EDD April 2011

ariesgirl

actually i still cant accept the facts that i am admitting tomorrow.. OMG!

cseen, u are in my friend list already.. my name is Irene-Huizhu on fb

wahfen -> huafen
Adrienne -> xiao bin bin

luvjoanne

Hello I m bk from chkup!!
Irene n happylucky, enjoy today n tonite!! Jiayou hehe.

My little avry continues her stay in my womb hotel, becos my fluid is alot still n placenta is still young n gd. My gynae says can see she's really v comfy inside.. Not engaged yet though her EDD is 2days away. Sigh.
My gynae suggest induce on 11th latest, but I'm still half hearted. Thinking shd induce, I'll prefer 8th (Friday) or shd let her be post term n decide to come out on her own.. Thinking thinking!!

ariesgirl

joanne,

baby avry still so comfy inside your womb... i guess if u dun want to induce, u got to monitor very closely for the next few days.. cause if overdue, might have chances of low fluid or placenta aging.

will there be another checkup for u in the next few days?

Huafen83

Yup Joanne. Agrees wif Irene. N ended up may be still need to be induced. Not all induced r slow. Can be as fast as kchiah. :)

have a discussion wid ur hubby.

luvjoanne

Yup Joanne. Agrees with Irene. N ended up may be still need to be induced. Not all induced r slow. Can be as fast as kchiah. :)

have a discussion wid your hubby.
I'm now open to induction. Jus considering the dates. Actu my gynae mentioned post-term is safe for my case cos fluid n placenta gd, and baby nt v big. Jus tt I'm worried abt her meconium.. Meaning she poopoo inside. N if post term, I gt to chk up every 2 days v troublesome.

Since gg to induce, I prefer to get her out this wkend rather than nx week. So thinkg of the dates. Haha u know when I told my girl she's gg to b out even though she dunwan to, by nx wk.. She actually hiccup! So funny.. Must b feeling reluctant to leave my womb.

cseen

ahahha she understands u thats y hipcup iszit... tell her come out.. quick.. sayang sayang come out!!

XBB i am deeply touch by your last words to your daddy... and i am sure he knew it too :)jiayou !

kchiah

haha joanne ur girl so comfy now lah... but is good to induce lor since full term already, choose a date u like :). that time i tot if my baby can delay one day come out on 18th, but doc induce me 1 day earlier...i still blur blur never ask can wait or not......first time mum...but nvm lah ... :)

added some of u in FB, but still blur with the name, haha...

huafeng n luckymum, u all took quite a lot of pics in labour ward after delivered hor, me no leh...only one with baby after he was out, then hubby took 2 of baby alone...sigh...regret never take 1st family photo during that moment...until now also havent...i think i m the blur mummy n he got a blur daddy who respond is slow...haha...jialat...other mummies-to-be better take more photos...so precious moment leh...

Last edited:
I'm delivering at mt alvernia - I think applebreeze can provide more info?
I didnt go for the hospital tour but I just read off the brochures and forum for stuffs to bring with extra kiasu-ism. Haha

The admission guide indicates for mummies to bring night dresses more to faciliate breastfeeding, bras, non-slip slippers & personal toiletries.

I probably will stop working next week onwards. I think I'm already walking like a old grandma liao sia.
Hi Adrienne,

Let me share what i bought to hospital.

For me:
1. 1 pair of leggings and 1 pair of maternity shorts
2. 1 of hubby's shirt(cos in front buttons open), 1 front open black top. (Bear in mind after delivery, the staff will come and change you into your own clothes and not their hospital gowns)
3. 1 pack of 12 pcs sanitary pads (37cm long), this is a must bring cos bleeding a lot.
4. Cardigan
5. 1 pack of disposable cotton panties
6. Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, shower foam, facial foam) - If you stay in single, they do provide but it's not enough to last you and hubby so bring extras.
7. Mount Alvernia provides bathroom slippers if you are in single or above

For Hubby:
1. 2 t-shirts, 2 boxers, 2 pair of shorts
2. 1 jacket
3. Toiletries (as per on top)
4. His camera

For baby:
1. 1 pair of mittens and botties
2. 1 set of baby clothes (Top and bottom, Long sleeves and long pants)
3. Little cap
4. Receiving blanket

Sorry haven been able to reply promptly cos have been busy. If you intend to breastfeed at night, make sure you bring extra breast pads. But for me, i was too shag to breastfeed at night. Day time baby will be with me in the room, let her latch on but because i do not have much colostrum in the first 2 days so baby did not wanna latch on. So now back home, i pump ever 4 hours and now has achieve 80mls of milk each time. Baby Makayla drinks 70-80mls each feed which is just nice. Night time my CL will feed FM. Even though she feels fuller, funny thing is at night she cries for milk every 2.5 hours. So now she's putting on weight already. Day time, every feed she has is my breast milk... Mummies, remember one thing. If your baby has jaundice, whether mild or severe (touch wood!). Be sure to give them whatever amt of breast milk you have. Because breast milk helps a lot in bringing the jaundice level down and also through the pasty poo they have when on breast milk. This is what my CL told me. My baby had mild jaundice but it has significantly improve cos she have a lot of breast milk daily and also sun her for 15 mins daily. Only sun babies from 8-10 am in the morning. Afternoon sun is too strong.

luvjoanne

nadiahm, congrats!!

hi mummies, need to rant! so pissed off early in the morning..
as yesterday my dr confirms baby wont be out yet, so i informed my boss i'll be back at work today. he's fine with it.
so after returning to work, a lot of colleagues just surprised to see me.. kept asking "how come haven't deliver?? how come how come?"
i just brushed it aside, saying i'll be inducing by next week latest.
then a group of older colleagues, 3 men, just LAUGHED at me when they saw me. oh gosh, i'm super pissed off and i scolded them to show them that it's very distasteful and insensitive of them to actually LAUGH.. i mean, what's there to laugh? really regretted coming back to office... arghhh. i thought i wanna come bk and keep a couple more days of my ML to spend time with my baby after she's out, but gt irritating ppl pissing me off early in the morning.. argh!

furbee

luvjoanne, ur 3 older male colleagues dont have kids/wife meh? Just bear with it for a couple of days then it'll be weekend :D
Dont go take it too heart, just go slow with ur work and look forward,like you say, the day u start ML and acc ur baby ^^

I dread going to work :(

cseen

oh dear chill Joanne.... don't be angry .. Ignorant man! ignore them ok..
nothing wrong about it... don't feel bad ok.. there's nothing wrong about it :)

luvjoanne

thanks furbee and cseen. just felt that some ppl are so insensitive!! totally spoilt my day..
3 old men with a couple of grown up kids each.

anyway i've decided to induce this friday if my gynae agrees.. just dropped him an email. shall see what he says. then i can have my girl in my arms FINALLY by the weekend =)

Last edited:

furbee

Great, hopefully ur OB agrees to this weekend :D

my girl been kicking so violently, feels like she wanna come out.... hopefully i also dont have to wait long too :001_302:

luvjoanne

hi furbee, when's ur EDD?

soon ur baby will not kick so violently liao cos no space for her haha.
btw, we're seeing the same gynae =)