EDD: August 2012

Same here.... Prune juice really makes me nauseous too :07:
Tried almost everything, yakult, prune juice, dulcofibre, even coffee to help pushing. Not working. What to do?
Don't know why I'm not experiencing any constipation or high flux of discharge. My discharge is even lesser than those I have when my menses come. Read here that most of u all got increase in discharge, but I don't have.. :(
I will ask my gynae tomorrow why...

mamamarie

Don't know why I'm not experiencing any constipation or high flux of discharge. My discharge is even lesser than those I have when my menses come. Read here that most of u all got increase in discharge, but I don't have.. :(
I will ask my gynae tomorrow why...
Oh lucky you! Constipation maybe based on what we eat, so if you're eating more healthfully you dont get it. And discharge is based on your body functions before pregnancy. I usually get discharge before and so I get it now also.

mamamarie

I am not using.. is it good? I saw it at the motherhood fair... was contemplating to buy or not...
so far, do you find that it's good?? or can only see the benefits when baby is out?

coz so far, for myself, I have been putting headphones on my tummy for baby to listen to baby classical music... but heard from the babyplus promoter that the music will actually get muffled... :( any mummies doing what I am doing?
I was thinking if the music will get muffled, does it mean when we talk our babies, our voices are muffled too?
I find it too expensive... I bought the Rockabye music cds from US, it's rock music made into lullabies (I got Bon Jovi and Journey) and my baby "dances" when I play it at night. :)

mamamarie

I am not using.. is it good? I saw it at the motherhood fair... was contemplating to buy or not...
so far, do you find that it's good?? or can only see the benefits when baby is out?

coz so far, for myself, I have been putting headphones on my tummy for baby to listen to baby classical music... but heard from the babyplus promoter that the music will actually get muffled... :( any mummies doing what I am doing?
I was thinking if the music will get muffled, does it mean when we talk our babies, our voices are muffled too?
TutTut, our voices may be muffled but recognisable to baby so they hear familiar voices, they will respond by kicking/moving inside. And for music, dont put too loud bcos it's amplified inside bcos of the fluids.

mamamarie

Does anyone have pets at home? I have been keeping a cat for a long time and have decided to give her up... someone is adopting her tomorrow and I'm really sad. She's my first baby. I want to keep her but I know her fur will get on baby things and already all over the place. I'm feeling so, so sad!

bertrande

I think my baby doesn't like it haha but I make her listen anyway. She keeps kicking it and u can see it move on my belly. When I play classical music, I don't really put the headphones on my tummy, just play it while I'm driving . She will respond too! Or if I sing a long and use breathing exercises, you can feel her moving, it's quite cool. I don't know if babyplus is good - guess will only know when they are born - but I figured no harm trying right?

bertrande

Does anyone have pets at home? I have been keeping a cat for a long time and have decided to give her up... someone is adopting her tomorrow and I'm really sad. She's my first baby. I want to keep her but I know her fur will get on baby things and already all over the place. I'm feeling so, so sad!
I have 4 dogs living with me, and I intend to keep them all. My dogs have non-shedding coat and are hypoallergenic (I'm allergic to cats and the dander from other dogs' fur) so I think should be ok. Poor you, it's always hard to give up the pet when the baby arrives but at least you know she'll go to a good home.

mamamarie

I think my baby doesn't like it haha but I make her listen anyway. She keeps kicking it and u can see it move on my belly. When I play classical music, I don't really put the headphones on my tummy, just play it while I'm driving . She will respond too! Or if I sing a long and use breathing exercises, you can feel her moving, it's quite cool. I don't know if babyplus is good - guess will only know when they are born - but I figured no harm trying right?
Bertrande, if baby's kicking it's a very good sign, means she's responding to the sounds. Hehe

mamamarie

I have 4 dogs living with me, and I intend to keep them all. My dogs have non-shedding coat and are hypoallergenic (I'm allergic to cats and the dander from other dogs' fur) so I think should be ok. Poor you, it's always hard to give up the pet when the baby arrives but at least you know she'll go to a good home.
Wow Bertrande! 4 dogs?? Do you live in a private estate? I have been back and forth about giving up the kitty. I find it so cruel bcos it's not her fault. I got her from a fosterer years ago and now my man is not happy that he has to clear the cat litter, and her fur is on everything. We even got a wet/dry powerful vaccuum cleaner on Sat to do the thorough cleaning. But I think it's really not enough. :(

bertrande

Wow Bertrande! 4 dogs?? Do you live in a private estate? I have been back and forth about giving up the kitty. I find it so cruel bcos it's not her fault. I got her from a fosterer years ago and now my man is not happy that he has to clear the cat litter, and her fur is on everything. We even got a wet/dry powerful vaccuum cleaner on Sat to do the thorough cleaning. But I think it's really not enough. :(
Ya, I live in private property. I'm allowed 3 dog licences...the fourth is really under my mom's care and is licenced under her house but he stays with us sometimes and is very much a part of my family too. My husband loves cats (he has four in his mother's place) but I'm allergic and cannot tahan so too bad, no cats allowed in my home. Giving up a beloved pet is always going to be a tough choice but at the end of the day, if that's the only viable option, it has to be done. :(

zaclin29

oh my mamamarie! Thats so sad! I have a cat and Im keeping him.. But I did told my hubby he will be the last cat we'll have...
My cat has been depressed since I got pregnant cos I cant touch him or play with him at all... and he has been meowing for attention for months... but now he's abit ok but when the baby comes I think he will get into depression again...
we just have to train him not to get near the baby later....

mamamarie

Ya, I live in private property. I'm allowed 3 dog licences...the fourth is really under my mom's care and is licenced under her house but he stays with us sometimes and is very much a part of my family too. My husband loves cats (he has four in his mother's place) but I'm allergic and cannot tahan so too bad, no cats allowed in my home. Giving up a beloved pet is always going to be a tough choice but at the end of the day, if that's the only viable option, it has to be done. :(
I think it's the only choice. I have an elderly mum living with me, so I got the kitty to keep her company at home. We have no helpers. And just me doing everything at home. I dont think I can manage an elderly with slight dementia, a newborn and a cat. And we've kept the room door closed at home since I found out I was pregnant so that the kitty is used to not coming in. But kitty's sad, she knows there's a change in the home. Sigh!
:eek:10:

mamamarie

oh my mamamarie! Thats so sad! I have a cat and Im keeping him.. But I did told my hubby he will be the last cat we'll have...
My cat has been depressed since I got pregnant cos I cant touch him or play with him at all... and he has been meowing for attention for months... but now he's abit ok but when the baby comes I think he will get into depression again...
we just have to train him not to get near the baby later....
I'm such an animal lover, Zaclin29. Oh yeah my kitty is so depressed too, sleeping around the hall and kitchen bcos she cant come inside the room. Btw, my first job was working at the SPCA as a clinic receptionist/pet counscellor. I have had cats for years, had dogs too. I cant seem to think anything positive having my kitty at home bcos im already cleaning the litter now. The man said he was going to do it, and he had been for the first trimester. And then he got lazy and felt like throwing up when he cleaned it! And sometimes up to 2 days later he will clean, I dont like having the litter dirty, it has to be cleaned twice a day! I ended up doing it... until now! So I really cant think of any other way. I love my kitty but really dont know what else I can do...

Last edited:

zaclin29

I'm such an animal lover, Zaclin29. Oh yeah my kitty is so depressed too, sleeping around the hall and kitchen bcos she cant come inside the room. Btw, my first job was working at the SPCA as a clinic receptionist/pet counscellor. I have had cats for years, had dogs too. I cant seem to think anything positive having my kitty at home bcos im already cleaning the litter now. The man said he was going to do it, and he had been for the first trimester. And then he got lazy and the litter would be 2 days old! And I dont like having the litter dirty, it has to be cleaned twice! I ended up doing it... until now! So I really cant think of any other way. I love my kitty but really dont know what else I can do...
Both me and hubby are animal lovers too!.. We have been having cats like forever since we were young...
Lucky me, hubby has been the one clearing the kitty litter and doesnt allow me to be near the litter at all...
Sometimes kitty will come to sit on my lap but I will secretly let him sit for a few mins before I put him down..
My hubby is more strict and doesnt allow kitty to get near me and he is closer to me than hubby...
Kinda sad to see them so depressed... In the beginning he slept in the toilet to show "tantrum" cos we ddidnt allow him to sleep in the room anymore... :(

mamamarie

Both me and hubby are animal lovers too!.. We have been having cats like forever since we were young...
Lucky me, hubby has been the one clearing the kitty litter and doesnt allow me to be near the litter at all...
Sometimes kitty will come to sit on my lap but I will secretly let him sit for a few mins before I put him down..
My hubby is more strict and doesnt allow kitty to get near me and he is closer to me than hubby...
Kinda sad to see them so depressed... In the beginning he slept in the toilet to show "tantrum" cos we ddidnt allow him to sleep in the room anymore... :(
Such a great hubby! Mine hates cats, but he fell in love with the kitty and she's really close to him. BUT he hates facing the cat litter, he always starts to gag/ throw up! Im so immune to it, I dont smell anything at all sometimes. We've come to a point where we will argue when I tell him to clean it and he goes, "Later." and it's like im forcing him to clean it! So I really had enough. I cant bend down to do it. I put the ad on Cat Welfare Society last month, I got a number of calls but he and I turned them away bcos we couldnt part with her. BUT Im making the decision for him now bcos it's affecting me. And I got a call this morning, spoke to the lady and decided on the spot. SIGH!!!

babyswonderful

Hello mummies,

Just to share, we are organising a pre order for baby products from USA which will close next Wednesday 13th June.
Products include breast pumps / storage bags & bottles / baby creams / baby feeding bottles etc.
Prices are generally up to 50% lower than retail shops and other BPs due to negotiations and shared shipping costs.

Do drop by my thread ~45% OFF RETAIL PRICES~ NEW! Milk Bottles/Breast Pumps/Creams/Milk Storage Bags or my blog www.babyswonderful.blogspot.com if you are keen.

In addition, I'm giving away free milk bag samples (shipped from USA) to mummies for trial. Just opened a new batch for giveaways recently due to requests from mummies both in this forum and the SMH forum so thought that you might be interested. Email me at baby.swonderful@gmail.com.

Thanks!
Baby S.