EDD: August 2012

Zaclin, I got a shock when I see your swollen feet...luckily it's not painful for you. Issit because you didn't drink enough water? I'll go google on what causes the swollen feet later...

Btw, how did you upload pictures here? I normally use iPad and iPhone to access mummysg. Can iPad and iPhone upload photos too?

PetPet

Water retention still much much better than ugly permanent stretch marks on me. Lol..cz water retention will go off after delivery.

zaclin29

Water retention still much much better than ugly permanent stretch marks on me. Lol..cz water retention will go off after delivery.
AGREE! I pray hard that stretchmarks stay away from me!!
And that the water retention will just stay on my feet and nvr go to my face.....

zaclin29

Zaclin, I got a shock when I see your swollen feet...luckily it's not painful for you. Issit because you didn't drink enough water? I'll go google on what causes the swollen feet later...

Btw, how did you upload pictures here? I normally use iPad and iPhone to access mummysg. Can iPad and iPhone upload photos too?

I got a shock too! I didnt realise it was so swollen until my sister told me.... I didnt feel a thing at all...
It could be that I didnt drink enough water... somehow I drink much less water compared to pre preg days.. :(

Pics can only be uploaded from PC/Laptop... cannot upload from ipad/iphone...

mer17

yes yes!! I din realise that!! Cos it was all the way below!
I'm gonna put yingver07 on top! haha!!

Yingver07 - EDD 2 Aug - Thomson Medical - Girl
Mer17 - EDD 8 Aug - Parkway East - Girl
Maylim - EDD 8 Aug - Thomson Medical Center - Girl
zaclin29 - EDD 12 Aug - NUH - Girl
Perkyperky - EDD 17 Aug - mount E - Girl
Bertrande - EDD 17 Aug - mount A - Girl
Steffywoofy - EDD 17 Aug - gleneagles
MommyDioR - EDD 21 Aug - mount A - Girl
Mamamarie - EDD 23 Aug - NUH - Boy
TutTut - EDD 26 Aug - Mount A - Girl
Ch0c0l4te - EDD 27 Aug - Thomson Medical - Boy
Wendy - EDD 28 Aug - Thomson Medical - Girl
Bluemit - EDD 30 Aug - Thomson Medical - Boy
problemgal - EDD 30 Aug - Kandang Kerbau Hospital - Girl

mer17, finally there's someone earlier than u!! hehehehe...

mer17

I was shock too! Will the water retention subside? Like on off having swollen feet, or it's "permanent" until delivery?? Mine starts to slowly get bloated and red too (red like blood flow downwards to my feet).. but someday they appear ok. But I can feel my feet having difficulty carrying my body nowadays.. Drinking water will really improve this water retention problem??

I got a shock too! I didnt realise it was so swollen until my sister told me.... I didnt feel a thing at all...
It could be that I didnt drink enough water... somehow I drink much less water compared to pre preg days.. :(

Gnet

Oh no, not drinking enuff water will haf swollen legs? I can't seem to drink plain water this few days (like back in 1st trim). It just makes me feel like puking again. Only can take sweet drinks like Ribena. Anybody having the same problem as me? :(

zaclin29

I was shock too! Will the water retention subside? Like on off having swollen feet, or it's "permanent" until delivery?? Mine starts to slowly get bloated and red too (red like blood flow downwards to my feet).. but someday they appear ok. But I can feel my feet having difficulty carrying my body nowadays.. Drinking water will really improve this water retention problem??

Mine started in wk28, on & off will have the swelling...

Then starting end of wk29, it's like permanent. It will subside slightly only. The pic is the worst case. My legs started to get all red in wk30.. So far walking still ok. I can foresee that I might not be able to walk later on cos read that water retention will get worst nearing delivery.

bertrande

I read somewhere that our pets will be more protective towards us when we are pregnant. My dog is 1 good example. He sticks with me when I'm at home...when I go downstairs, to the kitchen, to the toilet...etc. If asked to part with him, I wouldn't bear to. Sometimes I'm also like you Zaclin, I'll secretly put him on my lap and sayang him as my hubby dislike my dog getting close to me too.

Bertrande, how do you manage 4 dogs at the same time? Lol... They'll be like crying for your attention I'm sure. I feel my dog is the first to ever sense and know my pregnancy, way before the test kit! Haha! We are all such pet lovers!!!

Problemgal, i'm sure different people experience differently during their pregnancies. Don't be too bothered by what we're experiencing and you're not. If you're not at ease, it's best to consult your gynae. I have a gf who don't experience anything like I do at all! I find it weird too, but I guess it's all individual... :D
perkyperky, I love all of them, so they are not a bother. The two girls sleep in the pen at night in the kitchen and the two boys sleep with us...still hehe. The dog closest to me has started avoiding me though, and turned into a real daddy's boy :( I don't know if he senses that I'm pregnant or what. So sad... but the other three are still very manja. My husband has no problem with me getting close to animals that I'm not allergic to, so I still go close to my dogs and to the horses at the place we always visit. So far no problem and I hope it builds up immunity for baby hahaha. But I draw a line at cats because I'm allergic to all cats within 30 minutes of contact so no chance there.

bertrande

Mine is a brown/red toy poodle... Love him to bits!!! I'm allergic to cats too, but I feel cats have so much character! I thought its dangerous to do cat's litter as read from baby center?

Anyway, does any of you find it difficult and hard to get in and out of the car, especially if you drive? I gave up and stopped driving now. It's tough for me to "climb in and out" even though I've adjusted the car seat.

I feel we're such wonderful mummies cos after pregnant, we changed so much (in terms of physical)! We have darkened armpits, darkened and enlarged nipples, cellulite (for me), that extra weight in such short period, and enlarged feet! Haha! Anything else to add to the list? Lol!
Me too! I drive SUV so it's a bit "high" for me to climb out. Going in is still manageable for now.

I have: enlarged feet by 2 sizes, darkened nipples, extra weight, rolling thighs haha, horrible constipation!

mamamarie

Mine started in wk28, on & off will have the swelling...

Then starting end of wk29, it's like permanent. It will subside slightly only. The pic is the worst case. My legs started to get all red in wk30.. So far walking still ok. I can foresee that I might not be able to walk later on cos read that water retention will get worst nearing delivery.
Zaclin, my feet looks like yours too! Im in my 29th week, and it started a few weeks ago for me, becomes swollen and numb, on and off! It's so sensitive when i walk bcos of all the excessive water... :(

mamamarie

Oh no, not drinking enuff water will haf swollen legs? I can't seem to drink plain water this few days (like back in 1st trim). It just makes me feel like puking again. Only can take sweet drinks like Ribena. Anybody having the same problem as me? :(
Gnet, i hardly drink water in general... i need some flavor in my drink, at least a bit. And in my 1st tri, i was drinking alot of ribena and squeezed juices right into my 2nd trimester! Now i'm just drinking green tea or lemon tea which is not good, but i compensate bcos i drink my Anmum milk everyday without fail Hehe

mamamarie

AGREE! I pray hard that stretchmarks stay away from me!!
And that the water retention will just stay on my feet and nvr go to my face.....
Me too! And so far i dont see stretchmarks on me, just lots of blue/green veins all over my belly... do you all have that on your belly?

mamamarie

Mamamarie, I'm not far behind! Anyway, as long as baby is fine and active, I am happy hehe. Like today i feel her moving about (or should I say squirming about like a worm), I feel so <3
Thanks for cheering me up. Yes i should remember that! And me too... i felt mine move more than 10 kicks this morning on my way to work too. I dont always feel that much movement in the morning. He must've been hungry, had breakfast earlier and he's kicking like crazy still. LOVE the feeling!!!