EDD April 2013..cont

belz

mummies..i guess as long as the babies are within the healthy range.. it does nt matter hw much weight we gain??? i gain 1kg also.. been thinking if i shld gain more coz i m afraid my baby will be underweight... but i guess i got to wait for my detailed scan.. i hope things goes well for me^^

cheshire

Agree! as long as baby is healthy it doesnt matter.

Xiuxiu, i also put on 7-8kg..lols. Starting to feel so blah and unglam! hehs

sVal

I bought my stroller n car seat at the last baby fair! Did some research before that n think the prices for the items I want will likely not go lower so made the purchases while I still am comfortable to shop! :) Next item I'm eyeing will be the cot/play pen!

Gg for my detailed scan on Tue! *excited*

sVal - Is yours from an agency? Am getting mine from PEM n it costs $2050 (additional $200 if you appoint a specific nanny).
Hi pigletbao,

Nope mine is fr malaysia. Through recommendation.

mikomiko

Just hope we are not the unfortunate ones who will vomit till pregnancy...

Hi all a very long time since I last logged in. Just found out from the gynae las week that I will be having a boy, but gynae only mentioned a 90% accuracy, not sure if detailed scan next week will return the same results.

Mikomiko, I am still vomitting, and I still feel nauseous. I am already 20 weeks, gynae says it will continue till the end of pregnancy for some :(

Anyway my detailed scan is next week, quite worried as sonographer will then be able to tell if baby is growing well. i have heard terrible stories of detailed scans which revealed very shocking results such as abnormal developments and stuffs. But so far, gynae says my baby is ok, so I am hoping baby is strong and healthy too cuz I am always sick and having nosebleeds every now and then.

Anyone else went for detailed scan already? Will the sonographer/ gynae be able to tell you how much the baby weigh and how the baby is positioned? I have only gained 2 kg, not sure if baby will be big enough. But gynae says no weight gain is a healthy sign lol, dont have to worry about excessive weight loss after birth... lol

Aprilaries

wow more and more mummies know the gender of the baby! im getting so excited although gynae mentioned that it should be a boy.. im waiting for my detailed scan on monday to be more firmed before i think of a name. hehe.. so far i have put on 4kgs.. im trying to eat healthy so that i can gain less than 12kg in this pregnancy. cause not easy for me the shed weight after birth

are you all feeling movements from baby? i dont seem to feel much. dont know is it because im too busy with work and number one.. gonna ask my gynae in the next visit.

alag

Thanks guys for the tip on confinement lady.. Piglet, I will call the place you mentioned.

Sigh breakout again! Happens whenever I take one prenatal vitamin instead of half.

cheshire

Hi mummies,

hope you're all doing great :) I'm 19 weeks now, starting to feel baby move alr..

Starting to do some shopping before tummy gets too big. hehs. Been researching on prams, it's super tedious IMO, didn't even research so thoroughly when i bought car or house. lols.

Have decided to get a Quinny Buzz 3, to use with Maxi Cosi Cabriofix. In case any of you are looking at the same pram, there's a website that sells them at a reasonable price. www.gloryspring.com.sg , came across it on motherhood forum.

As for Breastpump, SIL told me MUST get electronic pump, double. She recommended Medela. Prob getting the freestyle set. Would be getting the US set as it's much cheaper.. a few onlne sellers selling at $460-510.

Also came across the red castle cocoonababy, i think selling ard $350 in SG. looks soooo comfy! not sure if anyone knows whr to get good deal for that.

Can't wait for the next baby fair, apparently it would be in Feb 2013..but by that time our tummies would be huge alr. hehs.

cheshire

Hi Xiuxiu,

Haven't buy, more or less confirmed..deciding on the colors. Wanted normal black but I think no stock..prob getting the blackline. the prices are listed on the website. Last confirmed thru email was, Quinny Buzz 2012 in red rebel $800, pink/blue $820. Blackline ltd $850. Maxi cosi cabriofix intense red $330, deep red $310. If buy with Quinny buzz $30 off. maxi cosi easy base is $300, if bought tog with the car seat $20 off.

Do u think it's a gd deal? I'm thinking if I should just get the Quinny buzz. During recent baby fair, maxi cosi cabriofix was going at $269..dunno if next baby fair will have that promo. Dilemma...!

pigletbao

Hi Chesire,

Got my maxi cosi during the fair at $269. Came home to do a little research on the prices and found the prices at www.babytown.com.sg quite competitive to those at the fair (might even be cheaper for older colours!) You might wanna check it out? Have also found out that the yr merely affects the colours that were released and not the design/function. Hope this helps!

mapleleaves80

I think there's gonna be a baby fair at singapore expo in the wks of dec14-16. Im waiting for that! And at the same time hoping for sale fr dept stores like taka additional 10%off..hopefully will hv one in dec :)

cheshire

Hi Pigletbao,

thanks for sharing. $269 is a good deal. Guess i'll just get the Quinny Buzz from gloryspring, car seat wait first.

alag

Hi everyone, I have the sniffles now. I was wondering if you girls know if there is any safe over the counter medication I can take without seeing a doctor??

carlitos

All mummy, must sure your gynae fee include scrub test in the 37 weeks. Understand what is GBS as this is very important especially if you intend to have a nature delivery. Pls google GBS to understand what is this. It is very common of 20% mummy might carry GBS bacterial and it's possible to pass to the baby.

But this test will only conduct in the 37 weeks and thus gynae don't tell you . To ensure mummy free from GBS, personal hygiene is very important especially after you wee wee. Do invest a bidet in your wash room so that you can ensure more hygiene . Japan and Korean mummy have low % of GBS as they have bidet in every home and this is hardly see in Singapore .

There is few kind of bidet available locally, make sure you get those which provide for female or double nozzle type.

xiuxiu

hello mummies! I got the medela swing at $299 from Baby kingdom during the weekend. It comes with cooler bag, carrier bag and 4 medela bottles plus breastshield. Hope this is a good price. :)

Dear mummies, how long does it take to complete the detailed scanning? I have an appointment at Mt Alvernia at 11, but my detailed scanning is arranged at KK hospital at 9am, would I be able to finish the scan in time to rush for my appointment? Approx how Long does it take to finish the detailed scan?

Have you started feeling fetal movement Aldy? I'm 21 weeks this Thursday, started feeling some cramping from 18weeks, but I don't know how to tell if it's baby movement.

I read that it shld be a 'quickening' feeling, but I don't quite get it. Is it like a strain on the abdomen area? Btw, I have started showing, not very obvious but my tummy is bulging out a lil, how bout u guys? Isit obvious too?

sVal

Ya i got GBS during first trimester. But doc gave me antibiotics and said dunno wat fluid will be required during delivery.