EDD Aug 2011

Shinymint

same here, milk supply low, my girl can suck my breast (bothside for 45mins) after that around 2 hours hungry again, my supply not enough for her, she drinks faster than I pump..
U r better than me.. So far my gal jus managed to latch on for ONE time during my visit to the LC, from there she managed to suck for 15 min on each breast (total 40ml cos after feeding LC got weigh her). Then after go back home she dun wanna latch on! I practice it for one whole month and she still wun latch on, no choice feed her with EBM in the day n FM at night lo...

Jus to know,how much are your babies drinking now? ( 1 month to 2 months old)
What's the best formula milk you all have been feeding ur babies? Right now, my bb can finish one can of friso in 3 wks at 100-120ml (night feed only)

jovin83

I think it's fine to cuddle babies now while they are still young... Still needs bonding. At my guy's place, his dad nagged that shouldn't b carry my younger girl that often.. I got pissed off last wk( due to lack of sleep) and shot back she was still young and she just had her meal, put her down, leave her to wiggle; she will puke her milk out... Hiazzz

at my place instead, my parents pamper too much I think:/ they try not to let both girls cry ..when #1 was older than 6 mths, told them not to give in to her so often.... but alas..... Now she a lil bit strong headed and wants things her way or she'll make a uber big fuss.... Hiazzz
maybe my fault as well as I tend to buy whatever she wants as well... Hiazzz... Mistake learnt...

Jovin, I think u should have a say where and when you want your boy with u... First few mths important for bonding, esp before we head back to work....
Yar engel :( now I try to take care day time and night she will take care. She going off for holiday on sun for 4 days hope I can catch up with my son during then. Btw does ur baby sleep alot in the day? Some ppl say good to sleep more while others thinks differently. What u think should I try to socialize more during day and night try not to socialize? Wat time at night do u all put ur Bb to bed? Just bought a mattress for Bb hope he use it.. He just refuse to sleep in his playpen. Argh! Maybe he didn't sleep often with me :(

jovin83

U r better than me.. So far my gal jus managed to latch on for ONE time during my visit to the LC, from there she managed to suck for 15 min on each breast (total 40ml cos after feeding LC got weigh her). Then after go back home she dun wanna latch on! I practice it for one whole month and she still wun latch on, no choice feed her with EBM in the day n FM at night lo...

Jus to know,how much are your babies drinking now? ( 1 month to 2 months old)
What's the best formula milk you all have been feeding ur babies? Right now, my bb can finish one can of friso in 3 wks at 100-120ml (night feed only)
So u feed once formula at night only? For me EBM also, latch on maybe 1-2 times the rest all express. Mine is boy so tend to drink more. HAppens only when bottle feed. 25 oZ per day

kimyen

Baby's jaundice has gone down .
Thank god.

As for 1st month, headache.

Either hv buffet on weekday night or just give cakes, any suggestions???

Kimyen; hope ure baby recovers from jaundice soon....

Seems like everyone bz preparing for 1st month...:)

jovin; Ure son gonna sleep with you after confinement? Can't tell mother in law you want bonding time? Hiazzzz

jovin83

Thank god.

Thank God! :D

For Full month if without Mil interference.. I would have given cakes or vouchers :p but for now we had to do both. Buffet and give cakes -_- didnt wanna held at my hse. We booked a chalet and end up got to cancel mil dun let us bring bb out, say too young lor. Anyway... I think buffet at hm veri ma fan... BB cant sleep cant rest.. as u kno ppl come to see bb. You think bb can rest well? Sleep with so much noise? So i think give cakes and voucher is the best. For me I dun wanna stress my bb.

kimyen

But give cakes to who?
Ppl who give me gifts??? Relatives???

Thank God! :D

For Full month if without Mil interference.. I would have given cakes or vouchers :p but for now we had to do both. Buffet and give cakes -_- didnt wanna held at my hse. We booked a chalet and end up got to cancel mil dun let us bring bb out, say too young lor. Anyway... I think buffet at hm veri ma fan... BB cant sleep cant rest.. as u kno ppl come to see bb. You think bb can rest well? Sleep with so much noise? So i think give cakes and voucher is the best. For me I dun wanna stress my bb.

PiggyHui

Thank god.

For me we have it in 2 sessions. Noon for relatives and night for our friends. we hold the celebration at home.

We also give cakes but only to relatives and close married friends only.

But holding at home cleaning up was crazy at night...need to sweep and mop. My baby sleeps well at night after the baby shower. Too many people carry him and play with him in the day haa...

kimyen

At home got old ppl very troublesome but no choice.
Haiz ...

For me we have it in 2 sessions. Noon for relatives and night for our friends. we hold the celebration at home.

We also give cakes but only to relatives and close married friends only.

But holding at home cleaning up was crazy at night...need to sweep and mop. My baby sleeps well at night after the baby shower. Too many people carry him and play with him in the day haa...

jovin83

Yeah man.. I dun like it at home too! Too many ppl is chalet.. u mess up the place at most go hm sleep lor. Haha leave the place for cleaning. Now that is at home, mine 3 rm flat 80Sqm... 40 pax! How to come in.. and hope my bb can catch some sleep if not he will be cranky! -_- pray hard.. And most not my relatives.. hahah so pray they faster makan finish and go home! :p

jessmummy

hello mummies! i've been pretty much MIA :) hope all of you are doing well and little ones are growing happily

i'm back at work already despite having give birth on 7 Aug. miss my little one but i called home pretty often to see if shes ok and all. cant wait to get off work today!

Shinymint

hello mummies! i've been pretty much MIA :) hope all of you are doing well and little ones are growing happily

i'm back at work already despite having give birth on 7 Aug. miss my little one but i called home pretty often to see if shes ok and all. cant wait to get off work today!
I also gave birth to my baby gal on 7 Aug @ TMC. Why are you starting work that early? I be gg back to work in nov thou, taking 3 mths ML for this yr... I bet u will miss ur bb vvvvvv very much lo...

engel

Jess; maid issue settled before u head back to work? I'll b stuck at home for 2 more mths taking care of the 2 monster cause quite a handful for my parents alone... Hahah. Doing work through emails here and there and wondering how when i go back work full time in dec.... Errrrr

Shiny; actually I didn't miss my #1 that much when I went back to work ... Took it as an escape from her crying.... Ok, I know it's mean, but it kept me sane for me to love her more...:)

jessmummy

hehe i kept calling my mum to check up on her and if she's eating well and if my pumps at work can keep up with her eating or not lol, kept looking at her pics too :p cant wait to knock off and see her.

engel.. haha we still kept her despite her being like this! lol i think we're too good and forgiving.. we just tell ourselves as long as someone can clean the house do baby's laundry and iron the mountain of clothes we're thankful.. if she goes who iron all the clothes?! LOL but i think she's getting better or just that i cant see.. to focused on little one!

Purpeace

Hi Mummies,

Hope all is well. I am so busy lately preparing for baby shower and checking out my new house and ID etc...
The best is I have yet to check out and purchase any furniture or home appliances, wonder how am I able to do it after confinement when my nanny leaves. No one will help to take care of my baby and I have to bring her along everywhere I go. It's not tt difficult but I am just worried baby still so small, keep bringing her out will up her chances of catching flu virus etc.

Am so excited at e same time, finally got my new home. :) Can't wait to faster do up the Reno and shift in.

Purpeace

For relatives as long as 1 give.. I have to give them all :( As for friends.. only those who gives lor.
Jovin,

You giving cakes to those relatives n friends whom u invite to ur place for buffet?
I actually want to order cakes to give away but my mil say as long as they come to eat no need to give. Cos we prepared our own red egg, glutinous rice n ang ku kuet. My #1 we also never give out cakes. But This time round i will buy cake voucher for those friends who give me gifts but cannot make it to the baby shower.

Purpeace

By the way, which caterer do u gers use for your baby shower?
I used to cater from Neo garden, but thought of trying out other caterer, am considering Select catering.
You gers have any recommendation?

Lovely26

I used to cater from Neo garden, but thought of trying out other caterer, am considering Select catering.
Hey, u may consider Mana pot. Yup Neo garden is good.

Lovely26

Hey, u may consider Mana pot. Yup Neo garden is good.