EDD: August 2012

Ohhhh! I felt the weirdest thing last night!!! Last night my baby girl was kicking me so much! So I placed my hand across the side bottom of my tummy when I was lying on my left, and...and I felt her hands or legs kicking me and brushing against my hands. I got a shock & felt weird and I subconsciously removed my hands away quickly! To me, it's scary!!! I don't mind the kicks and movements, but the legs or hands or dunno what popping out?!?! Simply freaks me! Hahaha!

Then I felt I was wrong with my sudden action, talked to her and she didn't kick so hard anymore. Maybe my baby is angry... Haha!

Mamamarie, what we're doing with our weights is just for fun remember? Bertrande is right, so long baby is progressing healthily, nothing else matters!

Bertrande, I still play with my dog. After all, I'm his only entertainer. Haha! They don't watch tv, play computer nor read magazines. So we're their only entertainer and companion. Hehe! I got sinus, so I can't go near cats too.

I stopped with my stretch mark creams and pray that I'll be like my mom (no stretch marks after giving birth to us 3 sisters). But my mom has terrible vericose veins!!! They say if you ask your mom what she has when she was expecting you, the same will more or less happen to you (like vericose veins, stretch marks, cellulite, etc). I guess we'll just have to accept this "Wei da" results caused by pregnancy...

mamamarie

Ohhhh! I felt the weirdest thing last night!!! Last night my baby girl was kicking me so much! So I placed my hand across the side bottom of my tummy when I was lying on my left, and...and I felt her hands or legs kicking me and brushing against my hands. I got a shock & felt weird and I subconsciously removed my hands away quickly! To me, it's scary!!! I don't mind the kicks and movements, but the legs or hands or dunno what popping out?!?! Simply freaks me! Hahaha!

Then I felt I was wrong with my sudden action, talked to her and she didn't kick so hard anymore. Maybe my baby is angry... Haha!
Haha! I know how you feel... I was freaked out also the first time I felt that last week, and when I see a bump poking out at one side. Hehehe

mamamarie

Mamamarie, what we're doing with our weights is just for fun remember? Bertrande is right, so long baby is progressing healthily, nothing else matters!

Bertrande, I still play with my dog. After all, I'm his only entertainer. Haha! They don't watch tv, play computer nor read magazines. So we're their only entertainer and companion. Hehe! I got sinus, so I can't go near cats too.

I stopped with my stretch mark creams and pray that I'll be like my mom (no stretch marks after giving birth to us 3 sisters). But my mom has terrible vericose veins!!! They say if you ask your mom what she has when she was expecting you, the same will more or less happen to you (like vericose veins, stretch marks, cellulite, etc). I guess we'll just have to accept this "Wei da" results caused by pregnancy...
Yup I know for fun, it's just me not accepting that im putting on weight. It took me 10mths to lose 20kg when i was overweight all my life until I met my guy and he helped me regain my figure (the last time i was 48kg was when i was 15yrs old!) I maintained it for 2yrs after losing that weight, and got pregnant in Dec 2011 and then the weight came on... I read that if you were once overweight, it can blow up again. I only hope I can lose it all again. Took lots of exercise and eating healthily to lose 20kgs! Sigh.

My mum didnt have stretchmarks but had vericose veins, she still has it! The nurse at the antenatal said that depending on your mum's expectancy, if she delivered prematurely, we will. But it's not proven. Me and my sister were full term babies. Unlike my aunt, she gave birth to my cousin at 7mths but the other 2 siblings full term. We cant tell for sure on the firstborn since she's not married yet! But her sibling, went to full term with her first child...

Gnet

Gnet, i hardly drink water in general... i need some flavor in my drink, at least a bit. And in my 1st tri, i was drinking alot of ribena and squeezed juices right into my 2nd trimester! Now i'm just drinking green tea or lemon tea which is not good, but i compensate bcos i drink my Anmum milk everyday without fail Hehe
Lucky I'm not alone. At least u still can compensate by drinking milk. I can't take dairy milk products due to my gastric reflex but like most of u say, as long as baby is fine can le. :)

mamamarie

Lucky I'm not alone. At least u still can compensate by drinking milk. I can't take dairy milk products due to my gastric reflex but like most of u say, as long as baby is fine can le. :)
Oh so how do you have calcium in your diet? Cheese? I read that the last trimester we need even more calcium, so i should have 2 cups of milk now. I never drink milk before, but somehow it tastes good now Haha!

bertrande

Oh so how do you have calcium in your diet? Cheese? I read that the last trimester we need even more calcium, so i should have 2 cups of milk now. I never drink milk before, but somehow it tastes good now Haha!
I'm still on my calcium pills (2 a day, as prescribed by gynae). I eat cheese maybe 3x a week...but can't stand milk (last time I used to LOVE it) because it makes me so nauseous still! So I hope I'm getting enough calcium from my food intake, don't want osteoporosis next time!!

mamamarie

I'm still on my calcium pills (2 a day, as prescribed by gynae). I eat cheese maybe 3x a week...but can't stand milk (last time I used to LOVE it) because it makes me so nauseous still! So I hope I'm getting enough calcium from my food intake, don't want osteoporosis next time!!
Can I purchase calcium from the pharmacy, any idea what brand? Or i should get from the doc? My milk lasts me only 1 to 2 weeks and it's $20/box. So was hoping to save $ and get pills...

Gnet

Cheese ok for me but not too much. I also take from other source of calcium like milo, broccoli, dark green veg and ikan bilis. I tried taking oyster calcium tablet in the first trim but stop after my 1st detail scan as they found 3 white dots on the baby's heart (too much for the lil one).

UPDATES!!!
i realize my baby gender is not stated here....
:SLEEP:
1 more bb girl to the list :)

Yingver07 - EDD 2 Aug - Thomson Medical - Girl

Mer17 - EDD 8 Aug - Parkway East - Girl
Maylim - EDD 8 Aug - Thomson Medical Center - Girl
zaclin29 - EDD 12 Aug - NUH - Girl
Perkyperky - EDD 17 Aug - mount E - Girl
Bertrande - EDD 17 Aug - mount A - Girl
Steffywoofy - EDD 17 Aug - gleneagles - Girl
MommyDioR - EDD 21 Aug - mount A - Girl
Mamamarie - EDD 23 Aug - NUH - Boy
TutTut - EDD 26 Aug - Mount A - Girl
Ch0c0l4te - EDD 27 Aug - Thomson Medical - Boy
Wendy - EDD 28 Aug - Thomson Medical - Girl
Bluemit - EDD 30 Aug - Thomson Medical - Boy
problemgal - EDD 30 Aug - Kandang Kerbau Hospital - Girl

perkyperky, I love all of them, so they are not a bother. The two girls sleep in the pen at night in the kitchen and the two boys sleep with us...still hehe. The dog closest to me has started avoiding me though, and turned into a real daddy's boy :( I dont't know if he senses that I'm pregnant or what. So sad... but the other three are still very manja. My husband has no problem with me getting close to animals that I'm not allergic to, so I still go close to my dogs and to the horses at the place we always visit. So far no problem and I hope it builds up immunity for baby hahaha. But I draw a line at cats because I'm allergic to all cats within 30 minutes of contact so no chance there.
I have 2 dogs too!!!
My MIL told me not to carry my dogs close to my tummy... say that is not good for the baby
and baby will look like the dog etc etc etc ?????!?!!
My SIL offer to look after my dogs after i pop ... cos she said bb will have asthma
Many friends ask me to give away my dogs...

But i refuse!!! They are like my babies too!!! And yes they sleep with me every night too
One sleep underneath the bed while the other one sleep next to my bed
I told my husband even if my bb has asthma *touch wood* my dogs will still stay...
Asthma might not be the main causes, same family dont even have any pets but children is also asthmatic.. Although the fur might trigger the condition but as long we keep the place clean and dry will be fine.

like what bertrande say.. who knows it can help to build up bb immune ??
i grew up with dogs, and i am healthy and strong! hehe

Bluemit

Can I purchase calcium from the pharmacy, any idea what brand? Or i should get from the doc? My milk lasts me only 1 to 2 weeks and it's $20/box. So was hoping to save $ and get pills...
My colleague recommend Caltrate 600mg to me after telling her my gynae doesn't prescribe to me. Her gynae from Kandang Kerbau Hospital prescribed to her. Can get from Watson or Guardian

zaclin29

mamamarie, I will make u feel better... haha...

perkyperky - 39kg to 52kg
Mamamarie - 48kg to 66kg
bertrande - 51kg to 64kg
ch0c0l4te - 53kg to 60kg
MommyDior - 45kg to 57kg
zaclin29 - 58kg to 68kg

Last edited:

zaclin29

Mamamarie, I'm not far behind! Anyway, as long as baby is fine and active, I am happy hehe. Like today i feel her moving about (or should I say squirming about like a worm), I feel so <3
me too! Last night before I go to sleep, my girl was squirming about like a worm!
she doesnt punch or kick now, more like squirming.. can see my tummy move ard on one side now! haha..
but didnt manage to get a vid... whenever I got my vid on standby, she stopped...

Found that she wont move so much if Im standing or sitting but once I lie down she will start to move about...
not sure if its becos she feels uncomfortable or?

zaclin29

I love that feeling when she brushed across my hand when I placed my hands on my tummy.. then she will punch or kick or elbow (dunno which one) on my hands.. haha.. then i will talk to her like asked her what is she doing in there, if she's playing or bla bla bla.. haha... my hubby said i am crazy... :p

zaclin29

Right now Im having slight numbness in my left palm & carpal tunnel on my right wrist....
The carpal tunnel has been there for 1+ month now... :(

zaclin29

Yup I know for fun, it's just me not accepting that im putting on weight. It took me 10mths to lose 20kg when i was overweight all my life until I met my guy and he helped me regain my figure (the last time i was 48kg was when i was 15yrs old!) I maintained it for 2yrs after losing that weight, and got pregnant in Dec 2011 and then the weight came on... I read that if you were once overweight, it can blow up again. I only hope I can lose it all again. Took lots of exercise and eating healthily to lose 20kgs! Sigh.

My mum didnt have stretchmarks but had vericose veins, she still has it! The nurse at the antenatal said that depending on your mum's expectancy, if she delivered prematurely, we will. But it's not proven. Me and my sister were full term babies. Unlike my aunt, she gave birth to my cousin at 7mths but the other 2 siblings full term. We cant tell for sure on the firstborn since she's not married yet! But her sibling, went to full term with her first child...
mamamarie, we are in the same boat.. used to be overweight and lost 10kg after 8months.. and have been maintaining it for 2yrs before I put it on again when I was trying for a baby... and now it got worst... thats why my hubby is making alot of noise abt my weight gain becos he knows it is not easy for me to lose weight....

Thats why I need to stay active so that it will be easier for me to pick up my exercise regime again later... if not my body will be "sleeping" for too long and harder for me to get the stamina back...

but again, im gaining so much now is mainly becos of overeating.. hahaha.... and there's no turning back.. :p
Just hope that my weight will not increase anymore in the last trimester...

bertrande

Wah didn't know milk was so ex! My pills last 30 days (2 pills a day) and I got it from the gynae and it's definitely less than $20 a box! The label says it's pure organic milk calcium. I cannot remember the brand off-hand but sounds like it's much cheaper than drinking milk.