EDD April Mummies

Jofeny

Baby head down you will feel kicks below your breast n your tummy area will be itchy most time.
My pimples just cleared 2 weeks ago completely so keep fingers cross it wouldnt come back again !

Oh yes I am using a little baby pillow to put under my Tummy. I find that pregg pillow no use. The little pillow I am supporting my baby"s sleeping pillow & breast feeding supporting pillow when he is out .. So I m letting him get use to his new pillow now before he arrived!
Ok, then I think he is facing down. The kicks r always on the "High" side.. Abv my belly, below my breast..

Oh I dun have any breastfeeding pillow.. Hmm.. Maybe need to keep a lookout..

Dilys

I just emailed my gynae this morning, and i am requesting medicine for tightening as i am so bother about that as i told my gynae i still want to ask a lot questions but unfortunately he rushing go as he got an emergency, then my gynae said he will give me a med.for contraction/tightening to prevent it he just told me to come down to the clinic and get it but i cannot travel so i ask my hubby to go n collect it. Finally. He will give me medicine . . .
Hi chrio,

Wa your gynae really very busy. He feel safe to give your med without looking at your current condition??
If is my gynae he won't allow that even if how busy he is he will make sure I come back the next day when he can explain to me everything instead of rushing.

I don't know if yours consider contractions .. So it's better to double check 1st before taking. If its confirmed not contractions, after taking the pills might have side effect. Try to relax urself 1st if encounter contractions.. See how it goes before considering taking any med.

Jofeny

Hi chrio,

Google not really accurate! My gynae was telling me that it's best for baby to turn down at 36wks. 28 wks still too early for baby to heads down.. Some baby head down they will engaged earlier than delivery date. Baby will have the risk in engaging too early pre maturely.. If baby head down + contractions.. High risk that you will dilated earlier .
Hmm.. During my last gynae check, the gynae mentioned something like the position for bb during third trimester will b fixed (ie: head down).. Maybe really need to check with her again.. My gynae check is 4th feb.

Dilys

Ok, then I think he is facing down. The kicks r always on the "High" side.. Abv my belly, below my breast..

Oh I dun have any breastfeeding pillow.. Hmm.. Maybe need to keep a lookout..
As long as u have no contractions u will be fine :)

Oh sorry I was saying that now the little pillow supporting my tummy will be used as baby"s sleeping pillow & his breastfeeding pillow when he is out! At least he got used his pillow before arrival.

Don't need to really go n buy a specially breastfeeding pillow.
Some of my friends are using those beanhusk pillow as a support pillow for tummy then be used for breastfeeding & baby sleeping pillow!

Dilys

Hmm.. During my last gynae check, the gynae mentioned something like the position for bb during third trimester will b fixed (ie: head down).. Maybe really need to check with her again.. My gynae check is 4th feb.
Huh?? Ur gynae told u that... Baby will not position will not fixed. They will still turn even till a day edd. A few of my friends having baby"s head down at around 30wks end up baby bleech a day before edd.

chrio

Hi Dilys,
Yes my gynae super duper busy as he is Professor n Senior Consultant, consultation fee so expensive $100, actually he did checked my stitch and baby's heartbeat to know if i have contractions, by monitoring the baby's heartbeat they can check whether i have contraction or not dr.told me NO contraction, so i feel relieved thanks God, but got no chance to ask questions n request for medicine. Overall he know my history. . .Actually he dont want to give me but i insist only.

chrio

Different gynae have different explanations, confuse us only. . .
But whatever it is only God knows everything, we just pray very hard that all mummies here will carry all into full term baby and safe delivery. . .

Dilys

Hi Dilys,
Yes my gynae super duper busy as he is Professor n Senior Consultant, consultation fee so expensive $100, actually he did checked my stitch and baby's heartbeat to know if i have contractions, by monitoring the baby's heartbeat they can check whether i have contraction or not dr.told me NO contraction, so i feel relieved thanks God, but got no chance to ask questions n request for medicine. Overall he know my history. . .Actually he dont want to give me but i insist only.
Hi chrio,

Ur gynae from kk right ?? Hmmm.. Actually if your gynae mention that you have no contraction during your check. He should be firm in his part not to give you any med even you insist. He should check again if you really needs it then give it to u.

By giving you med just like that.. Ermmm actually not safe..touch wood if anything happened.. Gynae will not hold any responsible of anything cos" they will end up saying that u insist on requesting the med.

Hmm taking the med for contraction is no joke.. If Urs not the so called contraction .. It might effect ur "real contraction" . The med will given will be very very sleepy & giddy.

chrio

Hi Dilys, all mummies,
Have u experience tightening on the righ side of your belly? As i'm experiencing it. . .i always thought my galbladder is full i always want to pee. . .

Dilys

Hi Dilys, all mummies,
Have u experience tightening on the righ side of your belly? As i'm experiencing it. . .i always thought my galbladder is full i always want to pee. . .
Hi chrio,

Hmmm tightening ... U mean baby stretching that cause the tightening??
I am peeing alot now as baby keeping kicking very hard downwards. But i tried to baby massage my tummy so his legs turns away either left or right that's helps alot to control my frequent nite pee!

Huafen83

Hi dilys yup I deliver my no.1 naturally wif the help of epidural. So this time I hope I can do wo epidural :) coz the first time the epidural lost effect on me I still suffer from the labour pain n no joke it's very painful.

Chrio sometime tighening becoz bb is stretching. May be u can jux massage tat area n it will go away. Tats y sometime stomach will go out of shape hahaha

ya head down bb will still turn up. Even though I hope he won't turn up again but I hope he won't engage early too if not I headache ar haha coz still have to work. Now I onli hope 36 weeks will come faster!!!

Dilys

Hi dilys yup I deliver my no.1 naturally wif the help of epidural. So this time I hope I can do wo epidural :) coz the first time the epidural lost effect on me I still suffer from the labour pain n no joke it's very painful.

Chrio sometime tighening becoz bb is stretching. May be u can jux massage tat area n it will go away. Tats y sometime stomach will go out of shape hahaha

ya head down bb will still turn up. Even though I hope he won't turn up again but I hope he won't engage early too if not I headache ar haha coz still have to work. Now I onli hope 36 weeks will come faster!!!
Hi huafen,

Thanks for sharing..Huh... Epidural lose effect on u ... What happen?? I heard sometimes epidural not inject properly that only numb 1 side of lower body than both side .. It's scary.. :) whats ur #1 weight during delivery?? Haha my doc also estimated around 36-37weeks might be earlier than edd. :) the day is getting near.. The nervous feeling is coming up :)

Last edited:
Hi All Mummies,

I just got back home from KKHospital, firstly i am expecting to answer all my questions from my gynae and be satisfied for the answer however, my gynae rushing as he going to deliver a baby but anyway knowing my baby is healthy and fine that is what matter most to me.
I told to my gynae that i had a contraction this past few days then he check my cervix he inserted something so pain leh, then he told my stitch is closed and its fine, then he asked the nurse to check my baby's heartbeat, they check and monitor for about 20 min.then dr.read the report again he said everythong is fine, contraction is merely brxton hicks never give me any medication i still want to ask butmy gynae told to the nurse he will see me again in 3weeks time, still want to ask but nvr lah his in a hurry as long as i know my baby doing fine im ok. With it, . . .Overall thanks God for my baby is safe and sound inside of me. . .
@2ndtimemum, have you experience this before bout checking of babys hearthbit? Thnks for the advance reply.

@mummy Jofeny, we are still blessed to have a very kind and loving husband. . .take care stay positive
Hi Chrio,

Yes, I have this experience of this checking baby's heartbeat and contraction for my 1st pregnancy. The doc just want to be sure that everything is ok, nothing much to worry about. :)

Been a long long time since I post here.

My Ds2 is born on 11.01.2012 with no heartbeat...

mummies pls take note of fetal movements everyday.
pls do not b like mi,being too busy n neglected e FM.

Take care,all mummies....
Hi Princessminn,

I had lost 2 beautiful angels as well, and understand the pain. We are here if you need a listening ear.
Take care... *hugs hugs*

Last edited:
Hi Dilys, all mummies,
Hi Chrio,

At times tightening is baby stretching, not necessary is contractions and dilys is right, the doc should not prescribe the medication w/o seeing u although he knows your condition. Well, anyway, he is one of the doc that never provide me with comfort when I lost my 2 precious.
It is still better to check if it is real contractions before u that the med.
Take care

gimmiepink

Hi Dilys,
Hi Chrio,

Does your gynae happen to be Dr Han from KKH? i had him initially and felt he was so busy he neglected alot of personal care other gynae's gave and yet charged a super high fee. Hence i changed to another gynae my friend recommended me.

gimmiepink

I'm still considering. Most of our friends force themselves to do it without epidural so they can feel like a "real" mum going through all the pain. None of them regretted the pain of the total natural birth. However according to my hubby, their husband advise me to take becos although the labour pain is bearable, the pushing part is really very unbearable. Really afraid that if i go without epidural like them.. den when it come to the pushing part and i cant take it anymore, the doc with say its too late to inject already.

Dilys

I'm still considering. Most of our friends force themselves to do it without epidural so they can feel like a "real" mum going through all the pain. None of them regretted the pain of the total natural birth. However according to my hubby, their husband advise me to take becos although the labour pain is bearable, the pushing part is really very unbearable. Really afraid that if i go without epidural like them.. den when it come to the pushing part and i cant take it anymore, the doc with say its too late to inject already.
Hi gimmepink,

Don't worry .. Giving birth with or without epidural even c-section you are already a real mum. Choose what is best for you & comfortable for u :) we are already great mummy going tru pregnancy.. :) Jia you !!

gimmiepink

Hi gimmepink,

Don't worry .. Giving birth with or without epidural even c-section you are already a real mum. Choose what is best for you & comfortable for u :) we are already great mummy going tru pregnancy.. :) Jia you !!
haha..yeah but its like my friend's hubbies will say things like "seeing your wives go through the painful giving birth process will make u feel very guilty n want to shower her with love even more and take care and protect her more" or like my own hubby says " i think u better take epidural cos no pain" its like they all see as epidural easy way out no pain at all..when im sure its still pain just lesser i guess.. Though he also got say if i dont take epidural he will use that money to buy me a LV bag..lol (which im sure i wouldnt buy cos i'll rather spend it on the baby stuff anyway"

Argh..I'm so scared of pain! even c-section i scared becos i know the recovery period is way more painful den natural. So epidural seems like the easiest way out..LOl

oh well.. have to put a deposit of 1.2k and book my room and all by next appt though (11Feb).

Dilys

haha..yeah but its like my friend's hubbies will say things like "seeing your wives go through the painful giving birth process will make u feel very guilty n want to shower her with love even more and take care and protect her more" or like my own hubby says " i think u better take epidural cos no pain" its like they all see as epidural easy way out no pain at all..when im sure its still pain just lesser i guess.. Though he also got say if i dont take epidural he will use that money to buy me a LV bag..lol (which im sure i wouldnt buy cos i'll rather spend it on the baby stuff anyway"

Argh..I'm so scared of pain! even c-section i scared becos i know the recovery period is way more painful den natural. So epidural seems like the easiest way out..LOl

oh well.. have to put a deposit of 1.2k and book my room and all by next appt though (11Feb).

Hi gimmepink,

I think you are the youngest in April mummies right !! I am sure u can do it .. Don't worry about the pain now ... The more u think the more u feel scared. Haha.. Actually taking epidural is cheaper than buying a LV bag.. A few hundreds top up only. Dont worry about the cost also.. If u need it take it.
I think taking epidural is no pain tru out the delivery process but pain will comes after that when epidural wear off after delivery.
Without taking you will pain all the way tru till u got use to the pain.. After delivery u will just feel no pain anymore. (*provided they inject the epidural properly & numb you well)

Wow so fast u pay deposit already huh... ?