EDD April Mummies

Hi Gimmiepink,

I got depression even before i got preggy already.. was having anti depressant.. then baby come.. doc say either change medicine or stop medication.. so i stopped..

i duno abt u, but usually i feel calmer after i cried.. so when im feeling really depressed, i jus cry..

frankly i think 3rd trimester is trimester 1 + ever increasing load in our tummy.. hence, i think.. it b the worst trimester of all? but its really the last and final shot.. also because our hormones is going up again, thats y all getting very emotional over every single thing. whenever im feeling breathless (which im really scared, worried that i cant catch my breath and jus die like that).. my hubby will ask me to distract myself... play iphone, watch tv, listen to radio, go take a shower, sleep?

My hubby started to tell me things like "辛苦你了", asking the baby b good, dun keep pushing up, let me breath.. then say after preggy ask me to think of a preggy and he will buy for me..

try to think positive like holding your baby in your arms.. then u can smell the baby.. see your baby smile.. all these crying will seem so small...

think we jus feel v trapped and just want to be normal again.. think the best way is really to distract distract and distract.. 3 months will zoom!! looking back at my horrible Trimester 1, i also duno how i pull thru.. i vomitted like 8 times a day max that time.... but this time will be the same, we will all pull thru again the same!!
Yes.. totally agree with Jofeny..gimmiepink, if u feel like crying just let it go... no good to keep everything inside u.. bb will feel it.
but always think that soon we will have our little bb in our arms, that will help to distract us.. everything will be worth it!
otherwise just come to the forum to rant or vent it out, we are here to support each other..
jia you :)

Jofeny

Hi mummies,
hope u all have enjoyed ur CNY! I enjoyed mine but was quite tiring too. Hehe
yd went for my routine check up. Told my Gynae abt my concern. Coz ppl commenting tat I dun look like 6.5 mths preg. Coz Tummy looks small. So my Gynae did check bb weight n bb thigh. Everything is perfect. He asked me dun worry abt other ppl comments as bb r doing great. Now 25 weeks, bb weighing at 1kg slightly above average :) so am quite happy. N I am starting to gain weight. But this 2nd preg weight gain quite slow as of now I gain onli 2kg. So happy hehe
ya.. my tummy is small too! i have a gf who is 16 weeks preggy and when we are comparing against each other.. we look the same lo! everyone is laughing... duno issit she big or i small.. but small is good la (when baby weight is ok).. it shows our tummy got muscle to hold the baby in place.. i watched that on TV and the gynae commented on that..

i gained abt 6kg as of now.. and my cousin told me her preggy she gained 20kg!! OMG!! but luckily my gaining are all to my tummy and butt i think... my limps and face still looks ok to me..

but chinese new year really makes me the center of attaction.. everyone eyeing how much i have been eating la.. then comment.. AIYO, u eat so little, baby how to grow... 3rd trimester already appetite should be v good.. why yours still so small... then suddenly in front of me will pop a lot of plates and dishes of food... faint.. haha..

look at myself at the mirror i feel ugly :(.. never been so FAT in my life before.. now, even those medium sized pants that i bought for my preggy , i cant wear them anymore! im now at the L range already.. my gynae check will b next week.. really look forward to each gynae check, cos im nearer to the due date.. i really want to be back to normal!! and eat my laksa and tom yum soup!! my baby doesnt like... deprived for so long already..

Dilys

Hi mummies,
hope u all have enjoyed ur CNY! I enjoyed mine but was quite tiring too. Hehe
yd went for my routine check up. Told my Gynae abt my concern. Coz ppl commenting tat I dun look like 6.5 mths preg. Coz Tummy looks small. So my Gynae did check bb weight n bb thigh. Everything is perfect. He asked me dun worry abt other ppl comments as bb r doing great. Now 25 weeks, bb weighing at 1kg slightly above average :) so am quite happy. N I am starting to gain weight. But this 2nd preg weight gain quite slow as of now I gain onli 2kg. So happy hehe
Hi huafen,

Great that you and baby all well! Haha don't worry about others comment. Just laugh it off !! :) I would prefer a small tummy at least it's manageable haha.. :) Jia you

Dilys

Yes.. totally agree with Jofeny..gimmiepink, if u feel like crying just let it go... no good to keep everything inside u.. bb will feel it.
but always think that soon we will have our little bb in our arms, that will help to distract us.. everything will be worth it!
otherwise just come to the forum to rant or vent it out, we are here to support each other..
jia you :)
Haha sometimes I feel like crying also... Cos of the backpain & sleepless night .. But I hold back my tears I will just talk to my hubby how I feel. After pouring out.. I will feel better :)

Huafen83

Thanks mummy. Ya having a small tummy is gd. But already started to have backache if stand or sit too long. Peeing in the nite still not so bad for me.

I been eating alot of junk food during cny. Eat non stop till my hubby has to stop me hahaha

Jofeny n gimmiepink, think of ur bb inside u may be depression will be disappear or like dilys tok to ur hubby n u will feel better. I believe if u cry ur hubby will be more panic coz they won't know wat to do to comfort u all too. If not can go for a slow walk :)

Jofeny

Hi mummies, can I check if you girls need to place any deposit when booking hospital? Have you placed the money already?

I'm thinking c sect, 1 bedded at Tmc. According to my gynae deposit is $3.3k. But my Fren mount A, she says hers is placed on her actual day of delivery.

Huafen83

Hi Jofeny,

I have not placed any deposit.. according to the Gleneagles hospital staff, will place the deposit on the day of delivery. :)
2ndtimemum I already place mine. Kaisu for me haha coz sacred on the day will have lots of things to do. Gleneagles price increase le. Roughly abt $200. But since u hafnt place deposit. Will they use the new rates?

2ndtimemum I already place mine. Kaisu for me haha coz sacred on the day will have lots of things to do. Gleneagles price increase le. Roughly abt $200. But since u hafnt place deposit. Will they use the new rates?
Hi Huafen83,

Nope, the admission staff that they will use the old rates so long as we 'reserved' the rooms. They mentioned to pay a deposit of $2.2K upon admission for delivery. :)
It is written on the admission letter. :)

Jofeny

Thanks mummy. Ya having a small tummy is gd. But already started to have backache if stand or sit too long. Peeing in the nite still not so bad for me.

I been eating alot of junk food during cny. Eat non stop till my hubby has to stop me hahaha

Jofeny n gimmiepink, think of ur bb inside u may be depression will be disappear or like dilys tok to ur hubby n u will feel better. I believe if u cry ur hubby will be more panic coz they won't know wat to do to comfort u all too. If not can go for a slow walk :)
Ha.. I'm a cry baby la.. When I cry jus need him to sayang me then ok already.. My hubby will b the last to panic even when the sky is falling. Haha!!

Jofeny

Hi Huafen83,

Nope, the admission staff that they will use the old rates so long as we 'reserved' the rooms. They mentioned to pay a deposit of $2.2K upon admission for delivery. :)
It is written on the admission letter. :)
Ok, cos next week I'm seeing my gynae. So I duno if I shd b prepared to pay for the admission next week or until I deliver.

But a bit sian. So many stories of TMC running out of beds.. N mummies got to downgrade etc.. I'm not that ok with sharing room cos I'm a scaredy cat.. I think first preggy hubby b with me I feel more secure.. Even my Fren who jus delivered didn't get the room she wants.. ESP this year is Dragon year..

paul

Ok, cos next week I'm seeing my gynae. So I duno if I shd b prepared to pay for the admission next week or until I deliver.

But a bit sian. So many stories of TMC running out of beds.. N mummies got to downgrade etc.. I'm not that ok with sharing room cos I'm a scaredy cat.. I think first preggy hubby b with me I feel more secure.. Even my Fren who jus delivered didn't get the room she wants.. ESP this year is Dragon year..
Dear Jofeny,

Keep me informed. I also signed up for TMC as my doc is in TMC. I signed up for FBI also. I plan to get a 2 bedder as I think 1 bedder too exp. Heard fr my frens TMC standard dropped. Glen is gd bt exp also.

chrio

Hi all mummies,

I heard all mummies enjoyed so much during CNY together w/family and friends, my mother and sister-in-law just went back home yesterday morning and Me and hubby back to reality only 2 of us and our baby, i told to my hubby can you stay with us and not to work first coz im alone again then tears fall down can't control . . . crying again. . . My hubby said ok.i will stay just to stop me from crying. . . And hug and kiss me and baby. . .
But i need to be strong for our baby . . . Be Strong, be strong. .God pls help.me. . .
At the moment trying my best to distract my depression by doing cross stich, reading our forums, plying games watching tv and listening music. . .
By right, my appointment is on 31st of Jan. but i just called to changed it tomorrow coz my hubby off day tom. Yehey hubby off day .and he is not available on 31st,
my tummy also look small today i exactly 27 weeks, my gf at 27 weeks her tummy so big maybe bec.of the size of the body also, an tom.will ask also the weight of my little one and ask for the package,
can i ask with u mummies if i will get the package is it including the bed or do i need to ask to reserve for me. . .Confuse. . .

Oic.. TMC running out of beds? Not sure abt Gleneagles, have not heard anything like this. But I'm surprised even if we pay for the admission or deposit, and by then there is not enough bed, they may downgrade us too. :(

Hi all mummies,

I heard all mummies enjoyed so much during CNY together w/family and friends, my mother and sister-in-law just went back home yesterday morning and Me and hubby back to reality only 2 of us and our baby, i told to my hubby can you stay with us and not to work first coz im alone again then tears fall down can't control . . . crying again. . . My hubby said ok.i will stay just to stop me from crying. . . And hug and kiss me and baby. . .
But i need to be strong for our baby . . . Be Strong, be strong. .God pls help.me. . .
At the moment trying my best to distract my depression by doing cross stich, reading our forums, plying games watching tv and listening music. . .
By right, my appointment is on 31st of Jan. but i just called to changed it tomorrow coz my hubby off day tom. Yehey hubby off day .and he is not available on 31st,
my tummy also look small today i exactly 27 weeks, my gf at 27 weeks her tummy so big maybe bec.of the size of the body also, an tom.will ask also the weight of my little one and ask for the package,
can i ask with u mummies if i will get the package is it including the bed or do i need to ask to reserve for me. . .Confuse. . .
Hi Chrio,

Be strong for your baby, I understand it is not easy to be alone at home but your hubby needs to work to bring the bread home for the family.
You are doing great to keep your mind occupied, just hang on. :)
May be you would like to check with your doc about the package and bed :)
Jia you.

Dilys

Hi mummies, can I check if you girls need to place any deposit when booking hospital? Have you placed the money already?

I'm thinking c sect, 1 bedded at Tmc. According to my gynae deposit is $3.3k. But my Fren mount A, she says hers is placed on her actual day of delivery.
Mummy jofeny,

We don't need to place any deposit yet, on the day on admission than u pay in cash !

Jofeny

Dear Jofeny,

Keep me informed. I also signed up for TMC as my doc is in TMC. I signed up for FBI also. I plan to get a 2 bedder as I think 1 bedder too exp. Heard fr my frens TMC standard dropped. Glen is gd bt exp also.
Ya.. But no choice leh.. Too many babies (but our PM say not enuff) n beds not enuff..

Never mind I will jus pray. I'm sure I will get a bed I wan! Hahaha!!

I can't change hospital now cos gynae only delivers in Tmc, unless I change gynae.. Which doesn't make sense..

Ok will let u know if I make my deposit next week at my gynae.. :)

Dilys

Hi all mummies,

Hi chrio,

Be positive ! :) everything will be over soon . Oh where r u going to deliver?? From what I know hospital can't reserve any bed for you, it really depends on the day of delivery which room is available. If the bed chooses not available they will try to transfer you ASAP to your preferred bedded.
Jia you !!!

Jofeny

Hi all mummies,

Hi Chrio,

The fee that is shown on the package to me only includes hospital stay n delivery charges. I'm sure there will b many other cost that will b added to the sum that I see.

Chrio b strong! We r 66% thru the battle already. Though I'm not totally bed rest, but I'm panting like a pig everywhere I go. Need my hubby to carry my bag, n he got to ensure I dun waste too much energy walking from one place to another. So at the end, I also dun like to go out. Tomolo got frens gathering I ask them to come my place cos I no energy to go out. Food will b pizza. So if they wan gambling jus self service, if tired I will jus rest in my room. Haha! We will b there very soon!! :)

Jofeny

Dear mummies,

We r at our third trimester and it's very important for us to set aside sometime to count your baby kicks. Please read the link:

Frequently Asked Questions about Baby Kick Counting and Kick Counts - BabyKick.com

For mums who are busy to read, in summary:
- count 10 movements (movement can b kicks, rolls etc) of baby in 2hrs. Usually bb will complete in 30mins.
- if bb not responding, count again for the next 2hrs. Drink cold water or eat something to excite bb a bit.
- if bb got very little movement in a day, please visit your gynae immediately!!
- count at least once a day

I have a gf who lost her baby jus last year because she didn't track her bb movements as she was very busy with work. It's really v sad. The cord was actually round the bb neck. :( It's not something that doesn't happen. So let's jus give our bb sometime to shake their butt n legs n let's count them everyday.. Jia you!!!! Last lap!!!!

Last edited: