EDD April Mummies

Dilys

YEah.. Just 1 day difference.. :)

You should weigh and monitor your weight gain k.. I was shocked when I saw that I lost about 1 kg even with the growing tummy size hahah... Same as Dilys... But if your BMI is below average, I think it is ok to gain a little more weight during pregnancy...
Hey Cristae,

We are fine .. to lose weight ... cos' actually we don't really have appeitee so its normal. :)

hi mummies, i'm new here. preggie with my 1st baby, now into my 9th week. my EDD is somewhere in end April and im super excited!! so far, my morning sickness is pretty bad although there is no actual vomiting. i just feel sick and nauseous every single day esp in the morning but it stretches into the night! can't stand perfume smells, durians (which i used to love) and i'm getting small pimply bumps around my forehead. i never felt so sick before but hanging on still for the sake of my little one. my gynae appt is tomorrow and i can't wait to see my baby!!

yuzudinga

hi mummies, i'm new here. preggie with my 1st baby, now into my 9th week. my EDD is somewhere in end April and im super excited!! so far, my morning sickness is pretty bad although there is no actual vomiting. i just feel sick and nauseous every single day esp in the morning but it stretches into the night! can't stand perfume smells, durians (which i used to love) and i'm getting small pimply bumps around my forehead. i never felt so sick before but hanging on still for the sake of my little one. my gynae appt is tomorrow and i can't wait to see my baby!!
welcome n jiayou! :)

D_I

Congrates!! .. I am feeling so sleepy and totally no mood to work.. OMG!

Dilys

Welcome .. Wondershine... I am also in my 9 week . Is it your 1st gynae appt tomorrow?? so excited .. you should be able to hear bb heartbeat. I don't have much MS now anymore ..Same like u ..I can't stand perfume smell and getting small pimply bumps on my forehead. But I still love durian as much as I do. Don't worry.. Jia you .... If you have no appeittee have some dry crackers, milo or cereal. Talk to your baby .. your baby will listen to you. Tell your little one to be good, tell bb you love her/him. Then sometimes it will make you feel better.

haha .. it may sound silly .. but it really works for me..my hubby will lying on my tummy & mumbling don't know what to bb. haha you will have a good sleep. But remember never praise that your bb is very good very quiet ... oh you will have a hard time sleeping. Try it .. see if it works on you . Jia you !

Anxious31

Anyone suffering heartburn? I get worse after taking Duphaston and multivit.... Vomited last night and feeling terrible right now....

Dilys

Anyone suffering heartburn? I get worse after taking Duphaston and multivit.... Vomited last night and feeling terrible right now....
Hi Anxious31,

Taking Dupheston and multvit won't cause heartburn. Maybe it's your food intake. Don't take spicy food. You may want to lift your pillow higher while you are lying down to prevent gastric backflow that cause heartburn. Take some biscuit to absorb extra gastric acid you may feel better. Don't drink water and food together, take them seperately 20 mins difference. As intake of water & food together cause more acid. Jia you .. take care

Anxious31

Hi Anxious31,

Taking Dupheston and multvit won't cause heartburn. Maybe it's your food intake. dont't take spicy food. You may want to lift your pillow higher while you are lying down to prevent gastric backflow that cause heartburn. Take some biscuit to absorb extra gastric acid you may feel better. dont't drink water and food together, take them seperately 20 mins difference. As intake of water & food together cause more acid. Jia you .. take care

Thanks Dilys. I will try to take liquid n food 20mins apart. I'm avoiding all spicy food and mostly eating plain stuff so dunno why so bad heartburn... Yes, with ur previous advice, I lift my pillow when sleeping. Haven't bought any plain biscuits tho. What brand plain biscuits do u use?

CWL

Hi wondershine, welcome and congrats! For me, I always no appetite when it comes to dinner and also hungry. I survive on milk from the fridge at night. After my 1st trimester, i will start to buy those milk fomula for mummy. Hang in there ok! We will feel better when we hit 2nd trimester. Can't wait!

Last edited:

feathers

Oh ... that's long for OSCAR. Oh.. you plan to do setup your own business in the architecture industry??... from what I know usually have to work very very long hours... Don't worry too much la .. See how things goes. hehe.. for me It's not very hard for me to leave a job of 8 years.. .. I am flying with SQ so it's hard for me to conceive if I continue flying .Hubby & I plan to have a dragon baby so I quit to relax, take care of my health for that 1/2 year.. It's worth it .. I got this little one... hehe so excited..
Nah, not going to set up my own architecture practise. More like sourcing for architecture rather than design. But its really raw idea, need to build on it. You tried for only half a year, that's quite fast. Rest well and enjoy!! :D

feathers

Got it... :) So fish oil when nearing 2nd trimester... Can I take calcium pills instead of formula milk for mummy?
I think just take prenatal multi vit, everything included. Heh!! Drink milk if possible, milk is good for pregnancy. If you don't like formula milk, can drink fresh milk too.

feathers

Hi feathers, I used to be in architecture line too! But really siong Arh, everyday ot till past mid night. That's why I quit my previous job 2 yrs ago. I am now in gov sector. So much better than my previous work. Now I got more time for my family
I should have left earlier too!! Definitely siong!! I really respect my colleague, during her entire pregnancy, OT everyday!! Earliest go home is 8pm, latest is 12am. She even come back on weekends to work!! I don't think I can handle it like her, sure feel very terrible.

Dilys

Thanks Dilys. I will try to take liquid n food 20mins apart. I'm avoiding all spicy food and mostly eating plain stuff so dont know why so bad heartburn... Yes, with your previous advice, I lift my pillow when sleeping. have not't bought any plain biscuits tho. What brand plain biscuits do you use?
Hi Anxious31,

I am taking Jacob Biscuits.. they have the vege favour. You can choose what you like .. as long as it's some dry biscuits, it will helps. :)

Dilys

Nah, not going to set up my own architecture practise. More like sourcing for architecture rather than design. But its really raw idea, need to build on it. You tried for only half a year, that's quite fast. Rest well and enjoy!! :D
Haha .. I went for hoildays with my hubby after my resignation.. so very relaxing ..1/2 year... so it's very easy to conceive stress free !

Dilys

Yesterday was my 1st attempt to try something new ... besides...eating Bee Hoon everyday .... successful taken duck meat (the oilest part instead of the lean part), manage to take abit of noodles... without any vomiting ... Hurray !!

I hope for something better... regaining everything back whatever I like to eat ... I am so scared during my attempt to try any food now ....

Anxious31

Hi Anxious31,

I am taking Jacob Biscuits.. they have the vege favour. You can choose what you like .. as long as it's some dry biscuits, it will helps. :)
Thanks for sharing, Dilys!

I slept from 11pm last night till now... Whole body is like breaking up into pieces... I read that e increased hormones soften everything in our system. Digestive, muscles, joints.... That's why not recommended to jog during pregnancy unless we hv been jogging frequently before pregnancy. Do you all do any form of light exercises at the moment? Or too tired to do anything? Hope everybody is resting well and staying happy. :)

I'm not very happy coz of e heartburn....

Dilys

Thanks for sharing, Dilys!

I slept from 11pm last night till now... Whole body is like breaking up into pieces... I read that e increased hormones soften everything in our system. Digestive, muscles, joints.... That's why not recommended to jog during pregnancy unless we hv been jogging frequently before pregnancy. Do you all do any form of light exercises at the moment? Or too tired to do anything? Hope everybody is resting well and staying happy. :)

I'm not very happy coz of e heartburn....
Hey Anxious31,

It's gd to hear that you rest well ! Opps... forgotten which terimester r u at? Sorry .. pardon me being pregg make me so forgetful.. haha.. get your lilypie ) If u r in 1st terimester .. better don't do any exercise.. you should be resting well.. not stretching around running around... it's not adviseable to walk to much also. Got the privellge ... rest more la.

Don't be unhappy ...heartburn can be cause by stress... Be Happy ... bb will be happy also . Hey .. I just bought "Banana Nut Crunch" whole grain cereal the brand is "POST" . You can get it from "NTUC" or "Sheng Shiong" ... it's quite tasty mixed it with some fresh milk. Try it !

You must be positive ... then you will be better.

hi everyone,

im new here, edd also april 2012.

currently is 8 weeks. feel nausea and giddy sometimes, mouth taste bland .
i can't over stuffed myself with food or else will hv digestive difficulty.

my gynae oni prescribed multivit ( ganilia), folic acid and im also on utrogestan hormone pill.

any advice from other mommies?