EDD April 2013..cont

Hi SherLee, I'm taking the New Obimin and Obical prescribed by my gyane, Dr KK Chow from Raffles Hospital. I may need to get fish oil from the clinic this coming saturday when i'm gg for my detail scan :tbounce:

Hi SherLee,

I'm taking Iron Pills, calcium, NeuroGain Fish oil and new obimin. I also stop taking my folic acid at the beginning of Trimester 2.

Have you mummies started looking at baby items and strollers? I have bought the package deal for sterilisation, food warmer and baby bottle from Tommee Tippee (Sales at Kiddy Palace). I did some research online and they claims that Tommee Tippee have the most natural teat (similar to mother's nipple) and thus reducing the difficulty of newborn switching between breastfeeding and bottle feeding. Nevertheless, the disadvantages is that Tommee Tippee teat does not comes in different opening (unlike NUK teats). Did you mummies standby 2 different botttle brands? My colleague was telling me she bought pigeon and tommee tippee bottles and apparently her daughter prefer the Pigeon one. So i'm not sure if that is a common practise.

In addition, when do you ladies think is the best time to purchase the baby pram? My husband was saying to wait for baby to be born and bring him to "choose" his own stroller. I'm currently researching into Combi Miracle Turn stroller, Maclaren Techno X stroller, and Capella S705. Anyone have any comment on the 3 strollers mentioned? Thanks.

I'm sorry if i sound abit kiasu, im someone that forward plan a little (abit too much sometimes.. LOL)..

SherLee

Thanks ladies to reply of supplements.... I jus went 4 my check up n doc say ONI cont to take Sangobion, Calcium n fish oil is gd enuf....

I jus bought bb stroller over the weeKend fm Baby Hypermart at Kaki Bukit. Bot Peg Prego Switch Four. They r having a mini expo sale at their showroom fm this Fri thru Sun. They claimed tat their price will b beta than expo bb fair price. U gals might wanna drop by n look look c c. I paid 4 my stroller but will collect nearer to my delivery date.

Combi Miracle Turn was my initial choice but then saw how sturdy Peg Prego was n my fren who has 2 kids highly recommend it. Combi is very light but some ppl said aft using for awhile the handles seems to b abit shaky. Peg Prego P3 has got very very gd review. Bout same price as Combi Miracle Turn.

if u r at bb Hypermart n wanna compare Combi w other brands, Baby Kingdom which is 2mins walk away carries Combi. N for ur info, bb Hypermart is the sole distributor for Peg Prego. Hapi shopping

pigletbao

Yup! Currently attending the one by TMC Parentcraft. Instructor is Mrs Wong Boh Boi and find her quite good & informative. Total of 6 lessons and have completed 3! :)

hwaa

yeah, we're currently attending mrs wong boh boi class as well. currently completed 3 lessons plus a talk, left 2 to go.

her classes is fun and informative and is v popular, usually full. need to book in advance.

initially abit reluctant to go but i kinda quite enjoy her lessons, quite abit of hands on and she's really committed and passionate abt her job.

pigletbao

Cheshire - We paid abt $360 I think coz am not delivering at TMC n yup, most ladies come with their hubbies. No extra cost. :) As Hwaa mentioned, her classes r popular n need to complete 2 mths before EDD...:)

Hi mummies, i just sign up for Wong Ah Boi's class as well. My first lesson will start on 2 February 2013 at AMK hub. Hope I can learn alot of things from her............

mikomiko

Can I ask how much you pay for the course with Tmc?

QUOTE=hellokittymum;736392]Hi mummies, i just sign up for Wong Ah Boi's class as well. My first lesson will start on 2 February 2013 at AMK hub. Hope I can learn alot of things from her............[/QUOTE]

Hi mikomiko

I'm not delivering at Thomson Medical so the price they quoted me is $361.06 (w GST). If other trainers would be $339.66 (w GST). The lady informed me that if i deliver at Thomson Medical, there would be a special rate, but I don't know how much is the rate cos I'm delivering at Raffles Hospital.

Cheers

Hellokittymum

mikomiko

Thx hellokittymum... my labour not at tmc too..planning to go for mount A.
However saw that the prenatal course offered in tmc seems more comprehensive than mount A,
So tot of considering tmc instead.

cheshire

Hi Miko,

How many weeks preg are u now? Cos I see on the website that we should be ard 20weeks at the start of the course. If I book now, the earliest date is 29 Jan. I would be like close to 30 weeks preg. Do u all think it's too late?

mikomiko

Hihi
I'm 20weeks +now. Just finished the scary process of receiving as my amino
test result.. thank God all OK and bb healthy...

Did amino test cos my Oscar results was really bad. So the earliest date for the course is late Jan?

hwaa

i think it shld be fine.. when we attended the 2nd lesson, there's a mummy who is 30wks as well..

and the rest of the mummies, some tummies are really huge!

Hi mummies

Does anyone has low placenta when you go for the detail scan? Mine is low but however my gynae inform me that it will slowly move up and by the time if my EDD is still low, i have to go for C-section.

mapleleaves80

Hi hellokittymum
I was also informed of low placenta when i went for my detailed scan 3wks ago but my gynae also said it will slowly move up eventually and she'll help me to observe. I've checked with a couple of my frens and they said it's quite normal so i think it shld be ok? Just be more careful and dont carry heavy things and do strenuous exercises

belz

i have book the parentcraft talk by Ms Wong...thanks mummies for the recommendation.. but i think i be starving when the talk is done at 9pm:(

alag

Don't worry about it. My is sitting low too but as long as the baby position is ok, a natural birth is still possible only that you may have to deliver earlier.

I heard walking a lot can cause that. So better heed advice from your gynae on your workouts too :)