EDD April 2011

kchiah

I learnt from childbirth class, pump milk will decrease milk supply compare to direct feed. Direct feeding no need to measure how much baby drinks, as long as feed on demand and baby weight is increasing, then should be ok. Measure how much baby drink is only when have to use FM. However, I dont't have exp, just fyi.

Hi bbanna, for jaundice baby, they r very sleepy n sleep a lot, so must wake them up to drink more milk, that's y need to monitor how much they drink n when babies pee n poo more, helps to reduce jaundice.

bbanna

Hi bbanna, for jaundice baby, they r very sleepy n sleep a lot, so must wake them up to drink more milk, that's y need to monitor how much they drink n when babies pee n poo more, helps to reduce jaundice.
o.. i c.. thanks for sharing this info yah.

nadiahm

Huafen - Thanks for the suggestion.. Must get hubby to buy... Hopefully her level decrease by this saturday, hate to see her blood drawn again...

Luvjoanne - Mt Alvernia is a bit far from my place cause i stay in jurong... Went to kinder's website and saw that they also have a clinic in jurong.. Maybe can give it a try.. Polyclinic dr are not pro-breastfeeding, he mention that breastfeeding could also prolong jaundice.. I just shrugged it off and continue breastfeeding.. Should try ur advise on frequent feeding, maybe can make her pee and poo more..
Yea agree with pumpkin, doctor at poly said breastfeeding slows down recovery of jaundice, but heck bf is the way to go, nvm the lack of sleep n fatigue.

it is not the bf tt affects the recovery of jaundice. The liver has to process the bilirubin and let it pass as stools.
The more the baby can poo the better. BM is easier to digest compared to FM, thus easier for baby to poo. Read this from the famous Dr Spocks book.

FYI epidural also doesn't help u to dilate. It is still up to the cervix to do the job when the body is more relaxed. Gynae told me this.

kciah - I tried expressing again but she refuse to feed from bottle.. maybe i should just increase the number of feeds..

Yeah nadiahm... Poly dr just want to find the easiest solution... Its okay if our eye bags and panda eyes are getting worse... Breast milk the best!!!

Huafen83

Xbb-> haha also becoz of epi makes our body more relax so something like indirectly helping dilation :)

pumpkin2011 & nadiahim, yup I also heck care n carry on wif bf hehe. Ya I
look so haggard now haha coz not enough sleep. Hehe

Hey Mummies,

Not sure if this info will be useful... Ever since my baby came back from hospital, my CL uses ABC stout to mix inside her bath water to bathe her. It is only to be used every 2 days of bath. ANd everytime after each bath, she will have heat rashes on her body, sometimes on her head and face. This is to help expel the heat in our babies' body. And it smoothen their skin also. I can see the difference in my baby also.

Sharon,

My CL says after 14 days then take pig trotters because we need to let our uterus shrink first. Then i'm thinking why eating pig trotters got to do with uterus nut anyway I dunno how true is that la, just follow lor...

cseen

all mummies are weida de!!! jia you all mummies.. I am so motivated by you all!!! i will jiayou too...
today check up... nearing 39 weeks.. CTG show nothing!! no sign of labour.. hai.. still gotto wait.. baby movement also much lesser.. dr say no space.. ask me wana induc anot.. but i dun want.. she say wait 1 more week..
but baby is engaged and face in already.. i hope she's getting ready!!
today scan can't see her at all.. only the head..ears..spin.. can see some hair sticking out from the ear hehehe

tmr is my last day of work.. can't wait!!!!!!

I see all the mummies here very very good! panda eyes but never mind!! i also think this way..
got time relax 5min put on mask ok!! relax just 5-10min! :)
jiayou !!

cseen

wow stout to bathe baby? so now bb skin clearer??

Hey Mummies,

Not sure if this info will be useful... Ever since my baby came back from hospital, my CL uses ABC stout to mix inside her bath water to bathe her. It is only to be used every 2 days of bath. ANd everytime after each bath, she will have heat rashes on her body, sometimes on her head and face. This is to help expel the heat in our babies' body. And it smoothen their skin also. I can see the difference in my baby also.

Sharon,

My CL says after 14 days then take pig trotters because we need to let our uterus shrink first. Then i'm thinking why eating pig trotters got to do with uterus nut anyway I dunno how true is that la, just follow lor...

luvjoanne

Cseen, soon it's ur turn!! Ur baby engaged n cannot see face alr, tts v gd! My girl still show me her whole face during week 40 scan!
If ur placenta n fluid are gd, then wait for another week.. Soon u will join us in the breastfeeding talks hehe
enjoy ur ML first cos after baby out, really hardly can rest..

Slee

Dear mommies,

Bb Trinette is still inside me 24 hours after checking in KKH.. Had 1st pill inserted at 2am on 14th and nothing happened at all.. 2nd pill was inserted at 12 hours later.. And only 1cm dilated..

Only started to feel cramps at around 6pm.. Requested to go back to labour ward to check at 1030pm and only 2cm dilated.. Faintz..

The VE check is damn painful.. It's much more painful than the contractions as of now and last about 10-30mins after each check.. It's burning type of pain.. Horrible!!

Injected pain relief on thigh and now still monitoring.. Will update again..

luvjoanne

Slee, jiayou! Try my method to reduce VE pain..
Open ur legs wide wide, touching both sides of bed. Then the buttocks must be on the bed, nv tilt upwards or else defintely pain. Breathe in when they insert. U shd feel v much better.
do update us k n all the best!

Huafen83

Hi slee, jia you. Soon will be over. Bb trinette, pls be good n come out faster, dun let mummy suffer so long :)

Hi mummies, my bb face going to be ruined by mosquitoes. Every nite they come n kiss him on his face leaving red spots. Anyway to avoid him being kissed? Like apply anything? Tried to kill the mosquito but they played hide n seek wif me.

Slee

Thanks Joanne.. Will try when they do VE chk again..

Slee, jiayou! Try my method to reduce VE pain..
Open ur legs wide wide, touching both sides of bed. Then the buttocks must be on the bed, nv tilt upwards or else defintely pain. Breathe in when they insert. U shd feel v much better.
do update us k n all the best!

Dear mommies,

Bb Trinette is still inside me 24 hours after checking in KKH.. Had 1st pill inserted at 2am on 14th and nothing happened at all.. 2nd pill was inserted at 12 hours later.. And only 1cm dilated..

Only started to feel cramps at around 6pm.. Requested to go back to labour ward to check at 1030pm and only 2cm dilated.. Faintz..

The VE check is damn painful.. It's much more painful than the contractions as of now and last about 10-30mins after each check.. It's burning type of pain.. Horrible!!

Injected pain relief on thigh and now still monitoring.. Will update again..
I understand how u feel... Ur labour very similar to mine but once u hit 4cm, everything going to be very fast... Don't worry, baby trinette will be in ur arm soon... Cheers for you!!! You can do it!!!

jia you slee!

@cseen - my last day of work too! Hee just told my boss yesterday that i'm going to take leave everyday till I deliver.

Need to relax my body more and sleep more. I don't know why I keep sleeping late and can't sleep after waking up to pee.

Checkup tomorrow!

Huafen83

those mummies tat havent give birth... my advice is to sleep and rest as much as possible... coz once bb is out, u wan to sleep more also cant le :) and enjoy ur time wif your hubby... coz now our time evolve around bb onli and busy with bb onli...