EDD August 2014

Not sure if its only me. Maybe cos this is my first child, I tend to胡思乱想 abit. Constantly worrying abt whether bb will stick and etc. Sigh! Its really driving me crazy. This sun am going to see my tcm, from my pulse she can perhaps tel me if everything is stable at this moment.

NewMommie

Not sure if its only me. Maybe cos this is my first child, I tend to胡思乱想 abit. Constantly worrying abt whether bb will stick and etc. Sigh! Its really driving me crazy. This sun am going to see my tcm, from my pulse she can perhaps tel me if everything is stable at this moment.
It's definitely not only you! me too! I am very worried if my baby will stick and will be fine. I actually starting talking to my baby telling him that he must be healthy and i am willing to give anything for him to come smoothly :) I guess I am naturally a worrywart!

Exactly! I did the same too! Not sure wat religion are you but I'm actually a buddhist. Starting from today I'm going to start to念经every nite. All I ask for is a smooth pregnancy and a healthy baby :)

babiebreath

hi all!
think i should be an aug mtb (just tested positive)! =)

also my first time...hence will appreciate if anyone can help share what i should be expecting?
hmm...i think i shld start with choosing a gynae and hospital?
can anyone share which gynae you go to? and why?

Hi babiebreath, any symptoms yet? I have not gone to a gynae yet cos I should be only ard 4 weeks plus which is too early to see anything. Will wait till either week 6 or 7 then see a gynae.

I will be seeing Dr Kowa from Mount E. Went to him to do an ultrasound b4 my pregnancy to check if I have any cysts or anything. Very comfortable with him! Very fatherly and friendly doc. He is also not the the sort who will rush into explaining things. Not only tat, the nurses there are really friendly too. Really love the environment there:D

Pie

I think it's good to choose a gynae near your place and reputable (have to find reviews from online) .. Cos when the tummy gets bigger, it'll be easier to travel to and fro?

babiebreath

hi good morning all!

to Joyfulsadness, nope no symptoms yet..but my own calculation tells mi I shld b 6weeks pregnant...hee
yah one of my friend gave me contact to Dr Kowa too! but I'm still debating if I should see a male or female gynae..
im not sure how comfortable I'll b with a male gynae....any female gynae to recommend?

to Pie , yup I'm choosing between Thomson, Glen E or Raffles...I'm looking for good nurses and midwives too! (cos I think they will be attending to us moast of the time as compared to the gynae who only appear at the last 5mins?)

Last edited:

NewMommie

hi good morning all!

to Joyfulsadness, nope no symptoms yet..but my own calculation tells mi I shld b 6weeks pregnant...hee
yah one of my friend gave me contact to Dr Kowa too! but I'm still debating if I should see a male or female gynae..
im not sure how comfortable I'll b with a male gynae....any female gynae to recommend?

to Pie , yup I'm choosing between Thomson, Glen E or Raffles...I'm looking for good nurses and midwives too! (cos I think they will be attending to us moast of the time as compared to the gynae who only appear at the last 5mins?)
I just went for scan today at 6 weeks, almost cant find the baby as its too small, but finally, Dr managed to find the tiny baby and with its heart beating. It soooo touching and amazing to see a life growing inside me.

My gynae is Dr Heng from Parkway East, female gynae, so far find her ok, quite assuring and friendly.

I started my morning sickness few days ago. Feeling nauseous all day long and extremely bloated. Anyone have any idea how to reduce the bloatedness?

NewMommie:847839 said:
hi good morning all!

I just went for scan today at 6 weeks, almost cant find the baby as its too small, but finally, Dr managed to find the tiny baby and with its heart beating. It soooo touching and amazing to see a life growing inside me.

My gynae is Dr Heng from Parkway East, female gynae, so far find her ok, quite assuring and friendly.

I started my morning sickness few days ago. Feeling nauseous all day long and extremely bloated. Anyone have any idea how to reduce the bloatedness?
Hi NewMommie, how did your gynae do the ultrasound for u? Through vaginal or tummy?

NewMommie

She just did the normal tummy scan for me. As baby was too small, she cant seems to find it initially inside the sac and she actually frown. I can feel my heart stop for a moment.

But, would it be easier and clearer if she were to do vaginal scan instead? I din know of that option at all. Hehe.

NewMommie:847885 said:
She just did the normal tummy scan for me. As baby was too small, she cant seems to find it initially inside the sac and she actually frown. I can feel my heart stop for a moment.

But, would it be easier and clearer if she were to do vaginal scan instead? I din know of that option at all. Hehe.
I think vaginal is easier to see. I actually read this info from forum, not too sure though. When is your next visit to the gynae huh?

I suddenly feel tat time is passing very slowly. The day when I got my BFP was the start of my leave. Am on leave for about a week plus.

Everyday doing nothing at home just make me feel more anxious :(

cherrieVal

I went for my first gynae visit last week and I was about 5 weeks pregnant then. Did a vaginal scan as Gynae said that it is still too early so a vaginal scan will be clearer

cherrieVal

Hi joyfulsadness, gynae said to arrange for the next visit 2 weeks later, she said by then will be able to see the heartbeat.

cherrieVal:847913 said:
Hi joyfulsadness, gynae said to arrange for the next visit 2 weeks later, she said by then will be able to see the heartbeat.
Wow nice!! May I also know which gynae are u seeing?

cherrieVal

My first visit was with Dr Regina at GynaeMD Clementi. But the next visit at week 7 I've made an appt with another gynae coz I find that Dr Regina's package and delivery fees are very high =(

The other gynae that I made appt with is Dr Wong Mun Tat from Thomson women's clinic. He has lots of good reviews whereas there's not so much reviews found for Dr Regina.

Last edited:
cherrieVal:847923 said:
My first visit was with Dr Regina at GynaeMD Clementi. But the next visit at week 7 I've made an appt with another gynae coz I find that Dr Regina's package and delivery fees are very high =(

The other gynae that I made appt with is Dr Wong Mun Tat from Thomson women's clinic. He has lots of good reviews whereas there's not so much reviews found for Dr Regina.
Oh, how much is their package n delivery fee huh?

Linndy

Hello everybody, Im new in this forum, expecting my no. 2 in Aug 2014! :)
Just to share that i prev delivered at KK, paid about 1.3k cash.. I find it quite cheap considering i took epidural & stayed in A1 ward, hope this is useful!