EDD April 2013..cont

Hihi yasumi im having a boy, u? Mrs wong`s class is fun but am afraid I will give birth before completion of course. I only signed up in early jan and I waited a month for the class to begin.

I bought my baby clothes from the expo baby fair last week, didnt buy much but will definitely look at gmarket too lol...

My hubby's fren is coming over to tok abt insurance policies on mon, maybe will share what we have gotten here so we can all compare n see which is better.. heard its better to get it now so that if baby is borned with problems (touch wood) we can claim immediately. But actually a gd hospitalisation and health insurance would suffice...

Any idea what to pack for hospital stay? Lol abit kiasu to pack now but wana prepare early.. anyone has swelling feet aldy? My feet started sweling 2 weeks ago, I cut down on sugary and salty stuffs, it got better for a while n now its worse...

Dear iceydragon81, thanks for the information. :) Didn't know it is not advisable during breast feeding as well!! Guess I will just have to tolerate a couple more months for baby's sake.

Are you having your first baby as well? Are you going to buy the breast milk pump before giving birth? All other mummy-to-bes planning to breastfeed?
hi yasumi

this is my #2. i will get the breast pump maybe in march, my due is on 2nd apr. will be buying preloved pump since i will not be using for long. intend to get freeystyle medela as it has massage and pumping function. so i no need to massage prior to pumping. :)

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is coping well! 3rd trimester now and I think probably just 10 more weeks to endure for most of us :) have started my first parentcraft lesson with mrs wong las week and the next lesson is after cny, really worried I will.be toooo big by then...

Did anyone purchase insurance for baby? If yes, when is the best time to buy? Before birth or after that? And anyone banking with stemcord or cordlife? Was thinking of donating it to public hospital as there is still no statistics to prove if its useful...

Anyway baby clothes I only started buying recently.. any lobangs for cheap infant wear?

Hi Autumnfall

I also started my 1st lesson with Mrs Wong on 26/1/2013 and my next lesson will resume on 23/2/2013. Maybe we are in the same class....

Oh mine was las tues n next lesson is very far away, after cny. How come they stop lesson for so long? And what happens if we happened to deliver before that? My edd is 11 april, kinda worried if I can complete the course on time...

I checked baby insurance, insurer (great eastern) says can buy after baby born, arnd 100 bucks for hospitalisation and medical care... but I heard prudential has the best policy for babies, me dont like prudential though...

Im buying cheap avent pumps though cuz not sure if I will have milk... jus buy it before birth cuz warranty starts one the day u purchase.. heard its cheaper to get it online... will be checking ebay usa for better deals... hehe

Hi autumnfall, me also jus started class last week, though not with Wong boi boi...
I also noticed they have a two week break and I'm also worried I may already be due for labour before the course ends because my due date is 4/4!

Worrying! And I realize I dun remember the exercises the teacher taught us last week already! My memory getting bad to worse!

My feet also have started swelling quite terribly, even though I sleep with a pillow holding up my feet.

i feel rather sleep deprived already too, cos my boy has been waking my up with his sudden kicks, quite well timed at specific hours!
pwell at least I'd know he is a baby who can keep to schedules next time when doing breast feeding !

:wong19:

Anyway, lets add oil for this last trimester gals!

Last lap to go before we meet our little princes and princesses face to face!

sVal

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is coping well! 3rd trimester now and I think probably just 10 more weeks to endure for most of us :) have started my first parentcraft lesson with mrs wong las week and the next lesson is after cny, really worried I will.be toooo big by then...

Did anyone purchase insurance for baby? If yes, when is the best time to buy? Before birth or after that? And anyone banking with stemcord or cordlife? Was thinking of donating it to public hospital as there is still no statistics to prove if its useful...

Anyway baby clothes I only started buying recently.. any lobangs for cheap infant wear?
Hi autumnfall,
I bought insurance from prudential which covers mum then switch to bb after birth. Sign up for cordlife during expo bb fair. Can use CDA acct to pay.

Heyhey can share bout what the prudential plan covers...? How much did u pay? I intend to donate the stemcord to public hospital as I heard theres no substantial evidence and extensive research in stemcord storage and if baby has problems, the stemblood usually cannot be used.

If you donate it to public hospital, the next time round if baby needs it (touch wood) , they will.be able to get u a substitute at a minimal cost.

Anyway, I will just donate it to help other children in need as the stemcord storage is so expensive...

Hi mummies, if I due on 2nd apr, now too early to buy 2nd hand breast pump? I saw a few offers on medela freestyle prelove but no warranty so thinking to buy now or wait for another month. What do u all think?

sVal

Hi autumnfall,
My prudential insurance covers mummy fr any complications until birth n mthly premium is $100 n got to pay one time $320 so as to transfer policy to bb aft birth. After birth, it will covers the baby for any illness. Coz if got illness then cannot buy insurance. N it will be investment plus life policy aft birth.
U can go http://www.prudential.com.sg/corp/prudential_en_sg/solutions/protect/PRUfirst_gift.html for more details.

Hi mummies, if I due on 2nd apr, now too early to buy 2nd hand breast pump? I saw a few offers on medela freestyle prelove but no warranty so thinking to buy now or wait for another month. What do u all think?
Hi mummies no need reply me on this as I was too tempted by the good offer n had bought the pump yesterday :)

Apr gal

Hi, any mummies interested to get Avents sterilizer? I hv extra 2sets as gift from frens. Brand new in box, US set. Selling at SGD 75. If interested pls PM me. Thanks.

alag

I got the prudential one too! And I like how I pay a few more dollars after the baby is born as a security. Meaning if anything happens to me as the payer of the premiums, this extra bit will cover the baby's premiums all the way!

pigletbao

Yes! How time flies!! Baby has just turned 32 weeks today! In just a few weeks, we'll see our little one...:)

Blessed lunar new yr to all mummies who are celebrating and a good break to those who aren't! :)