EDD Apr 2013

Hi everyone guess I will still hold on before telling my in laws...

Lady jess, from what I have read on other forums and online information, Duphaston is sort of like an 'an tai Yao' meant to stabilise the baby, its commonly prescribed to pregnant ladies know to suffer from severe MS. I am not sure though, cuz I wasnt given any medicine or my first visit to the gynae, not even folic acid, becuz I Aldy bought my 400mcg from GNC. My doctor just did a scan for me.

I guess as long as u r not bleeding or spotting, ur pregnancy shld be fine. I have read from other pregnant ladies that they are also given Duphaston too, not sure about dosage though, but think its definitely something good for the baby so you don't have to worry so much :) in case you still have doubts, I think u can call up the clinic and ask tthem bout it.

Lady Jess

Thanks autumnfall!

I was taken by surprised to be put on such a hormone at an early stage. I feel relieved to know that I am not the only one with such concerns after reading what others have posted and yet I am still a bit skeptical about the necessity of taking Duphaston.

Aprilaries

thanks pigletbao & xiuxiu! it is indeed amazing and touching to see and hear baby's heartbeat. cant wait for the ultrascan every visit! hehe. im going for my oscar scan on end sept.. long way to go

Welcome lady jess!

im having very bad lower back pain.. gynae said since im pregnant now cant do any check.. only thing is to ask hubby to massage for me and also do not carry heavy things..

xiuxiu

Hello ladies,

Been vomiting several times during this weekend. Regardless of water, sour plum, bread, biscuit, I Vomited out..
I dunno how to stop it.. feel so upset..
And tongue taste so bitter..

I think I have to go back to gynae for a check tml..

pigletbao

Hi Lady Jess - welcome! I'm prescribed 30 mg of Duphaston a day currently. If I'm not wrong, it is in the early stages that such med is required to support the pg n placenta growth. After the first trimester when the placenta is formed, then might not need to take med anymore.

I was prescribed Duphaston to take in my 1st pg if I started spotting but this time, I was asked to take them as a precautionary measure due to my earlier m/c. Hope the info helps!

Aprilaries - Ur next appmt end Sep? How many wks will u be then? :)

Xiuxiu - Oh dear...pray all goes well for u dear! Keep us updated!

To all - watching NDR now! Hope there r some great baby goodies for us this yr!

suezul

Hi to all mothers of April babies...

Congrats!:) Seems like mostly here are a newtobemother. I feel how u feels. Im not so-called expert or experience, only had one so far and my next will be due on apr'19. My first is only 5months old now and there another one pending only 6wks 3days. My first appt will be on the 7th sept. Im so excited. And i cant wait for my baby to kick me again! Yay.

My first was a boy and i dont have much feeling of nausea and very active. But this time round, im feeling so lazy, always have that nausea feeling and have always wanted to feel pretty and groom myself. I wonder if its really a girl?! Hm~

@Pigletbao: sorry but is this ur second preggy too? o_O and for that med that you recommend, where do i get those?

@Xiuxiu: aww. Hopes everything goes smoothly for you. Yeah, think its best you go consult your gynae.

pigletbao

Hi suezul! Hope all is great with #1. I feel really lazy too but secretly hope it's a boy, not that I would love it any lesser if it was a girl. Heh.
Yup, it's my 2nd but the 1st was a miscarriage.:( Duphaston was prescribed to me by my gynae so u can ask abt it at ur next check-up! Not everyone needs to take it though...I think.

Hi all.. I just tested positive..tink i ovulated on 2 Aug. So shld be around 5 weeks now? May I noe when I shld go see a gynae and any recommendations? I stay in the west...nice to meet all of u!

pigletbao

Hihi littlebluecinders! Welcome and congrats!! :) Think u shld clock ur first gynae visit abt week 6/7 just to ensure that it's not an ectopic pregnancy. U might also start to experience some MS then so can check with gynae how to alleviate them if it's bad. Thereafter, the gynae will advise when u shld pop by again. :)

As for which gynae, think there's a thread on OB n Gynaes, can browse through those to see if there's any who fit ur bill. Hope this helps! :))

Aprilaries

pigletbao, ya. my next appt still long way to go. by then will be 12weeks plus le. hehe..

hi suezul, welcome and congrats! Wow you are having no2 when your no1 is only 5 months.. my no1 (boy), i also dont have much ms. now this one i have too. hope to have a baby girl too.. hehe

welcome ;ittlebluecinders! congrats too! yes, you can visit the gynae around week 6/7. not sure of any good gynae in the west. im seeing Dr Sim LN from TMC. :)

Aprilaries

this is my last week of being at sahm.. going to start new job next monday. and new company still dont know that im pregnant. (i only know it 2 weeks after i signed the letter of offer.

haiz.. not sure how will it affect..my probation is 6 months. anyone know if i can still get my maternity leave if i am not confirmed by then? or as long as work there 3 months can already?

Oh dear, take care xiuxiu, don't worry ya? My mum says vomiting is good, at least that's a common pregnancy symptom and it's better than bleeding. My mum says vomiting means baby is healthy and my aunties vomited like merlion when they had my nieces and nephews. During early pregnancy, I read that babies do not need much food as they are still self sufficient so don't worry bout vomiting, however if problem persists, jus get ML and stay at home bah...

Actually I feel nauseous and very much wan to vomit but I didn't vomit at all, don't knw which is worse, vomit or not vomit? At times I feel hungry but really feel like puking. It's v contradicting, you wan to eat but u feel like u gonna puke. So I drink hot milo, sip by sip, so I don't puke. I realize we tend to be nauseous if we eat/drink too fast.

Will be seeing gynae this thurs too :) will be having my first ultrasound, hope can see heartbeat... And hope gynae can prescribe miracle pills to ease nauseous, rapid heartbeat and fatigue... Lol sounds too good to be true...

Aprilaries, I think it depends on companies. But if u r able to pass probation, you will definitely get maternity leave. I guess it's better to tell your boss/supervisor about ur condition and see what they say. Actually I am not sure how private sectors view pregnancy, im in the civil service and I think govt quite encouraging. Most companies I heard are fine so i think as long as u do ur job, pass probation, u shld be able to get maternity leave. R u on contract basis? If perm staff I think the more they will grant u ML.

pigletbao

Aprilaries - think u need to be in the company at least three months leading to the birth of your child, i.e be under their employment from Jan - Mar next yr since it's an April baby. Best to check with their HR as there might be slight variations from company to company. All the best for ur first day back at work!

Autumnfall - Excited for ur first ultrasound! How many weeks alrd? Keep us updated! My next appt is next Wed. Can't wait too tho it's a long time away...

Aprilaries

thanks gals.. just read from the ministry of manpower website. as long as i served 90 days in the company i will get the paid maternity leave even though im under probation.

mine is a perm job.

yeah! i also look forward to every visit for the ultra scan.. hehe.. i gonna wait long long for my appointment. hehe..anyone going to do oscar ?

Hmm I wana do but my frenz advised me against it. Actually, they told me can wait till detailed scan At 20weeks. Even for Oscar scan, there r cheap and expensive ones, depending on how reliable u hope the test can be. What I know is Oscar scan only provides u with the ratio of the risks... Say 1:250 or for some 1:2500. My friend was identified with high risks and she was sick with worried for mths. She waited for the detailed scan and thank God her baby was normal. So I'm still thinking if I wana take now or later on.

According to my LMP, I shld be 9 weeks but becuz I have a 44 days cycle and I only ovulated at day 30, I shld be 7 weeks plus. Not too sure, the first gynae wasn't able to tell me exactly how far I am. Lol I ended up tellin her my own conception date and weeks cuz I knew roughly when I ovulated(was trying shettles method).

Hope gynae can tell me my due date and conception date this coming thurs! Any idea when u will be able to tell the gender? I have heard stories from as early as 12 weeks to as late as 20 weeks. So excited!

Aprilaries

My oscar and detailed scan comes as a package. So i will do it together. Hehe.

Im pretty sure your gynae will be able to advise you on your edd in your next visit based on the baby size.

Gender can be as early as week 16. I knew my first one quite early as he wasnt shy to show everyone what he has. Haha

xiuxiu

Thanks all for your concern,

I went for a check ytd and baby is doing fine.

Gynae said it is very normal to vomit but of cos, vomit too much also do no good for both mum n baby. If I still vomit, I may need to go for He gave me an injection as well as some pills to ease the nausea and till today (touch wood), I feel much better. :)

Ytd we saw baby's heartbeat and it was so loud. (I guess the gynae has On the machine's speaker too loud? haha!)

Hi all, feels so great to have so many mummies-to-be sharing our experiences here. :Dancing_tongue:

Im into Week 9 and seriously hoping all the MS will disappear soon. I don't vomit, but always have the feeling of vomiting. I've got the feeling of heartburn since last Sunday. Used to be a very energetic and joyous person, but now I'm like sleeping almost everyday. Im having my 2nd appt in 2 weeks time. Anticipating to hear the baby heartbeat soon...

My husband, parents, in-laws and siblings were the first to know the news of my preg. But due to work issue, I need to inform my boss and my subordinate about it. I requested them to keep quiet since the preg is not stable yet.

Always wanted a baby girl initially, but now I guess it doesn't matter, as long as my baby is safe and healthy.
^^

My gynae is at Thomson medical Center too, I trusted him cause his the one that deliver for my mum and elder sis. I'm not sure about other hospital though.