EDD April 2011

Huafen83

Hi luckymum, thanks for sharing the info :)

hi Slee, dun worry abt the pain coz eerything is worth it once u see ur little one. We never stop wording ever since we preg :) when they r inside, we monitor their movement. When they r born, we also worry. It's a never ending worries :)

Huafen83

Haha coz my boy tends to sleep after every feed. N I can't sleep during day time :) tats y I have time to log on hahahaha

my boy cord also round his neck when I am giving birth. I was shocked as during the last visit everything is fine. I was lucky tat I went for induced earlier if not I can't imagine wat happen

ariesgirl

hello mummies! i am trying hard to manage my time. but find most of my time pumping milk only. both my nipples are damaged and cracked cause baby did not latch on properly. now can only pump out

today my massage lady came. she was really good.. she found that i have alot of milk duct/lump on my breasts.. she helped me cleared them... as she pressed, my milk flows out.. it was SO painful! but that was not wat i was thinking of... i was so heart pain that i could not give the milk to my son.. haha

slowly learning more and more about BF. really not easy.. must preserve...

my baby went for checkup today. and found out that he got slight jaudice(lucky no need to admit hospital).. need to bring him to sun. if get worst got to admit to hospital already. hopefully tomorrow have sun ar.. cause past few days no sun leh.. :(

ariesgirl

Oh ya. During delivery gynae found out that my baby cord has a knot on it! We all wonder how he did it. Propery been turning around every where. But am glad everything turn out fine.

Huafen83

Ya these few days no sun! Damn sad. Tml going to poly clinic to follow up. Feel abit tired of travelling here n there.

Haha looks like we have a common prob. Tats the cord prob. Was relieved tat all turned out to be gd.

Hihi to all Mummies,

Today just completed my 10 days post natal massage. Still got 16 days of confinement to go... Been drinking red dates + longan + dang shen drink everyday. Breast feeding tend to make us feel thristy easily so pls drink more fluids. Red dates n longan drink is supposedly to bring back the colour to our face... And pls make sure your CL or whoever is doing confinement for you brew the drink 'gao gao'. Cos if not defeat the purpose of brewing it. Baby Makayla is grumpy these days, CL says cos she wants people to carry her... Which i think is not true. CL even say to me i shouldn't carry her so much. Please lor, i only carry her at around late afternoon time when she's awake, and each time only carry bout 10 mins. She also did the same thing what.. When my baby cries, she carry also. Why blame me? So angry...
Baby Makayla is drinking 100 mls of breast milk in the day now every 4-5 hours and FM at night...

Mummies who are on confinement now, have you girls used herbs to shower and wash hair?

cseen

wat a day today... suppose to be my last week of work.. to go office relax.. take my pace to work.. coz my boss hired a new guy to so call work together with my partner.. but last week thur fri i was on MC than i think my partner was so bz with work couldn't teach new much( anyway new guy is there more than a month) I am doing dealing n trading and my partner make a terrible mistake at work... today i went back office , the top management sacked him @ 5pm giving him 3 mth garden leave..
and I am going on leave next week onwards... i hope my boss doesn't ask me to cut down my maternity.. coz i feel the new guy is not up to the mark yet...
HAi sorry for the bla bla bla.. wat a monday!!\
oh yes xbb.. you are really an organised mom ") my to do list left with my bb pillow case.. i needa to buy 2 more.. keep forgeting and to stock up more toiltries.. coz 1mth cannot go out!

Oh yes and i realise dr don't really wana talk about baby cord during scan my gynae also.. she seldom wana talk about it until I ask her to check the neck area.. she say alot of mummy will be paranoid about it.. but I thought it is very impt..
I can imagine if baby don't move.. coz my baby can sleep the whole day than move abit only.. but of coz now due to the lack of space I can feel the slighest move...
Slee Jiayou! next sat our big day!

Oh so Joanne, I can ask TMC for the glass bottles ya?

Huafen83

Hi applebreeze, my boy is also very grumpy today. N cry so loudly juz to ask ppl carry haha

I jux increase the milk ml to 90. Coz he been asking for milk
abt 2hrs. N testing 90ml how long it can last

Supercat

My facebook is Catherine Chew
Email: catherine_cbl@yahoo.com.sg
Feel free to add me :)

#1 kchiah: Kelly
#2 huafen83: Wah Fen
#3 mama_aki: Angeline
#4 feeyona: Fiona
#5 applebreeze: Michele
#6 luckymum: Deborah
#7 nadiahm: Siti
#8 stjt: Sharon
#9 happylucky1111: Wee Wei
#10 ariesgirl: Irene
#11 luvjoanne: Joanne
#12 sweetbear: I dont't have her facebook
#13 pumpkin2011: I dont't have her facebook
#14 cseen: Cindy
#15 slee: Shirley
#16 xiaobinbin: Adrienne
#17 cherylxueer: I dont't have her facebook
#18 furbee: Roychel
#19 supercat: I dont't have her facebook

@cseen - I only bought one bedding set and a extra pillow which doesn't really need a casing. I read from a book by Dr Spocks (quite famous) that newborns don't need all these cushion. It is the mattress that matters. I have 3 types of blankets now - comforter from the bedding set, cotton receiving blanket and cellular blanket - To use with different temperature or surrounding. Nowadays the weather is Crazy yah!

@luvjoanne - my boy is 3kg @ end of week 37. It's about 200-300g gain per week, so I'm watching my diet this week. I'm working from home so can cook @ home for lunch.

luvjoanne

@cseen - I only bought one bedding set and a extra pillow which doesn't really need a casing. I read from a book by Dr Spocks (quite famous) that newborns dont't need all these cushion. It is the mattress that matters. I have 3 types of blankets now - comforter from the bedding set, cotton receiving blanket and cellular blanket - To use with different temperature or surrounding. Nowadays the weather is Crazy yah!

@luvjoanne - my boy is 3kg @ end of week 37. It's about 200-300g gain per week, so I'm watching my diet this week. I'm working from home so can cook @ home for lunch.
Xbb, u might want to chk w ur gynae cos ur boy is quite big alr. My girl was ard 2.6kg during ard wk 37-38. N at birth wk 40, she is 3.015kg. So ur boy might b more than 3.5kg if he is fully 40weeks. N actu at week 40 scan, dr only predicted her as 2.7-2.8kg only but turned out more than tt haha

I m having blocked ducts on left breast cos I prefer to latch my girl on right side as left has shorter nipples. Sigh in the end pump also not getting that milk out, whole breast so hard. Now using cold cabbage to apply on it.

Xbb, u might want to chk w ur gynae cos ur boy is quite big alr. My girl was ard 2.6kg during ard wk 37-38. N at birth wk 40, she is 3.015kg. So ur boy might b more than 3.5kg if he is fully 40weeks. N actu at week 40 scan, dr only predicted her as 2.7-2.8kg only but turned out more than tt haha
/faint - scare of being induced!!! whats worse, I don't want C-Sect either!

hao fan ahhhhhhhhhh - work + matters from maternal side + baby

Slee

Dear mommies,

Thanks for sharing my thoughts and worry abt the cord problem.. Coz when I tell ppl, they all think I m too paranoid.... But nw the truth is that a few of the babies actually had this problem.. Thank god that all turned out well...

Cseen - ya, next sat is coming.. Could be anytime nw but then I jus have a feeling that it won't be so soon coz bb also nt engaged.. But my colleague jus told me today that her fren visit gynae on mon say bb nt engaged but deliver on tues.. So enganging could be quite sudden de..

I m also busy handling over my work... ESP tough as I only work half a day daily as I can't overwork and got to also pack as moving office... So whenever I m in office, I feel so stressful and breathless coz rushing and rushing for handover..

ariesgirl

Cseen, that sounded so serious that your partner got to be sacked! I think u just try your best to teach the new guy as much as possible. Den proceed to enjoy the ML. Nutin is more impt than your family and baby.

Applebreeze, I think nothing wrong to carry our own baby. Dun take it to heart.but my mum was telling me just dun keep rocking baby as they will be used to it. Come to think of that I like seldom carry my boy. Only once yest and the day before like never carry (except bf). Haa. I must learn to create more bonding with him.

Joanne, oh no u have milk ducts also? Must remove leh. Else cause engorgement and fever. Try not to use too much cabbage as I heard it reduce milk supply. U getting massage lady? Maybe she can help.

luvjoanne

I tried the cabbage plus gt my girl to latch on that breast jus nw and it wks wonders! Most of the hard lumps were gone n milk was able to flow when previously no matter hw I pump I couldn't get the milk out.
I put on cabbage for slightly more than half hr.

I haven start my massage cos I m still on tt catheter. I start on thurs after removing it.

ariesgirl

Ok that good at least it is cleared else if engorged den will be terrible.

I'm pumping now. Gotta wait til my nipple recover den latch my boy. How much is avry drinking now? Ur ms enough?I topping up with fm