EDD Aug 2011

pipilili

kimyen,
Who asked you to pray to 床母?

Anyway my CL is the one who suggested and I anything type, so just did what she says. We did it on 'man yue' day. The food is from our buffet, everything prepared by CL. (meat, fish, rice, veg) CL says we must eat the food after praying. The food is placed on a big plate (with mini bowls) on the bed (laid w newspaper though). We just light 3 joss-sticks and say some 'protection charm' (I just repeat after CL).

My mum/grans dun practise praying to 床母 but I did what CL said. Supposed to let us have easier time taking care of bb.

kimyen

Yes, I heard good for baby too.

Was advised by my grandma, parents, etc ...

kimyen,
Who asked you to pray to 床母?

Anyway my CL is the one who suggested and I anything type, so just did what she says. We did it on 'man yue' day. The food is from our buffet, everything prepared by CL. (meat, fish, rice, veg) CL says we must eat the food after praying. The food is placed on a big plate (with mini bowls) on the bed (laid w newspaper though). We just light 3 joss-sticks and say some 'protection charm' (I just repeat after CL).

My mum/grans dun practise praying to 床母 but I did what CL said. Supposed to let us have easier time taking care of bb.

happyeliz

Hi how's everyone ? It had been a long time time since the last time I log in as I was so busy and tired about breastfeeding and learning to handle my baby :(
My breastmilk volume is not good. Tried fenugreek but didn't help :( now feeling very stress and
Thinking of giving up . Hmmm what brand are u all using ? My girl currently drinking Similac . other than fenugreek and more fish / soup any other method to help?

engel

Hi how's everyone ? It had been a long time time since the last time I log in as I was so busy and tired about breastfeeding and learning to handle my baby :(
My breastmilk volume is not good. Tried fenugreek but didn't help :( now feeling very stress and
Thinking of giving up . Hmmm what brand are u all using ? My girl currently drinking Similac . other than fenugreek and more fish / soup any other method to help?
Girl's taking enfalact to compliment BM....Bloody tired now cause she's still down with broncoitis after almost a wk...

Question; do you guys feel that you've lost yourself? Like you've lost your identity; what made you different or your idea on life....
I just feel that I've totally lost who I am in life... What made me an individual ... I miss my music, my piercings, my late nights... I thought dumping all those after having my first child a yr ago was a step towards 'maturity' and being a role model for my girls, but now I find I don't have a life; besides revolving my schedule round theirs.... Aka, I can't have alone time without involving one of them at least.... Hiaz... I think gonna go crazy soon... I actually miss my work alot, but at the same time I don't know how it'll b like for both of them when I'm back at it full time...

Sorry for the ranting, just tired of sleepless night with such thoughts running through my mind.....

jovin83

Sorry been missing quite awhile... Yes Engel Know how u feel.. For me other than pumping milk I also dun know wat else I can do. As usual Mil taking care of bb.. keep showing that bb is closer to her then me. Anyway let her be.. I give up. Day time I will jus stay close to my bb and night she takes over. While 4 mths is short I guess this is the best I can do. To shower the BB she's around she wanna do it.. so I dun fight too.

I took the frenugreek as well... not sure if it's consider increase but partly I increase the formula feeds to twice a day also. Training my son to sleep longer in the night.

Anyway I took frenugreek and lactation milk powder both helps me increase to each pump abt 3 oZ to 4 oZ... so I consider this well as my son feeds abt 3.5 oZ so enough for me to store 2 bottles in fridge. Hopefully this goes on well till 4th mth.. Pray hard!!

Have u gers remove their mitten? Mil still continues to put. Which I really wanna take it out to let him learn to grab things.. When can bb remove the mittens?

engel

Girl didn't use mittens since day 1... Prefer her grabbing or touching stuff especially our fingers when we bottle feed her... Trimmed her nails regularly though...

Sorry been missing quite awhile... Yes Engel Know how u feel.. For me other than pumping milk I also dun know wat else I can do. As usual Mil taking care of bb.. keep showing that bb is closer to her then me. Anyway let her be.. I give up. Day time I will jus stay close to my bb and night she takes over. While 4 mths is short I guess this is the best I can do. To shower the BB she's around she wanna do it.. so I dun fight too.

I took the frenugreek as well... not sure if it's consider increase but partly I increase the formula feeds to twice a day also. Training my son to sleep longer in the night.

Anyway I took frenugreek and lactation milk powder both helps me increase to each pump abt 3 oZ to 4 oZ... so I consider this well as my son feeds abt 3.5 oZ so enough for me to store 2 bottles in fridge. Hopefully this goes on well till 4th mth.. Pray hard!!

Have u gers remove their mitten? Mil still continues to put. Which I really wanna take it out to let him learn to grab things.. When can bb remove the mittens?

Purpeace

Jovin,

Good for you. Jia you. You should be able to store a reasonable amount when you go back to wk. Last time i mix with formula also able to store at least 10 bottles before go back to wk. Then at work i can pump 2-3 bottles each day and we feed baby formula at night also.. so is enough till 8 mths i stopped cause went for hoilday. Hee.. BUT... i think the boosting of immune system by bf is not true, my boy still fall sick almost every alternate month since baby till now. My nephew who exclusively bf also fall sick equally like my boy and they both keep spreading to one another easily despite taking vitamins etc.. So i only take it as bf is good for saving money only cause infant formula is really very ex.

Engel,

I felt the same way too... and i think i am growing to be more mentally lazy each day.. my day just involves taking care of baby, bf, change diaper, bathe for baby, read magazine for interior design and do housework. Period! Beginning to feel like an auntie.. wonder if i can still be as motivated at wk as before. Anyway, hope your girl recovers soon. Take care ofyourself too.

As for mittens and booties, previously i let my boy wear till 3 mths old... and only stop because he starts to suck his thumb and the whole mitten is wet. So for my girl, i will probably let her wear till at least 3 months old then stop. Don't want to let the beautiful mittens go to waste. Haha..

JocelynYL

My baby keep drinking at night once she doesn't want to sleep. she drink until she vomit.. I heart pain when i saw her vomit... :embarrassed: Do ur baby encounter the same thing? dunno how to make her sleep... haih~~ she sleep only 1-2 hours in the afternoon, at night dun wanna sleep again... hyperactive... how to train her to sleep at night?

I'll back to work on 12 oct... sienz..... I'm still thinking how am i to pump in the office... stress.. by the time my supply will be lower.. since now i only can manage to pump about 60 ml in total.. haih~~ the breast milk for baby only like snack... cannot make her full...:nah:

PiggyHui

Jovin, my Mother in law says as long as baby nails are cut can remove the mittens. But i dont dare to cut his nail are so small. So mother in law says will cut for him when he is around 4 months from then onwards no need wear mittens.

Purpeace, I also feels that i am mentally lazy too. Like not motivated. Every day at home only eat, sleep, play computer, play and feed baby... got go out also go buy baby items esp which are on discount. OMG become more like a auntie already. Cant believe it. Worste is i m not motivated to go back to work in november.

Jocelyn, is it you feed your baby too full or you did not burp her after she drink milk thats why she vomit? For me we record every time how much we feed him and when we feed him. We will burp him every time after we feed him so that the air inside can come out. My baby only doesnt sleeps at night if he sleeps too much in the day time.
For my breast milk cause i do not have enough, hence when i go back to see my gynae he gave me a medicine "Domperidone". I not sure if it works for everyone but it works for me. My milk increase and i latch him on everytime and pump out the excess. =D
JY dont give up.

Last edited:

Purpeace

Piggyhui,

Haha.. the auntie-ness in us is unleashing. I have became an auntie ever since my #1 came out.. cause for the past 2.5 yrs, NTUC, Kiddy Palace and all children section of departmental store has become my favourite hangout. In fact i no longer shop at ladies section now in dept store now. You will tend to look out for diapers on offer, later stage you will also look out for formula, milk bottles and teats, infant rice cereal, baby biscuits, bottle food and snacks etc and baby shower gel n shampoo, laundry and bottle detergent and any baby items on offer etc... followed by clothes and shoes and accessories for your baby as they grow, then finally Toys! Haha.. I admit i am auntie liao. Sadz!

szecare

Jovin, my Mother in law says as long as baby nails are cut can remove the mittens. But i dont dare to cut his nail are so small. So mother in law says will cut for him when he is around 4 months from then onwards no need wear mittens.

Purpeace, I also feels that i am mentally lazy too. Like not motivated. Every day at home only eat, sleep, play computer, play and feed baby... got go out also go buy baby items esp which are on discount. OMG become more like a auntie already. Cant believe it. Worste is i m not motivated to go back to work in november.

Jocelyn, is it you feed your baby too full or you did not burp her after she drink milk thats why she vomit? For me we record every time how much we feed him and when we feed him. We will burp him every time after we feed him so that the air inside can come out. My baby only doesnt sleeps at night if he sleeps too much in the day time.
For my breast milk cause i do not have enough, hence when i go back to see my gynae he gave me a medicine "Domperidone". I not sure if it works for everyone but it works for me. My milk increase and i latch him on everytime and pump out the excess. =D
JY dont give up.
hi had been missing awhile..
i totally agreed with piggyhui that auntiehood is arriving ha..but think we need to ajust ourselves as time goes ..lets all be pretty mummy:)
Now my breast milk is alot for my girl already, i drinkalot of water n soup, beside that i drink Annum too, now i breast feed day and night as my flow is faster, my bb somehow dun like formula milk..oh ya and 1 thing worries me, my girl tense to spilt milk easily, is that normal? i always let her sit upright after meal and burp her..but many times she struggle alot..sometimes her milk will come out from the nose..so scary ah..

engel

Milk regurgitation is normal.... Was freaked out when #1 was spitting out milk, brought her back to her paedri to enquire abt it(1st time parents, damn kiasee then) was told normal since stomach not fully developed till abt 4 mths ...

So now prepare extra hankies for #2, have whole drawer full of them... Hahahha

engel

Milk regurgitation is normal.... Was freaked out when #1 was spitting out milk, brought her back to her paedri to enquire abt it(1st time parents, damn kiasee then) was told normal since stomach not fully developed till abt 4 mths ...

So now prepare extra hankies for #2, have whole drawer full of them... Hahahha

jovin83

Yar Szecare mine too, out from the nose and mouth. The volume can be so much that it seems he vomit all that's fed..
Anyway today I latch on once after 2 weeks no latching and he seems ok.. As usual I still dun kno how much he fed and end up... 1 hr plus later gave him 3 oz and he finish only 2 oz. :( balance was thrown away. Do u gers keep unfinished BM? Till the next feed? And u all warm up the BM. MIL always like to warm up.. I assume nevermind as long as he drink BM, better than none.

JocelynYL

Piggyhui,

Haha.. the auntie-ness in us is unleashing. I have became an auntie ever since my #1 came out.. cause for the past 2.5 yrs, NTUC, Kiddy Palace and all children section of departmental store has become my favourite hangout. In fact i no longer shop at ladies section now in dept store now. You will tend to look out for diapers on offer, later stage you will also look out for formula, milk bottles and teats, infant rice cereal, baby biscuits, bottle food and snacks etc and baby shower gel n shampoo, laundry and bottle detergent and any baby items on offer etc... followed by clothes and shoes and accessories for your baby as they grow, then finally Toys! Haha.. I admit i am auntie liao. Sadz!
Haha.. starting from pregnancy i used to shop baby things liao.no longer shop for my ladies clothes.. haha.. i'm auntie too....
I'm be going back to work next 2 weeks.. sienz... how I wish i can stay longer and feed my baby bm longer.. she no longer finding for nipple once she's hungry.... sad.. but what can i do? I tried my best to feed her already....

jovin83

Jy, how many mths ML u took? 2 mths? Seems like u all going back to work so soon. I took 4 mths at ago. Now when latch Bb on ha ha I can feel his weight. Maybe not so much of getting full but I treat as bonding.
And yes I feel like aunty too, once in awhile I will sneak out while mil takes care of him. Dressing up and go out got to be fast Haiz.. Anyway I dun like my body too, dripping boobs how to be attractive :( only attract my little boy.

PiggyHui

Purpeace, BINGO you are right. Nowadays i tend to look out for diapers or formula on offer. And since baby came out I kept vouchers for discounts, last time i used to throw all away. See where can i get best price. LOL. U now moved to bishan already or still in tpy? TPY that ang mo supermarket the milk powder cheaper. =X

szecare, i drink annum too. Not sure if its normal for baby to spilt milk. I burp my boy after he finished his milk. but some times he does split some milk out from his mouth. I assumes that he is overfed. My mother was scared tot my son vomit when the milk flow out from his mouth. My boy will also struggle when burping time.

jessmummy

hello ladies! this thread so active these 2 days

breastmilk and fenugreek
my supply not fantastic but still ok to keep 8 meals in the fridge and attempt to freeze a packet a day. able to get by each day without feeding formula. but i pump very diligently la even at night. i latch and pump after no matter how tired i feel. i pump every 2 hours. and at work i try my best to do 3 sessions (3-4 hours).
fenugreek doesnt seem to increase much seems the same as without taking, but will keep taking it, try taking organic mother milk tea. tt one seem to work better. i think key point is to keep taking fluid.

left over bm
some mummies suggest to pour into bath to give milk bath, but my mum finds it disgusting. haha and bm not as precious as first month when supply is barely enough. so we just feed her as best as we can and bo pian pour the rest - better than her having tummy upset.

auntiness in us
i think its a motherly instinct for us to auto walk into the baby/kids section these days ; check out for offers and stock ups. or keep eyeing on warehouse sales for toys lol

not feeling ourselves anymore
i think taking up this role will change us no matter what. the priority will always be the little one no matter how much we miss the freedom we had. i missed having walks and talks and fine dines w my husband. but now we know that even if we take time to do these we will miss our little one. so we just do what we can like couple couple when baby sleeps but at home? LOL
i dont even shop for myself anymore because i still have the tummy but hubby not complaining, and i dont want to diet cos i scared not enough nutrients going to baby , so i guess that can wait?
now i have health issues and pain but have to grit thru them because i'm scared to stop latching. gonna go to the doc after i stop bfing

latching of baby after gg to work
ive been back at work for 2 weeks but i nurse my baby at night and she seems OK, in fact without latching she will fuss and refuse to sleep but super tired. so no matter how tired i am after work i still will nurse her , and plan to continue as long as possible. moreover it's best to latch baby to maintain and/or up supply.

mittens
i never gave mittens since birth cos i want her to explore the world or even suck her fingers. haha especially now at 7 weeks she will start to explore further and grab things. so its better to have them off soon. my aunt once told me not to give mittens else they dont know how to control their fingers much or worse didnt realise that they have fingers that can be useful.

i think thats the topics discussed? lol just my input! :D