EDD Aug 2011

serenepng77

I had my c-sect on 31st July. Was discharged on 2nd aug and started postnatal massage on 4th aug. Dont worry abt the herbs cuz the bandage is waterproof. My massage Aunty didn't even touch the operated area. And don't wait too long to massage. Some say a mth after surgery then can do massage but thank god I didn't heed that. Body feels stronger and better after massage and lost 13 kg oredi. So happy.

Serene: sorry sorry, a waist binder is more appropriate. I don't know what to call this thing and the massage Aunty calls it's girdle. Lol.
Hi Miaarose, do you mind sharing which massage lady you are using? If I my c-section wound heals like yours, I dun mind starting my post-natal massage earlier too :)

serenepng77

Hi,

U mean yr dr is from TMC directly???

According to the gynae(my ex), he was saying that I need to pay his professional fees $2000 of whih $1450 is deductible from Medisave.

The rest, I'm interested in 4 bedded from TMC.

Had chked with them over phone, was advising me abt $2K cash needed.

Sounds not much difference if taking 4 or 2 bedded.

Haha

But of cos, TMC will always have FOC upgrade.
Hi kimyen, you mean TMC will likely upgrade patients to 1 bedded upon admission if the chosen bed type is 2 bedded? That's nice!!! I stayed at their Premium 1 bedded last month during my hospitalization and they actually gave me a 2 bedded room but just me alone staying and they charge me $588 for the 2 bedded room which was originally $258.. That was how I decided that their 2 bedded was quite nice and I can live with that room for 3 days.. :)

My gynae is from TMC.. my brochure says that medisave claimable is hospital $2500 and doc fees $1450, thus I think that is how the nurse came up with the total medisave amount $3950.

Tmr is my gynae appt, looking forward to know how many kg baby weights.. last week we checked was about 3.1kg at 36 weeks..

kimyen

Previously this happens for my #1

Hi kimyen, you mean TMC will likely upgrade patients to 1 bedded upon admission if the chosen bed type is 2 bedded? That's nice!!! I stayed at their Premium 1 bedded last month during my hospitalization and they actually gave me a 2 bedded room but just me alone staying and they charge me $588 for the 2 bedded room which was originally $258.. That was how I decided that their 2 bedded was quite nice and I can live with that room for 3 days.. :)

My gynae is from TMC.. my brochure says that medisave claimable is hospital $2500 and doc fees $1450, thus I think that is how the nurse came up with the total medisave amount $3950.

Tmr is my gynae appt, looking forward to know how many kg baby weights.. last week we checked was about 3.1kg at 36 weeks..

Purpeace

Wow, thanks all the mummies in sharing their birth experience. Now i am afraid i might have to go though c-sect also cause baby still stubborn dont want to come out. Afraid if induce might end up c-sect... But thank god base on all your sharing, c-sect is not so scary afterall. :)

Am in my 39 weeks already. Getting more and more excited now... every night i will dream that i am delivering... then when i wake up, its just a dream. Everytime i visit the toilet i will check my panty to see if got any brown/pink discharge, and feel very disappointed when i see its clear. When i do have contractions at regular interval, it just lasted 30 mins then no more... Haiz! Think i am too stress le. Should just tell myself i am going to have a overdue baby, and prepare to be induced. Boo! :(

szecare

Just went for gyn check up. Dilate 1cm already.. doc say maybe tonight to this few days will be due. Mother in law suggested take chicken esscene before going so that to gain more energy. had opt for 4 bedded, hopefully can upgrade to 2 bedded. Their single ward is very nice, went their during their hospital tour..All the best to me!

Purpeace

Szecare, if got red discharge, maybe its near... just monitor to see if u have any contractions...

For my first delivery, i have pink discharge in the morning, by 1pm i start to have contractions, then by 5pm, the contractions is getting intense and at every 15 min interval.. i head to hospital straight after shower and got admitted around 6pm.. 3cm dilated then.
By midnight, i delivered...

It might just be today or tomorrow... ALL THE BEST and Jia You! *Envy*

Purpeace

Indeed. I also booked standard single at TMC this time.. hopefully i won't get downgraded to a 2 bedroom with me being the only one staying. Whats the point right?

jovin83

I'm only a week home since begining of my ML. Looks like I'm realli not use to this life style. Too hot and lazy to step out of the hse. Drama also boring... not a drama person and furthermore.. aircon whole day will cost me a bomb. Now realli dun kno how to spend till bb pop.

kimyen

I was also like u but as time pass, u will get used to it.

I was unemployed since Jan 2011.

I'm only a week home since begining of my ML. Looks like I'm realli not use to this life style. Too hot and lazy to step out of the hse. Drama also boring... not a drama person and furthermore.. aircon whole day will cost me a bomb. Now realli dun kno how to spend till bb pop.

jovin83

Kimyen, so wat do u normally do at hm? Well maybe is the nesting effect I have clean the whole room. Jus that i'm staying with parents in law so dun realli like to pack my room while they're ard. Weird habit.. hahha

Purpeace

Jovin you can go walk walk... grab some magazines and chill out at a coffee place, at least its cooler. For me, i am trying to finish my drama series, if not will jio friends come out chit chat and drink coffee/milkshake. Haha. I am also left with 1 week to go, EDD 18 Aug, i know its kinda heavy to walk around le but i am still high everytime i go to the children/toys dept. ;P

kimyen

Surf net, read books abt birth and pregnancy.

Go enjoy long hours of lunch, go library, walk and walk.

Else sleep a lot during last trimester cos tired.

U shd go for prenatal massage too.

Maybe we can meet up, where r u staying?

Me staying near cck lot 1.

Kimyen, so wat do u normally do at hm? Well maybe is the nesting effect I have clean the whole room. Jus that i'm staying with parents in law so dun realli like to pack my room while they're ard. Weird habit.. hahha

jovin83

Ask u all... I think my plug came out... is think mucus with brown stuff right? But I went to gynea yesterday and he told me after the check is normal to bleed. But yesterday the bleed was quite a bit and stop since morning...after a bit brown stain. But not mucus... jus went toilet and now i see mucus... so am I ready?

jovin83

Surf net, read books abt birth and pregnancy.

Go enjoy long hours of lunch, go library, walk and walk.

Else sleep a lot during last trimester cos tired.

U shd go for prenatal massage too.

Maybe we can meet up, where r u staying?

Me staying near cck lot 1.
I stay at commonwealth :D

miaarose

Hi Miaarose, do you mind sharing which massage lady you are using? If I my c-section wound heals like yours, I dont mind starting my post-natal massage earlier too :)
Will PM u her no. :)

My gynae saw the waist binder I was using during the check
Up and he agrees that it helps. I told him that my masseuse suggested it. He didnt say anything negative abt it. Today 1st time bathing w/o bandage. Totally no pain :)

miaarose

Ask u all... I think my plug came out... is think mucus with brown stuff right? But I went to gynea yesterday and he told me after the check is normal to bleed. But yesterday the bleed was quite a bit and stop since morning...after a bit brown stain. But not mucus... jus went toilet and now i see mucus... so am I ready?
I read that sometimes mucus plug may be out a week or earlier. Dont check in to hospital too soon. The best indication is regular contraction 15 mins apart or waterbag broke.