregnancy.

TIA for any replies.=)

Sad 33

Dydrogesterone or Duphaston is a progestrone medication. Progestrone is the hormone that makes the womb 'environment-friendly' for baby's growth. Btw, I read that some women are given this at early stages if they are deemed need more protection given past mc histories, however some doctors give them just for security sake. A lot of women, including my friend and myself have progesterone problem. I am below 100, which is required. When preggies are low in progesterone and will be given progesterone jabs and/or pills.
I was bleeding and was prescribed the Duphaston 10mg to take twice a day. Hope this helps.

Btw there is not much reply from this forum after we posted. My thread has no replies til now....

crystaloves

my gynae prescribed to me too, I guess this is more like the western an tai yao.
hey i went to nuh and my gynar prescribe me with duphaston too cos i have a chain of histories save the detaikls yeah, this pill wont have any effects no wprries.. like what sad 33 said.. its to build up a protection for our baby inside our womb..how many weeks are u? scanning done?

Faith cf

dear all, thks for the reply! Glad to know that the effects that i read online r not true. Have clarified the use with my doc who said its to help the baby attach firmly to the uterus. He also said its fine i dont eat it if i am not comfortable. So, when i was 7 weeks going to 8, i decide to reduce my intake to once a day instead of 2 for one week before stopping completely (my doc gave me the med when i was 6 weeks and told me to eat for 2 weeks).

Cant wait for my next scan in 2 weeks.

crystaloves

dear all, thks for the reply! Glad to know that the effects that i read online r not true. Have clarified the use with my doc who said its to help the baby attach firmly to the uterus. He also said its fine i dont eat it if i am not comfortable. So, when i was 7 weeks going to 8, i decide to reduce my intake to once a day instead of 2 for one week before stopping completely (my doc gave me the med when i was 6 weeks and told me to eat for 2 weeks).

Cant wait for my next scan in 2 weeks.
Yup!, my appointment in 2 weeks too.. by then i will be in my 7th weeks only.. lol! jia you ok!... i am quite regular on Mummysg so i just hope can make new friends... hehehe...