EDD April 2013..cont

belz

detail scan take abt 30mins..depend hw co-operative is ur bb.. n depend the queue also... my appt for detail scan is 1145 but i got to wait till 1pm then my turn..

alag

I haven't felt movement yet. Should I be worried? :(

I am showing a lot! So much that even from frontal view, people give up their seats for me.

Hmm I don't think it's a problem, maybe u feel a slight movement but u dont knw what it is?

Im not showing that much but my hips are wider and rounder, Haiz quite unsightly when I looked into the mirror. Good for u u r showing, I think I only looked fat lol...

alag

Maybe... I go for my detailed scan next week so I will ask my gynae when I should be worried if I don't feel my baby kick.

Haha my arms have gotten bigger too but right now, I am really embracing the round bump. Don't worry, you will get there soon. I think it's because I eat a lot that why! :)

cheshire

Hi alag,

I'm quite big too. Been eating quite a lot, until husb also put on weight. haha. now 21 weeks. But maybe cos of the clothes i wear, some gimme this "are u pregnant or put on weight look". then they paiseh to ask me, and ask my closer friends and colleagues. Lols.

Hi Autumnfall,

I started feeling baby around 1-2 weeks ago. Very hard to explain how it feels..but when u feel it u'll know. It is not a crampy or strained feeling..Every felt ur tummy churn..? it's like a light churning in the womb to me, but very quick. Sometimes feels like someone flicked me from the inside, but very lightly. At first couldn't feel from outside, but now can alr. But my husb not patient enough to wait, so always never get to feel.

ynove

Haha... i think there's no question in people's minds when they see me - they know that I am pregnant! Cos my tummy has the round and slightly pointy shape. So interesting that there are so many different kinds of preggy belly shapes!

Btw ladies, Spring Maternity's Xmas sale has started. 10% off regular items, 15% off maternity apparel, and 5% additional off for members.
xmasmessage2 (1).jpg

I'm thinking of getting the Theraline pillow. Have been getting backaches and sleeping really badly - quite uncomfortable with the belly hanging out!

It's kinda strange, but I started feeling the baby turning at around 16 weeks. About 18 weeks I felt the first kick. Now baby is having a field day at 21 weeks :)
I think different people have different sensitivities to their bodies - baby is definitely moving and kicking, but we may not feel it.

belz

according to my gyane..we can feel the bb ard 23 weeks.. initially, it will be like stomach growling.. maybe u mummies can observe if that happen to u ^^i can feel it sometimes... but nt always..

Yah.. Maybe I haven't really feel my baby yet but sometimes I have this straining feeling when I walk too much and I don't knw what it is... Maybe jus me feeling tired...

I know it's bad but I try not to overeat so I'm jus gaining Arnd 2 to 3kg.. Starting from 19-20 weeks, I observed that my weight gain is really massive. It's like... U didn't really eat a lot but u are gaining weight real fast, hope it doesn't spiral out of control...

cheshire

Hi autumnfall,

don't worry..your weight gain is prolly just baby and the water and the boobs. hehs. wished i could be like u, be disciplined and don't eat so much. But I get hungry so easily and will feel nauseated if i don't eat. come to think of it, the straining feeling is not hunger right??

I think you should worry more if you don't put on weight at all. anyway hope u'll feel baby move soon :))

ynove

autumnfall, that straining feeling could be round ligament pain (belly muscles stretching as uterus becomes bigger), or simply cos your belly is now bigger and heavier. I'm beginning to feel a dragging-down pressure (and back aches) so i went and bought a maternity support band online that will relieve the weight of the belly that's pulling my front forward. I'm 21 weeks now.

It was kinda cute when I went for my detailed 20 week scan, and I saw baby kicking in the screen - and felt the kick in my belly at the same time. Hubby has started to feel the first kicks from the outside :) It merely feels like a muscle twitch on the outside, but on the inside I can feel baby kicking my bladder, my intestines, and my belly... the bladder kick is the strangest feeling of all!

cheshire

ynove,

u very pro! know where the baby is kicking.. my back is starting to ache too.

can i just check with u all, did your gynae specially arrange the detailed scan? or was it scheduled like a normal appointment?
cos my did not mentioned anything about any detailed scan..didn't preempt me that the next appointment would take longer or anything. my next appt is next tues, would be 22 weeks alr..

ynove

hi cheshire

not pro lah, just different sensitivity! some people can feel the kicks earlier than others.

it was my gynae's front desk staff (who handles the appointments) who scheduled my detailed scan. best to ask your gynae before your appt at 22 weeks. i did my scan at 21 weeks. I think the time frame for this scan is 20-24 weeks.

since by the time we're in our second trimester, our appts with our gynae is once every four weeks. so maybe you can call and ask your gynae this week. need to schedule early, cos your gynae's front desk needs to book the special ultrasound room at the hospital. this equipment your gynae most likely does not have. I'm at TMC.

cheshire

Hi ynove,

called the clinic but the receptionist said don't need to pre-arrange..her exact words were "Dr willl do the scan himself".. possible that my gynae has the machine...? so confused. shall see on tuesday.

Anw, i popped by taka recently. Quinny Buzz 2012 is going for $879 there, and maxi cosi cabriofix 2011 at $269. Thing is, i think next week there's a taka cardmember sale..10% off. and for the taka amex card, 6% rebate on top of the discount. quite good deal I think. I saw other brands having discount too..so u all might want to pop down to have a look :)

hwaa

theres a baby hyperstore at kaki bukit that sells huge collection of strollers, prams, bb seat, child seats etc.
theres another hyperstore baby kingdom just 1-2 mins down the street selling quite a variety of baby stuffs as well.
can go there and take a look.

theres play pan, breast pumps, baby cot, milk bottles etc.

alag

Hi guys, since most of you have done your detailed scan and all.. Can I ask if there are any important things I should ask the doctor about the baby at this point during pregnancy?

Also, I am heading to the US to buy baby stuff. Any idea what are must gets for cheaper deals?

Hi alag... kind hard to.describe how it feels but I usually feel my bb moving when I lie on my side on the bed... keep v still and u can feel a fluttering/bubbling feeling inside.. :)

hwaa

Hi hwaa... are the things over there cheaper then departmental stores?
i would say yes i guess. during weekends can see quite a crowd there.
they might have some bundled deals which the department stores dont have.
like eg. the medela breast pump bundled deal, the avent steriliser bundled deal.
department stalls may do other diff promo bundled package though.

they carry a wide range of brands of strollers, prams and car seats and
baby stuffs like bottles, napkins, shampoo etc.

eh price shld be good cos its kinda like warehouse type.
can do a google, alot of mummies know this place and all went there before..

belz

hi mummies...I juz started my online facebook shop selling clothes..there are some plus size dress which i think its worth buying.. no need to specially wear maternity clothes if you get wat i mean:001_302: there are some cool dress that make mummies look sexy at work during pregnancy too.. pls do support me and add be "Beliz Belinda" in facebook. I thank you in advance ^^