EDD April 2013..cont

ynove

hi cheshire

I had an outbreak of rashes all over my body (doc said allergy). After things died down after a week, I suddenly had rashes on my tummy (and my belly button was extremely itchy) and rashes all over my chest! Maybe TMI but my nipples were cracked and itchy too.

I started moisturizing much more - applied Mum To Be Organic Oil, followed by Palmer's Organic Cocoa Butter Massage Lotion for stretch marks.

After two days, the rash and itch went away. And my nipples are now no longer cracked.

So... i think the itch and rash were brought on by dryness and my skin stretching (tummy and breasts expanding quickly).

Moisturize a lot, mummies! Important!

It's true that stretch marks are hereditary and no amount of moisturizer or oils we apply can prevent stretchmarks (can only apply stuff to make the marks look faint). But still we need to moisturize cos our skin is dry and stretched to the max! Otherwise will end up with itchy rashes like me... :)

I apply the oil to my tummy, butt and breast, but only tummy got rashes. I'll just stop applying anything first. Pray that would have no stretch marks. looks like no one else has this problem. lucky mummies!

alag

Hi girls, do any of you have trouble sleeping at night or even suffer from insomnia since the pregnancy?

cheshire

Hi ynove and autumnfall,

my mum would be my confinement lady too. lols. she tried to find a good confinement lady but alot booked alr, so she'll be taking leave from work to help. But she's not the very traditional kind, so the confinement food she dunno how to cook. she's planning to order the food from www.confinementfood.com, recc by her colleague. I haven't look for jamu massage lady yet, cos dunno would end up caesarean anot..apparently is Csect cannot massage?

I have stopped using the stretchmark stuff, rashes stopped alr. Using Cetaphil for moisturising, so far so good.

cheshire

Hi girls, do any of you have trouble sleeping at night or even suffer from insomnia since the pregnancy?
Before pregnancy I used to be able to fall asleep like within 3 mins, even sky fall also won't wake up. Basically can sleep like a pig. Now, can't sleep too early if not will wake up at 5am and then can't sleep. Pregnancy has confirmed changed my sleeping pattern.. Cannot take nap in the day if not at night can't sleep, so no matter how I try to not nap, even during weekends.

I realised if I do some yoga/stretching before sleeping I fall asleep better, sometimes never even wake up to pee. Last time I have never woken up to pee, but after pregnant started to.

belz

yea.. me too..i can pee like 2x in the middle of the night even thou i nv drink alot of water before slp.. i also cant slp much at nite.. then afternoon veri tired liao...

ynove

Hello cheshire

I think after c-section can... just that you need to wait longer to heal before getting the massage, as compared to natural delivery.

From Baby Bellies postnatal massage centre's website: Babies Bellies Javanese Massage & Spa

JAMU Post-Natal Massage Can Be Done After:

Normal Delivery - 4-5 days after delivery
Caesarian Delivery - 3 weeks to 1 month still subjected to your gynae's approval and your readiness for the massage
Ligation - 1 months 2 weeks still subjected to your gynae's approval and your readiness for the massage
Miscarriage - 4 - 5 days after delivery
Premature Delivery - Same as Normal or C-section depending on the type of delivery

Hope this helps!

Hi ynove and autumnfall,

my mum would be my confinement lady too. lols. she tried to find a good confinement lady but alot booked alr, so she'll be taking leave from work to help. But she's not the very traditional kind, so the confinement food she dunno how to cook. she's planning to order the food from www.confinementfood.com, recc by her colleague. I haven't look for jamu massage lady yet, cos dunno would end up caesarean anot..apparently is Csect cannot massage?

I have stopped using the stretchmark stuff, rashes stopped alr. Using Cetaphil for moisturising, so far so good.

Last edited:

ynove

hi alag

oh boy, yes!! since first tri until now, i wake up to pee at 5am and cannot go back to sleep. I hear a slight noise and i wake up suddenly (all of a sudden I'm a light sleeper). my hubby snores and i can't sleep (i've already gotten used to his snoring earlier on).

so now that i'm a light sleeper, i've resorted to sleeping with ear plugs in. i can sleep for more than 10 hours with those ear plugs!!!

yea.. me too..i can pee like 2x in the middle of the night even thou i nv drink alot of water before slp.. i also cant slp much at nite.. then afternoon veri tired liao...

alag

Hey guys, so I guess this is lack of sleep is prepping us for the future of night time feeding! Any tips on how to get back to sleep?

Like last night I woke up at 3 when my husband came home and couldn't fall asleep till 6 and I was waiting till 6:30 so I would go get McDonald's and passed out till 9 am. So tired after cleaning the house today and I just passed out from 2-4! Tonight is going to be bad again :(

ynove

That happened to me a few times! After a while, I realised that it's noise (whether loud or soft.. the smallest bit of noise!) that keeps me up. So when i started wearing ear plugs, I slept much better. Although I don't find it all that comfortable with ear plugs... but I treasure my sleep more at this point!

Been reading on pregnancy insomnia since 1st trimester, cos it was affecting me. These articles and remedies may help:
Sleep problem: Insomnia during pregnancy | BabyCenter
Insomnia During Pregnancy, Difficulty Sleeping During Pregnancy

Hey guys, so I guess this is lack of sleep is prepping us for the future of night time feeding! Any tips on how to get back to sleep?

Like last night I woke up at 3 when my husband came home and couldn't fall asleep till 6 and I was waiting till 6:30 so I would go get McDonald's and passed out till 9 am. So tired after cleaning the house today and I just passed out from 2-4! Tonight is going to be bad again :(

alag

Thanks for the links ynove! I am going to eat my sub slowly. And from reading the link, I also realized I drink way too much fluids at night!!

I also resumed and did my first pregnancy jog (since running is not allowed now) and I am hoping that my usual exercise routine puts me to sleep! :)

alag

Sw33tvanilla, I got bra extenders. My boobs haven't really gotten bigger. Just went up from 32 to 34.

But I definitely am braless more often at home now.

Haiz I sleep at 2am and wake up at 7... And fall aslp again and wake up at 11... Wonder what will happen when my leave ends this week.. Had some very hard time trying to fall asleep...

My chest has grown one cup bigger and my current bras are making my breasts itchy... Too small and uncomfortable... Think jus get nursing bra cuz can wear them during confinement and breast feeding as well...

V sad cuz lack of slp= more pimples... Sian...

ynove

I bought wireless bras from Marks and Spencer. Cos wired bras may cause your milk ducts to be blocked in near future. Yeah I got bra extenders too! May consider getting nursing bra cos I intend to breastfeed after giving birth, so might as well invest now.

ynove

Hi autumnfall,

Oh dear! I had itchy breasts too, for some time. I feel you! Haha. Ya better to get non-irritating bras that don't have scratchy material and don't hve seams at the nipples which chafe your nipples. Cotton is good!

Time to get bigger cup bras!

I went up one bra and cup size.

alag

I used to have the itch too but it went away when I used bra extenders.

Pardon my ignorance, but how different are nursing bras from normal ones?

belz

heyo, i m pretty blessful that i do not have morning sickness.. i m heading 15 weeks now.. so far everything is normal except that i dont like to eat rice now...whahaha... thats the onli symptom i have since i discover i m pregnant :p

alag i'm in my 16weeks now and i thk my boobs have up one size :(

anybody here who doesn't experience any morning sickness do..uring their 1st trimester?

ynove

Nursing bras are sometimes designed so that the clip is in front, mainly so that it's easy to remove and breastfeed or nurse your child at any time.

Maternity bras are simply bigger bras that have no wires. Usually they arr soft and cottony, and more expenseve. You can choose to buy these or simply normal wireless bras.