EDD April Mummies

Dilys

hi ladies!

i have given birth! on 30 March. So I am essentially not an APRIL Mummy anymore. has anyone else given birth yet?
Hi mummysketches,

Congrats... :) Share your birth story .... :) Happy confinement .... Jia you !

My edd is 23 April. But already having signs of labour, baby very low, water bag leaking,already dilated 2cm.. now waiting time... spine & tailbone aching everyday super uncomfortable...

Btw... Mummy littlepea given birth to her lovely girl on 25th March. She is also from our April Mummies...

Last edited:

Dilys

Hi Phoebe,

Its not burst though, its just leaking. Then i was checking every hour but i was dry. Decided not to chk with gynae.

Got another chkup on coming wed.
Hi Yummygums,

I am also leaking. I went to my gynae that day when I suspect I leak. After checked.. my fluid level is still high. I am already 2cm dilated. Having spine & tailbone pain everyday now. Now its waiting time.

yummygums

Oh no wonder so quiet here. I called the hosp to check, im having mild fever also. So they said unless im having high fever then admit to hosp.

Dilys

Oh no wonder so quiet here. I called the hosp to check, im having mild fever also. So they said unless im having high fever then admit to hosp.
Hi Yummygums,

Do you want to join us on Fb? If yes.. please PM me your email I will add u.
Oh you are having mild fever? Have u started during coconut juice or barley juice ... maybe u r just too heaty. Drink more water... :)

BTW.. How many wks are u now?

Huafen83

Hi yummygums, u take care. Backache also a form of the labour sign. Ya take nte of ur fever. Today I read fm website. Tok abt fever. N muz contact ur Gynae once u have high fever

well. my birthstory is quite short. wanted to encourage everyone to download apps for counting contraction intervals. very helpful when u r already experiencing contractions. just need to click on a button and app will calculate everything for you.

i had show and contractions at 5min intervals. water bag din burst. it was like menstrual cramps. i still felt comfortable. but for 2 hrs i felt the same contractions at 5min interval. so decided to admit. Hubby wanted to take me for a good meal before admission but we decided against. i was already 6cm dilated when i was warded. and baby came out an hour after. my anesthetist couldn't make it in time so delivered without epidural. gyne almost couldn't make it for my baby cos she was delivering someone next door.

thank god for his grace. everything went smoothly and in perfect timing. the process was more bearable than i thought.

as for confinement. i miss my baths. but am enjoying the confinement foods. Haha. thankful for the rain. not so hot so dun feel so sticky.

all the best everyone! it has been a long journey. but when u see your baby everything is worth it.

gimmiepink

Hi mummies! i've been away for a really long time. Here's my story.. Gave birth early at 38wks+ on 26th March..so bb is 13days old =)
My contractions progressed very quick! started at 15mins intervals and within 3hrs it was at 1.5mins intervals by the time i checked into labour ward. Water bag burst an hr later at 3cm.. took epidural! couldnt resist as didnt want to bare the contractions for another 8 hours before delivery..Almost 8 hours later..starting pushing for bout 10mins and baby was out. Except for baby having fever initially due to epidural thank God baby's health is perfect.. =)

Its my very first experience and it isnt as bad as i thought.. The pain maybe because of epidural was really minimal. Really glad i chose a good gynae as my stitches and wound were done so well it did not swell or get infected and by the 2nd day i could literally bounce around on the hospital bed! Even my friends commented that they have not seen any mummy so lively just after giving birth.. lol..

Btw am now trying to breastfeed as long as possible.. wish every mummy the perseverance for full breastfeeding too =)
15days countdown of confinement as i think its the most horrible part of pregnancy.. HOT HOT HOT and all the food is weird and no water or ice cold drinks =(((

Last edited:
Hi Yummygums,

I am also leaking. I went to my gynae that day when I suspect I leak. After checked.. my fluid level is still high. I am already 2cm dilated. Having spine & tailbone pain everyday now. Now its waiting time.
Hi Dilys,

How do you know your water bag is leaking? Were you wearing sanitary pad or pantyliners at that time? I wonder if the whole pantyliners will be soaked thoroughly...

nyati22

Hi Ladies!
Been a while since I've posted anything here.. Glad to hear that some of the mummy's has delivered smoothly. Congrats!!!
My EDD is on 27 Apr.. I'm still feeling normal with no signs.. Just getting more hungry and lazy to work!
Mummy Sketches: Wat apps u using?

Alonso

Hi all my wife started leaking and hospital say must admit to check, while at hospital we realized it's not water bag leak but contraction started and she was admitted at 4pm and 1cm dilated. Doc expecting baby to be out by 7am :)

Dilys

Hi Dilys,

How do you know your water bag is leaking? Were you wearing sanitary pad or pantyliners at that time? I wonder if the whole pantyliners will be soaked thoroughly...

Hi chendolgal ,

Yes I am wearing liner, every 2 hours liner is wet but not soaking wet. (*that u can squeeze dry) hehe .. I know it's water bag leaking cos I smell my liner (*no urine smell) btw ur water fluid won't have any smell. That night when I start leaking I went to my gynae next day to check.. Yes leaking but my fluid level is still high. R u leaking also ??

Dilys

Hi mummies! i've been away for a really long time. Here's my story.. Gave birth early at 38wks+ on 26th March..so bb is 13days old =)
My contractions progressed very quick! started at 15mins intervals and within 3hrs it was at 1.5mins intervals by the time i checked into labour ward. Water bag burst an hr later at 3cm.. took epidural! couldnt resist as didnt want to bare the contractions for another 8 hours before delivery..Almost 8 hours later..starting pushing for bout 10mins and baby was out. Except for baby having fever initially due to epidural thank God baby's health is perfect.. =)

Its my very first experience and it isnt as bad as i thought.. The pain maybe because of epidural was really minimal. Really glad i chose a good gynae as my stitches and wound were done so well it did not swell or get infected and by the 2nd day i could literally bounce around on the hospital bed! Even my friends commented that they have not seen any mummy so lively just after giving birth.. lol..

Btw am now trying to breastfeed as long as possible.. wish every mummy the perseverance for full breastfeeding too =)
15days countdown of confinement as i think its the most horrible part of pregnancy.. HOT HOT HOT and all the food is weird and no water or ice cold drinks =(((
Congrats to u gimmiepink !!!

Hi Ladies!
Been a while since I've posted anything here.. Glad to hear that some of the mummy's has delivered smoothly. Congrats!!!
My EDD is on 27 Apr.. I'm still feeling normal with no signs.. Just getting more hungry and lazy to work!
Mummy Sketches: Wat apps u using?
hi nyati,

i am using an android phone. I downloaded this app (FREE!!) called "contraction timer". you can even record when your water bag burst. i feel it helps to keep your head over the contractions. you kinda predict your contractions coming much easier.

there is also another app called the "breastfeeding" that i am using now to record how long and how frequent i feed my baby. the app also records which side and how long you fed your baby.

Hi chendolgal ,

Yes I am wearing liner, every 2 hours liner is wet but not soaking wet. (*that you can squeeze dry) hehe .. I know it's water bag leaking cos I smell my liner (*no urine smell) btw your water fluid won't have any smell. That night when I start leaking I went to my gynae next day to check.. Yes leaking but my fluid level is still high. R you leaking also ??
Hi Dilys,

No i'm not leaking now but just wondering how it will be like :p I am still in my 33rd week :) Time flies.. and all the best for a smooth delivery!

Rukia

If waterbag leaking, we dont have to get admitted immediately? I though once waterbag leaks, chances of infection increases?