EDD Aug 2011

pipilili

Good morning mummies,

Need some advice from exp mummies. Is it necessary to get a reversible handle stroller? There are some brands which don't have reversible handle so I am wondering if it is necessary or what advantages does it have?

Also, I chanced upon this brand called Aprica (stroller). Seems to fit into my category cos it's Jap brand and LIGHT WEIGHT - 4.2kg. Has anyone heard of this brand, and any feedback.

Purpeace: I used Mannapot, serving is quite big. The dishes should be nice cos most of my guests took a few servings. We have their signature Mee Siam Goreng, Curry Chix, Honey Glazed CHix, Yang Zhou Chao Fan, Fried Dumpling. You can liaise with Keng Tee.

jessmummy

pipi~ aprica is good and expensive. i got combi stroller with reversible handle but end up we didnt use it because it's very difficult to maneuver, unless you get the 4 wheel drive - i only got the front wheel drive :p

also need to consider the ease to fold up the stroller if you are out alone with bb and things like that. currently we love the combi but hate the fact that the basket below is too small to squeeze the diaper bag in.

ive seen alot of people using capella, but i dont like the pattern :p like free advert like tt.. or fake graffiti LV :p

szecare

U r better than me.. So far my gal jus managed to latch on for ONE time during my visit to the LC, from there she managed to suck for 15 min on each breast (total 40ml cos after feeding LC got weigh her). Then after go back home she dun wanna latch on! I practice it for one whole month and she still wun latch on, no choice feed her with EBM in the day n FM at night lo...

Jus to know,how much are your babies drinking now? ( 1 month to 2 months old)
What's the best formula milk you all have been feeding ur babies? Right now, my bb can finish one can of friso in 3 wks at 100-120ml (night feed only)
My bb is week 4 now i am feeding her 90-120ml..day time i latch on, after 6pm i use express BM, around 12am for night feed i use formula milk90ml (NaN 1 pro, heard that its the closest to breast milk, i choose this coz i want to build my bb body systems. Enfa grow heard thats drink already kids very smart, due to the DHA i think, maybe later part when she is older i will try ), maybe i need to increase already..

jovin83

Jovin,

You giving cakes to those relatives n friends whom u invite to ur place for buffet?
I actually want to order cakes to give away but my mil say as long as they come to eat no need to give. Cos we prepared our own red egg, glutinous rice n ang ku kuet. My #1 we also never give out cakes. But This time round i will buy cake voucher for those friends who give me gifts but cannot make it to the baby shower.
Cos other than the buffet we gt nothing to give. Mil say must give.. So we give lor. :( So those come for buffet gets a small box of cake too. Inside 2 eggs, 2 pointed kuet and 2 small cup cakes. To me i feel buffet is enough. Those never come then too bad lor. U dun really have to make up to it lar. For me unless colleagues which i didnt invite I will give cake.. I got to see them everyday wor! :D

My Buffet is Chilli Padi, I try before so quite like the nonya food :D

Szecare, I also changing.. now using S-26 becos MIL likes it. But I changing to Nan Pro 1 after this can also. As for Enfa grow.. hmmm... issit ok for such young bb?

Last edited:

szecare

pipi~ aprica is good and expensive. i got combi stroller with reversible handle but end up we didnt use it because it's very difficult to maneuver, unless you get the 4 wheel drive - i only got the front wheel drive :p

also need to consider the ease to fold up the stroller if you are out alone with bb and things like that. currently we love the combi but hate the fact that the basket below is too small to squeeze the diaper bag in.

ive seen alot of people using capella, but i dont like the pattern :p like free advert like tt.. or fake graffiti LV :p
i like aprica too, but i like quinny n strokee best..but too ex, brought capella instead, me too dun like the design but i brought it coz 4 wheels able to turn, its just like the combi Miracle turn. that time got discount too.

jovin83

Gers if u all going for Aprica... Try Tagore Lane.. the warehouse there is cheaper than the one at kakit bukit! I didnt buy but happen to go repair my pump and pass by :D

ziggyy

Alpha Male
Good morning mummies,

Need some advice from exp mummies. Is it necessary to get a reversible handle stroller? There are some brands which dont't have reversible handle so I am wondering if it is necessary or what advantages does it have?

Also, I chanced upon this brand called Aprica (stroller). Seems to fit into my category cos it's Jap brand and LIGHT WEIGHT - 4.2kg. Has anyone heard of this brand, and any feedback.
Hi, just happen to see this on the front page. Am using a reversible combi stroller but after the first month or 2, I've stopped using the reversible function as my baby prefers to look around.

Also, not sure about the Aprica model, but when using my reversible function, the stoller becomes much harder to maneuver. Hard to explain but imagine your luggage bag, 4 wheels, no issue if you push from either direction but if its 2 wheels (usually the back), pushing from the opposite direction is much more difficult...

Hope it helps.

szecare

By the way, which caterer do u gers use for your baby shower?
I used to cater from Neo garden, but thought of trying out other caterer, am considering Select catering.
You gers have any recommendation?
Me too using neo garden, now they have this add on specially for bb shower. got 30 red eggs 50 ang gu kuey etc. all 88 dollars i think..had tried confinement food with chillipadi, their food also not bad..this sat will be my bb show, so excited, latr going to do pedicure..ha

pipilili

Thanks Szecare and Jessmummy for your feedback.

I wanted to get Aprica cos it's lightweight(keyword). I am petite to begin with so I cannot imagine myself carrying a heavy stroller with bb + diaper bag alone - won't be able to handle. I called the main distributor(Aprica) yesterday and he said he is able to give me diacounts if I get it from their office directly. I kind of regretted not going down to major baby fairs to get the best bargain for strollers!

All my friends recommended me Maclaren but I did some research around and their stroller seems to be more suitable from 6 mths onwards. And I need one to bring bb out for injection soon.

Capella is a korean brand, heard it's light weight too.

Purpeace

Lovely 26 n Pipilili,,

Thanks, will check out mana pot website. :)
I hv bought an Aprica stroller for my no1 n will continue to let no2 use it. For my model, The pro is it's very lightweight n outlook is nice n is 4 wheel drive.
The con is the stroller basket holder is a bit small to keep things n the seat cannot be reclined fully so u cannot change diaper for bb in stroller. Also, the cover hood can only cover halfway, bb is very exposed n u can't really block off lights, n rain.

Shinymint

I just bought the combi urban walker classic model.. I like the fact that it uses a single hand to operate and also the reversible function.
I too dont like to use it on reversible mode cos of it's back wheels, not able to do 360 deg turn. But my husband likes it and seems to me he can control and able to maneuver using the rev mode easily ... He said just use the front wheel to control the direction will do. But I still prefer if the four wheels are able to turn 360 deg.

Capella design.. I personally dont like, plus it's seems way too small. Combi seat is a lot more spacious thou, had tried changing baby diaper in the stroller, quite ok. The basket below you can forget bout putting your diaper bag, use hook to hook it on the handle instead or sling your bag on your body...

Aprica, I thot of buying it during the baby fair at expo cos after discount only $300+. but didn't buy ad it's still way to early to buy it at that time. But most of it's models need to use two hands to operate.. So it's out of my criteria... You may check out mclrn and graco models but they are a bit expensive...

engel

I've the Capella and stokke; Capella
seems more ventilated than stokke but hate it cause;
1. it's low ; I've to bend low to remove baby
2: all wheels have their individual locks; impossible when u need a
fast lock at slopes. And I find the wheels moves all over the place...
3: keeps bumping against my feet when walking. No room for walking unless u keep a distance btwn u and and stroller..

Cons for stokke;
1; gets a lil hot with the material n padding
2; heavy and bulky, but can see it as a plus cause it's sturdy on train, impossible on bus though...has alot of room for shopping and location for diaper bag
3; hood doesn't cover fully, would use a muslin to half shield sun from baby...

Personally I prefer the stokke but #1 hates all strollers in general... Hahaha ..
So don't invest too much till lil bub is the type that would utilize it alot...:p

eejess

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Hi mummies, I'm letting go 2 packs of pampers (newborn) at $7/pack as my baby has outgrown from it.

Retail price at $8.60.

Collection in the east side.

Kindly PM me if keen. Thks!!
[/FONT]

Lovely26

I planned to buy combi urban walker too after compare with other brands. Still find combi more suitable for mommies who are prepared to go out on their own was only one hand is required to open close the walker. The only thing that worry me is the size as my bb is chubby.....he's already 6kg plus at week 6/7 now. Combi size is small and I am wondering if bb will fit the walker few months later. *headache*

PiggyHui

Just saw all e post.. Very busy these few days and baby jus loves to wake at night again.. So tired.

For me i bought a city elite baby jogger. Its quite heavy of i nt wrong about 10kg. Nt suitable to go out alone.
But baby can sit up and also can lie flat in e stroller.three wheels stroller. Able lock e back wheels.

My full month we use Mum's kitchen. E food is quite good.

jovin83

Hey gers, need to bring bb out.. Which is better to bring? Pram or carrier? I always dun kno wat to bring. Btw we got no car so think which is easier :( having to go out with bb really not easy.

engel

Seems alot of ppl prefered Sling carrier , but I didn't let my first girl use that till abt 3 mths when neck and back is stronger...

Didn't have a car for her then but we took alot of cabs hence got her a car seat instead that could b fixed to the stokke...could b used as a carrier as well and won't disrupt their sleep...

jessmummy

I planned to buy combi urban walker too after compare with other brands. Still find combi more suitable for mommies who are prepared to go out on their own was only one hand is required to open close the walker. The only thing that worry me is the size as my bb is chubby.....he's already 6kg plus at week 6/7 now. Combi size is small and I am wondering if bb will fit the walker few months later. *headache*

wow!! lovely weight! :) how heavy was he when he was born? fm or bm?

Lovely26

wow!! lovely weight! :) how heavy was he when he was born? fm or breast milk?
Hey Jessmummy, how are you? You have been MIA for a while ya.
My boy weigh 3.7kg when he was born. Amazingly, my birth was natural after 11hrs of labour. Initially on BF, unfortunately he was down with Colic after bottle fed. Been very cranky most of the time that he refused to latch on me.......no time to pump too. *sigh* My milk supply is declining......currently on FM. To be honest, i do hope to BF to carry on the bonding with the bb.