EDD Dec 2010

doubleU

Hi all,

Congratz to sweety!!

Jia you bbloelim!! My due date is on the 17 dec.. BB still doesn't want to come out yet too.. It just kept me waiting n waiting.. My gynae say if by 16 dec, bb still not out yet.. She might suggest me to induce.. But I tot it will be better if everything goes naturally..

Worse part was during my visit to e gynae on 10 dec.. Gynae put her hand in to check whether I am dilated.. After that I start having abit bloody discharge which my gynae say that it is normal.. But I was so freak off when I notice the discharge is a lot.. Called up e gynae and she say tat it is normal.. Since then, I keep feeling my tummy for bb movement.. =X damn scare!

Btw, is it really normal to have bloody discharge before the bb came out?

Hope all December mummy will have a smooth delivery and healthy baby!! Xoxo

P.S. I hope my baby will come out without having to induce..

Jaschy

Hi, I've delivered my little princess on 7 Dec at Thomson Medical Center. :)

EDD supposed to be on 12-14 Dec but due to my gestational diabetes & some other issues, I went for inducement after hesitating for sometimes. Luckily it was a fast natural delivery as I insisted no epidural. :001_302:
congrats sweety! :Dancing_wub:

Cant wait for my little princess to be out with me in 2 days time too!

Jia you all dec mummy!:Dancing_wub:

gumbokins

Hi all,

Congratz to sweety!!

Jia you bbloelim!! My due date is on the 17 dec.. BB still doesn't want to come out yet too.. It just kept me waiting n waiting.. My gynae say if by 16 dec, bb still not out yet.. She might suggest me to induce.. But I tot it will be better if everything goes naturally..

Worse part was during my visit to e gynae on 10 dec.. Gynae put her hand in to check whether I am dilated.. After that I start having abit bloody discharge which my gynae say that it is normal.. But I was so freak off when I notice the discharge is a lot.. Called up e gynae and she say tat it is normal.. Since then, I keep feeling my tummy for bb movement.. =X damn scare!

Well, the last time I heard about a bloody discharge, it was my friend's and she called the gynae and they were told to go to the hospital to deliver...

notti

A question for those mummy who had delivered:

Do u all still feel slight discomfort at ur wound area even after abt 2 weeks after delivery? Cos I dont feel pain anymore after abt 3 days after delivery but somehow there is this slight discomfort. Hard to describe the discomfort but I would say its kinda feeling tight. On few occassion when I pee, there is a slight stingy feeling. I do not experience this all the time. On and off will encounter this. Is it normal and if it is, how long it will take to completely heal?

sweety

Congrats Sweety! How long u took to deliver ur princess? Seems like all r delivering early :)
Hi notti,

I delivered my little princess within an hour after my water bag was manually bursted by my gynae in the evening.

In fact, I was induced in the morning. However, my celvic was not opened at all so I was told to walk around. Then I went shopping for few hours before going back to my gynae for check up in the afternoon. After that, my gynae told me my celvic had opened 3cm so asked me to admit to hospital waiting for delivery.

When my gynae came & bursted my water bag in the evening, I started to have contractions for half an hour & celvic suddenly opened till 9cm. So I delivered my little princess within an hour. :)

bbloelim

Hi all,

Congratz to sweety!!

tot the bloody discharge is normal? alittle blood huh??
my gynae also chked me, aft that, the discharge comes with brown colour.. but, also nth happen..my baby til tdy also dun1 come out..
so sick of waiting...
doctor also suggested induce, but my inlaws all disagree, so waiting still.....

LittleWorm

A question for those mummy who had delivered:

Do u all still feel slight discomfort at ur wound area even after abt 2 weeks after delivery? Cos I dont feel pain anymore after abt 3 days after delivery but somehow there is this slight discomfort. Hard to describe the discomfort but I would say its kinda feeling tight. On few occassion when I pee, there is a slight stingy feeling. I do not experience this all the time. On and off will encounter this. Is it normal and if it is, how long it will take to completely heal?
Did you have an episotomy? If you had stitches, it's normal to feel discomfort around that area even 2 weeks after delivery. In fact, for me it took about a month before completely healed. Did ur gynae give u a round buckety thingy for taking salt bath? Take salt bath for ur wound area until u no longer have the stingy feeling. Try not to stood down during this period.

LittleWorm

Hi all,

Congratz to sweety!!

Jia you bbloelim!! My due date is on the 17 dec.. baby still doesn't want to come out yet too.. It just kept me waiting n waiting.. My gynae say if by 16 dec, baby still not out yet.. She might suggest me to induce.. But I thought it will be better if everything goes naturally..

Worse part was during my visit to e gynae on 10 dec.. Gynae put her hand in to check whether I am dilated.. After that I start having abit bloody discharge which my gynae say that it is normal.. But I was so freak off when I notice the discharge is a lot.. Called up e gynae and she say that it is normal.. Since then, I keep feeling my tummy for baby movement.. =X damn scare!

Btw, is it really normal to have bloody discharge before the baby came out?

Hope all December mummy will have a smooth delivery and healthy baby!! Xoxo.

It's normal to have a bloody discharge after your gynae check you for your cervix dilation. It should stop after 1-2 days. But if you continously have a bloody discharge n seems to b flowing more plus with contraction pains, you should go see your gynae to see if you can go for delivery.

I had contraction pains n bloody discharge for 3 days, my gynae arrange for me to induce one day before EDD but I thought baby will come out soon with the bloody discharge (I wanted natural birth with no pill or drip interference) but real labour pains still didn't come (only had very serious braxton hicks contractions) after 3 days so in the end I finally went for induction. Lucky I did as baby already poo in amniotic water so she's in distress already n it would have been dangerous if I continued to wait n not go for induction.

notti

Did you have an episotomy? If you had stitches, it's normal to feel discomfort around that area even 2 weeks after delivery. In fact, for me it took about a month before completely healed. Did your gynae give you a round buckety thingy for taking salt bath? Take salt bath for your wound area until you no longer have the stingy feeling. Try not to stood down during this period.
Hi LittleWorm,

Yes, I had episotomy. I had used the salt bath for almost 1 week. Now almost 2nd week after my delivery already. Phew, so its common ya? I thought how come I still feel discomfort after so many days. Thanks LittleWorm! :)

bbloelim

i had bloody discharge this afternoon when i woke up.
n its alot alot..which i went to my gynae's clinic immedly, so worried. coz i tot it shd be like brown spotting or wat..
then after doc chked me, he said i might be gg labour tonight, if not will be tmr.
asked me to admit to hospital when the pain is 5mins interval..
i had some pain, but its very mild, like menses cramp feeling..awhile awhile only..is tat the contraction??

LittleWorm

Hi LittleWorm,

Yes, I had episotomy. I had used the salt bath for almost 1 week. Now almost 2nd week after my delivery already. Phew, so its common ya? I thought how come I still feel discomfort after so many days. Thanks LittleWorm! :)
You are welcome!! Wa remember our vagina expanded so much from normal to accomodate a baby so definitely it needs time to recover. Hope u fully recover soon

notti

You are welcome!! Wa remember our vagina expanded so much from normal to accomodate a baby so definitely it needs time to recover. Hope you fully recover soon
Thanks LittleWorm!

bbloelim, I will describe my contraction pain as wanna pass motion more to menses cramp. Initially I wasnt aware wat is contraction pain even after reading so much posting from here as i'm a 1st time mum. But on the actual day, I am able to tell cos the pain comes so often and regular. Wish u all the best and smooth delivery!

doubleU

Thanks gumbokins, bbloelim n Littleworm for replying..

On e 10 dec, after my gynae check me for dilation.. I had red discharge for only tat day.. Den on 13 dec 10am, it suddenly appear again.. I start to have mild contraction.. Thinking that I might be gg on labour soon.. I quickly went to bath.. Called e nurse, they advise that I shld go to delivery ward immediately.. But after my hubby research online, he told me it is normal.. I believe him n so I stay at home.. Until around 8pm, my MIL advise me to go to e hospital as I told her I am having mild contraction every 5 mins.. I reach delivery ward around 9pm..

I am so afraid that it is false alarm.. While waiting for e doctor to come n check, I realize I had leakage.. N e nurse say the it is water bag leakage.. N say I need to be admitted.. So they called my gynae.. But when gynae arrive.. She said my water bag is not burst yet.. -_-" but she told me bb will be coming in e morning as my contraction is frequent n wanted to burst my water bag for me.. I am quite nervous so I ask her not to.. As I already admitted.. I need to lie there until e bb deliver.. It is super stupid but left with no choice.. Between 3am to 7am, my contraction was like 7/10 pain.. N I keep enduring.. When my gynae came to check at 7am, I am already 6cm dilated.. So she broke my water bag and induce me with drips.. Not long later.. My contraction is like coming every 2mins n pain went up to 10/10..

doubleU

Continue..

After enduring for 30mins, I ask for laughing gas.. **I do not want epidural!!** this is when hell started.. Laughing gas basically only make me high but doesn't help in stopping e pain.. But somehow it distract me from the pain.. Time keep passing n baby nt coming.. Every seconds is like hours to me.. Finally I decide, please give me epidural.. Lols.. E nurse den check n say bb coming soon.. It is unless to have epidural.. SobSSSS.. The pain is really killing me.. N I kept on feel that I wanna shit during every contraction n kept squeezing.. Finally I almost squeeze e bb out.. But the nurse say.. STOP.. Gynae not here yet.. I like what the heck.. How can I stop.. Next thing she ask me to hold my leg wide open.. I'm like how e heck I gonna hold when I am left with no energy.. Finally at 10am.. My lil prince arrive.. Super long hour of torture.. N e baby look totally like my hubby make me so jealous.. Lols.. After which, my wish for having a baby girl next year is gone.. U know.. E whole process was horrifying for me.. Those ppl who have short labour are real lucky.. Btw I am very petite with weight of 38kg before pregnant n 49kg before giving birth.. N my baby came out to be 3.4kg.. I wonder how did I ever did it.. Omg!!

Happy being a moo moo cow now for my baby.. Happy motherhood everybody!!

Jaschy

Continue..

After enduring for 30mins, I ask for laughing gas.. **I do not want epidural!!** this is when hell started.. Laughing gas basically only make me high but doesn't help in stopping e pain.. But somehow it distract me from the pain.. Time keep passing n baby not coming.. Every seconds is like hours to me.. Finally I decide, please give me epidural.. Lols.. E nurse then check n say baby coming soon.. It is unless to have epidural.. SobSSSS.. The pain is really killing me.. N I kept on feel that I wanna shit during every contraction n kept squeezing.. Finally I almost squeeze e baby out.. But the nurse say.. STOP.. Gynae not here yet.. I like what the heck.. How can I stop.. Next thing she ask me to hold my leg wide open.. I'm like how e heck I gonna hold when I am left with no energy.. Finally at 10am.. My lil prince arrive.. Super long hour of torture.. N e baby look totally like my hubby make me so jealous.. Lols.. After which, my wish for having a baby girl next year is gone.. you know.. E whole process was horrifying for me.. Those ppl who have short labour are real lucky.. Btw I am very petite with weight of 38kg before pregnant n 49kg before giving birth.. N my baby came out to be 3.4kg.. I wonder how did I ever did it.. Omg!!

Happy being a moo moo cow now for my baby.. Happy motherhood everybody!!
Congrats Double you and well done! you must be very proud now when looking at your baby and you can tell him next time that mummy went thru a long labour WITHOUT epidural!! cool ! :wong29:
Enjoy your motherhood! :Dancing_wub:

gumbokins

congrats doubleU, you're so brave!! now is time to rest and enjoy motherhood. I think after this experience, everything else will be no challenge for you :)

notti

congrats double u!!! u're really brave. i weigh 43kg before preggy and weigh 56.3 before giving birth. consider myself small size also.. haha..but my tummy is really small.. almost giving birth already ppl still say i look like abt 7 months preg only.

my whole pregnancy was rather smooth sailing and it is only the delivery episode dat freak me out still..

twiggiez

first time mom. my edd's on the 22nd.
check up on monday.
i feel like asking for induced delivery on the edd itself if i still have no signs of labour. braxton hicks getting more frequent. and my back is killing me. finding it hard to sleep these few days. i feel like asking my hubby to sleep on the floor so i can have the bed all to myself haha...