EDD Dec 2010

bbloelim

can i noe wats steroid jabs?

my EDD is 9-11dec, went c gynae this aftnoon, he said baby still a distance, although halfway in..
im so worried that baby missed her EDD.. the waiting seems 4ever..
and i oso dun1 last min, have to go for c-section, which means 2 costs right??

so worried.. few days left..

MeganLim

can i know wats steroid jabs?

my EDD is 9-11dec, went c gynae this aftnoon, he said baby still a distance, although halfway in..
and i also dun1 last min, have to go for c-section, which means 2 costs right??
Hi,

I have steroid jab- dexa to mature baby lungs and development to speed up. But if ou are 35wks and above, dont't have to take that jab.

Do worry too much

gumbokins

can i noe wats steroid jabs?

and i oso dun1 last min, have to go for c-section, which means 2 costs right??

yup yup, steroid jabs is to mature the baby's lungs, in case of premie birth. but your baby considered full term already, so no worries.

anyways, the EDD is just an estimation, some ppl can go up to 42 weeks before delivery! emergency c-sect is only if you start to go into labour and hv difficulties delivering, then need. talk to your baby more lah..heehee

Jaschy

thanks ladies :D :D

went back yesterday to review, was already quite prepared to deliver yesterday. but the gynae said it looked like got more fluid and baby CTG very good, blood test result all clear so we all decided that it was better for baby to stay in than to come out at 35w2d.

Next saturday go back again, if all is OK we will wait till week 37 to deliver.

funny thing is i had opted for an elective c-sect because i did not want the 'uncertainty' of a natural birth..not knowing when you will go into labour etc. then see what happened?? these past few days really all over the place, ha ha.

so just taking it a week at a time now...
good to hear that gumbokins! so have u choose a date for ur c-section ?

Just went for gynae check up yesterday.. my darling girl still refuse to turn.. so had decided to go for c-section on 15 dec.. hope everything will be smooth!
:tlaugh:

Amor Dolce

Hi all

Been reading all your threads tho' have never posted anything online...... :)
I have a scheduled c-sect on 20Dec, my 2nd c-sect in 2yrs..1st one last yr in apr due to baby distress while in labour...
now just found out that my blood count is low and may have to do blood transfusion a day before scheduled c-sect....
has any of you heard of anyone experiencing the same problem?

kinda worried now as this is my 2nd c-sect in 2 yrs...i cant help but feelin worried about losing too much blood....

notti

Amor, my colleague had the same prob as u but she is doing fine after the transfusion, so no worries, k?

Jaschy, good luck and all the best!

my dear son is high on the jaundice.. kinda getting worried.. will need to go back to monitor his jaundice level tomorrow again..

gumbokins

good to hear that gumbokins! so have u choose a date for ur c-section ?

Just went for gynae check up yesterday.. my darling girl still refuse to turn.. so had decided to go for c-section on 15 dec.. hope everything will be smooth!
:tlaugh:
Nope, haven't chosen a date yet. Originally supp to be 29 dec but it was not meant to be, lah.

bbloelim

i heard fr 1 of my aunt that if baby got jaundice, giv them drink a little drie3d longan + red dates (boil them). but i oso heard babies cant drink water leh...

distress while in labour..means the baby heartbeat slow dwn or they poo-ed inside ou stomach right..

im worried my baby wil poo inside..i read magazine, it said full-term baby will poo..my god..

notti

i heard fr 1 of my aunt that if baby got jaundice, give them drink a little drie3d longan + red dates (boil them). but i also heard babies cant drink water ...

distress while in labour..means the baby heartbeat slow dwn or they poo-ed inside ou stomach right..

im worried my baby wil poo inside..i read magazine, it said full-term baby will poo..my god..
thanks bbloelim, today went for the 2nd checkup on jaundice for my boy. dropped from 285 to 255 today. but was advised by the doc to keep on monitoring till it dropped below 100. so i guessed more checkups will be necessary. if keep on decreasing then maybe i dun feed the longan + red dates drink juz in case they cant drink this yet.

my confinement month was not meant to stay at home and avoid outdoors. so many checkups to go.. haha... 2 days later gotta go for the jaundice check and next week my gynae follow up..

while in labour i told my son not to poo inside me, luckily he didn't :)

gumbokins

Hi all

Been reading all your threads tho' have never posted anything online...... :)
I have a scheduled c-sect on 20Dec, my 2nd c-sect in 2yrs..1st one last yr in apr due to baby distress while in labour...
now just found out that my blood count is low and may have to do blood transfusion a day before scheduled c-sect....
has any of you heard of anyone experiencing the same problem?
kinda worried now as this is my 2nd c-sect in 2 yrs...i cant help but feelin worried about losing too much blood....
I'm guessing it's just a preventative measure to avoid any problems that may arise, yah? Personally have not met anyone who has had to do something similar. Eat more nutritious foods, high in protein and iron as well and think happy thoughts

gumbokins

i heard fr 1 of my aunt that if baby got jaundice, giv them drink a little drie3d longan + red dates (boil them). but i oso heard babies cant drink water leh...

Yah my massage lady also told my mum to get some winter melon thing from the sinseh, boil to give the baby to help with the jaundice.

Not say babies can't drink water, they just don't need that much.

Happy thoughts, ladies, happy thoughts :)

gumbokins

So we've finally decided on a date to deliver: 20th dec! About a week earlier than my original schedule :) one more week of sitting around the house twiddling fingers and trying to finish up my work before I go on maternity leave.

Hope everyone is doing fine, with their babies and pregnancies!

bbloelim

i went to my doc today.
had actualy passed my due date which is today. he suggested in inserting 2 pills, so my the opening wil open, then i can start giving birth, or i can wait again..
then me n hubby decided to wait..

hopefully baby come auto this few days..

gumbokins

i went to my doc today.
had actualy passed my due date which is today. he suggested in inserting 2 pills, so my the opening wil open, then i can start giving birth, or i can wait again..
then me n hubby decided to wait..

hopefully baby come auto this few days..
Fully baked already! JY JY!

notti

Hi gumbokins,

20th dec was originally my edd also! haha.. by the way, thanks for all the advises for curing the jaundice. my boy's jaundice level had deceased over these few days. however, doc still wanna assess him till it dropped below 100. so his appt will be a few days later and hopefully by then problem resolved.

good luck to all those waiting for labour! may all of u have ur love ones with u before xmas! haha...

sweety

Hi, I've delivered my little princess on 7 Dec at Thomson Medical Center. :)

EDD supposed to be on 12-14 Dec but due to my gestational diabetes & some other issues, I went for inducement after hesitating for sometimes. Luckily it was a fast natural delivery as I insisted no epidural. :001_302:

notti

Hi, I've delivered my little princess on 7 Dec at Thomson Medical Center. :)

EDD supposed to be on 12-14 Dec but due to my gestational diabetes & some other issues, I went for inducement after hesitating for sometimes. Luckily it was a fast natural delivery as I insisted no epidural. :001_302:
Congrats Sweety! How long u took to deliver ur princess? Seems like all r delivering early :)