EDD Aug 2011

jessmummy

Hey Jessmummy, how are you? You have been MIA for a while ya.
My boy weigh 3.7kg when he was born. Amazingly, my birth was natural after 11hrs of labour. Initially on BF, unfortunately he was down with Colic after bottle fed. Been very cranky most of the time that he refused to latch on me.......no time to pump too. *sigh* My milk supply is declining......currently on FM. To be honest, i do hope to BF to carry on the bonding with the bb.
I'm good good, back at work (hence able to be online) hehe apart from that i've been tooo busy with the little one and can only catch up with friend on my phone, this forum doesnt have a mobile version so i didnt come on much.
ohh he's quite a big baby.. but good to look after ;) my baby lost 10% of her weight due to jaundice so had a hard time catching up, by 1 mth shes only 4.1kg but doc says her weight gain is within range so nothing to worry about..
and maybe cos shes on total bm hence the weight gain is slightly slower?

dont worry, do drink lots of fluid. it really helps boost the supply up, and try to latch abit?

pipilili

Thanks Piggyhui.

I think I need to stock up on Huggies/Mammy Poko diapers, and Pigeon Wipes. If there is any stroller on sale, will probably grab one too.

Now I just have to carry my bb for injection w/o stroller.

jovin83

Seems alot of ppl prefered Sling carrier , but I didn't let my first girl use that till abt 3 mths when neck and back is stronger...

Didn't have a car for her then but we took alot of cabs hence got her a car seat instead that could b fixed to the stokke...could b used as a carrier as well and won't disrupt their sleep...
But sling carrier can only use awhile right? I mean Bb too big u wun be able to use right? As for car seat.. We got maxi cos but without the pram parts so is really heavy to carry around :(

engel

But sling carrier can only use awhile right? I mean Bb too big u wun be able to use right? As for car seat.. We got maxi cos but without the pram parts so is really heavy to carry around :(
Hehe... When we went out with carseat but no stokke, one will carry the Seat while other hug her...:) easier...

engel

Anyone taking fenugreek to help with milk supply? Taking it for 2 days now still feels like no significant increase.... Hiaz....

pipilili

My CL let me drink fresh organic fenugreek, plus I also took GNC Fenugreek. My supply did increase but limited to 10 ml MAX. M'way I have stopped cos 10ml of BM will mean I need to KO for 2-3 hrs.

I think it does help abit cos tt's what hospital prescribed to me after milkless in hospital for 4 days. There is another synthetic drug which they prescribed but I didn't want to take tt and rejected it.

Purpeace

Been so busy lately. Now I miss my confinement period.. :( Cos during confinement no need to do anything… just be a lazy bum n rest n eat. Haha!
Now my CL left, I have to tk care of e elder one, tk care of e small one plus latching as n when she wants, do all the washing and laundry, sweeping n mopping etc.. Plus gotta settle new house ID and defects etc.. I basically have been working at home from 8am to 1am everyday now. My legs n back is aching. My mummy say I should still try to rest as much as I can cos just 1 mth. I told her, it's not I don't want is I can't. Haha. Expecting more work coming when I shift house. Felt like getting a maid but hubby dun want n I also very picky, afraid e maid can't maintain e hygiene standard.. No choice, gotta suffer for now.

Pai sei, am conplaining too much here. Bear with me ladies.

engel

3rd day taking fernugreek , breasts feel lifted but increase in milk is still non existent!!
Jess, did it help u with milk production?

Purpeace, my guy wanted to get a housekeeper but my mom refuses one..:/ so now I'm basically helping her here and there and it's already a handful , wondering how she's gonna handle when I go back to work... Old ppl are stubborn.... Hiazzzz...

Edamumi

I was also contemplating on taking sacred tea but find it too expensive. My filipino colleagues recommended me to Malunggay Tea very much cheaper and not so troublesome to make the tea. Just use hot boiling water and sip through the whole day. So far, this is my fifth day, I am happy with the results, find is quite effective. I can get per pump about 60-80ml unlike those days before I took this tea, I can only pump 20ml.

I got the tea from here :

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f81/malunggay-herb-tea-support-breast-milk-production-63324/

Last edited:

jessmummy

engel.. i dont know i only took my first one last night.. will tell you later this week.. i really hope so.. i hope my supply dont die due to my irregular pumping.. NEED to freeze milk already T_T

engel

Hmmzzz... The tea sounds interesting.... Does
it taste nice? ...

Down with a cold right now... Sianz... Adriana caught it as well...:(

Shinymint

Since u all talk about BM, my friend who gave birth to her bb boy two wks before me can express 300ml of BM upon discharge from hospital the third day!!! (per session I mean, her husband told me cos we bump into each other at mrt station) I'm so jealous cos so far I can only pump 120ml per session (my max usually in the morning) !! My bb gal is currently 6 wks old and my regular pump out is only about 60ml ps. Is it possible to pump 300+ml per session?? I'm jus curious!

jessmummy

can.. some people are naturally full of milk! i know a mummy pump so much had to throw 800ml daily due to lack of space in fridge.. and normally not first child will tend to have more milk than first time mummies